Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

Fear and anxiety amongst the Zionists. No bananas here:

Look, I know people who live in Israel, and I also follow some experts who also live in Israel on YouTube. They all say that life is going on as normal without any major concerns or alarm bells about attacks from Iran. This narrative of psychological fear apparently only exists on Twitter, and the lack of response so far is the main part of this normalization, because Israel thinks that Iran is still a paper tiger.

Look, I know people who live in Israel, and I also follow some experts who also live in Israel on YouTube. They all say that life is going on as normal without any major concerns or alarm bells about attacks from Iran. This narrative of psychological fear apparently only exists on Twitter, and the lack of response so far is the main part of this normalization, because Israel thinks that Iran is still a paper tiger.
I do too. They’re ALL running away. Vast majority, needless to say, were draftees and served. Almost all now making a living in various manifestations of security from alarm systems to corporate security. A minority few starting tech companies. The few that stay ate terribly unhappy.

My experience corroborates the obvious. Yours contradicts it.

Last edited:
Look, I know people who live in Israel, and I also follow some experts who also live in Israel on YouTube. They all say that life is going on as normal without any major concerns or alarm bells about attacks from Iran.

I have heard this to. Because most the population lives away from the war.

Majority of population doesn’t live in border villages in the north nor do they live right next to the Gaza border.

There would be much more pressure on Bibi and the far right clan of Israel if Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa were under constant threat.

Instead Israel is basically staging one big real life war game where it gets to train its forces that have been out of major war conditions for over a decade.

The casualties haven’t been significant. If Russia can stomach 100K+ casualaroes and Ukraine can stomach even more than certaintly Israel can stomach a few thousand (IIRC less than 1000 soldiers have died if you remove the initial 10/7 attacks)

The only thing significant has been the damage to Israel’s image around the world in groups that are not “diehard support Israel” fans.

But with NATO and US holding veto cards. Israel has the most powerful backers in the world. The ‘ultimate security umbrella’. With a possible Trump election the far right clan in Israel will have the most backing they could ever dream of versus the obligatory backing they current get from Biden and the democrats.

I do too. They’re ALL running away. Vast majority, needless to say, were draftees and served. Almost all now making a living in various manifestations of security from alarm systems to corporate security. A minority few starting tech companies.
My experience corroborates the obvious. Yours contradicts it.

Incorrect analysis!

Iran keep giving time to their "enemy" to make meetings, move warships and airplanes, curious!

Highly suspicious from a GCC point of view.

Iranian retaliation against Israel each time seems more a joint Iranian American military drill against GCC than anything else.

I have heard this to. Because most the population lives away from the war.

Majority of population doesn’t live in border villages in the north nor do they live right next to the Gaza border.

There would be much more pressure on Bibi and the far right clan of Israel if Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa were under constant threat.

Instead Israel is basically staging one big real life war game where it gets to train its forces that have been out of major war conditions for over a decade.

The casualties haven’t been significant. If Russia can stomach 100K+ casualaroes and Ukraine can stomach even more than certaintly Israel can stomach a few thousand (IIRC less than 1000 soldiers have died if you remove the initial 10/7 attacks)

The only thing significant has been the damage to Israel’s image around the world in groups that are not “diehard support Israel” fans.

But with NATO and US holding veto cards. Israel has the most powerful backers in the world. The ‘ultimate security umbrella’. With a possible Trump election the far right clan in Israel will have the most backing they could ever dream of versus the obligatory backing they current get from Biden and the democrats.

Incorrect analysis!
Yes. The only populations that have been affected so far are those who lived close to where the attacks and counterattacks are taking place. This is actually a huge problem for Israel, because it has basically forced a part of the Israeli population into refugee status in their own country. But in other parts of Israel, life seems to be going on completely normally, even under the threat of this Iranian attack.

This narrative of psychological fear among the Israeli population does not seem to be happening.

An Iranian Il-76 military transport aircraft landed at Khmeimim Air Base, Syria, after taking off from Tehran, Iran.

The plane had its transponders turned off throughout the flight.

Iran is abandoning the restraint that has prevented open conflict with Israel. Beirut’s southern suburbs are emptying as residents flee to the mountains. Airlines are canceling flights to Beirut, Tehran and Tel Aviv. The Middle East has been on tenterhooks for more than a week – Iran’s frightening new playbook for war – The Economist.

The Shin Bet reported on Thursday that Iranian intelligence agents have been contacting Israeli citizens on social media through fake profiles. The report added that the Iranians have tried to recruit Israeli agents to carry out tasks across the country with the aim of undermining national security.

Iran keep giving time to their "enemy" to make meetings, move warships and airplanes, curious!

Highly suspicious from a GCC point of view.

Iranian retaliation against Israel each time seems more a joint Iranian American military drill against GCC than anything else.
What is The ‘GCC’. Never heard of it. I believe you meant PGCC.

KSA is not happy with all this Iranian circus.

I dont blame them.

This seems everything except what Iran says to be.

A excuse to move a lot of Western military hardware to the zone.

Who would say it? Iran taking part in USA plans to unstabilize Middle East.

when it's imminent we will likely get some leaks from the US
Buut, US intelligence on Iran is not as good as we think or is claimed. For example, Iran has tested some military technologies the US was only aware of during /after those tests. If Iran didnt do a public test or use those technologies in public, US probably would not have known.

US intelligence is often overrated and not as good as it should be- The Ukraine war ins another example- US and NATO most likely expected Russia to disintegrate or succumb by now, but that didnt happen- underestimating adversaries is a common US behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back