Dr. Shahiduzzaman: in order to change India’s habitual perception, our only answer as I feel is nuclearization.

I totally agree with Dr. Shahiduzzaman. India is the main enemy of both Pakistan and Bangladesh. A Strategic relationship between the two countries would be very beneficial for both.

Not sure about the sentiment in Pakistan but here in Bangladesh even after 16 years of pure propaganda against Pak by the Sheikh Hasina regime, I would say 90%+ people view Pakistan as a brotherly nation.

This is the First Civilian power plant being constructed in Bangladesh under IAEA safeguards
And India is helping Bangladesh in its construction

IAEA safeguards mean No possession of the Enriched Uranium ,it is all IAEA property
Technically factually incorrect. IAEA do not own the plant, they monitor it. Besides this power plant reactor type do not give out any fissle material for a bomb.
The first step is to construct Nuclear Centrifuges like Iran is doing , for enriched Uranium

Then you have to walk out of NPT, ie declare intent

Then assembling and testing a bomb is another thing altogether

If Bangladesh starts today it will take atleast 5 to 7 years

Before that US will intervene

Will Pakistan give its ready to fire Nukes
No country with intention to make nuclear bombs announce it ie “declare intent”

Bangladesh cannot make a bomb even in 15 years time. There’s hardly any manpower, experience and facilities for such a program.

Pakistan will not be allowed to deploy nukes in bd but that doesn’t stop it from bringing Bangladesh under its nuclear umbrella. Which is what the professor is rooting for.
Nah, bro. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I don't think it's realistic.
Let’s see time will tell but this nuclear treaty proposal will take a lot of time and the right people to accomplish.
Even a whiff of nuclear bomb development in BD will mean sanctions so strong you can forget all your exports. You will get no help from any major power. None of China, Russia or the west see any value in a nuclear armed Bangladesh.
Watch the video, that’s not even the goal.

I totally agree with Dr. Shahiduzzaman. India is the main enemy of both Pakistan and Bangladesh. A Strategic relationship between the two countries would be very beneficial for both.

Not sure about the sentiment in Pakistan but here in Bangladesh even after 16 years of pure propaganda against Pak by the Sheikh Hasina regime, I would say 90%+ people view Pakistan as a brotherly nation.
A joint pact is possible, Pakistan and Bangladesh should make up, their is literally no reason to be enemies or even hostile

We wish Bangladesh the best, Bangladesh already has a large standing army, it just needs a effective plan to deter a common enemy

Drones, ATGMs, missiles, subs

All these are costly but when you have the likes of Myanmar or India near you, complacency will bring you death

The time to prepare is now

The people here are missing the guy's point, Bangladesh does not need to develop its own nuclear weapons, for Bangladesh to have nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

There is something called Nuclear Weapons Sharing.

NATO currently has 5 Nuclear States(TURKEY, ITALY, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS, AND BELGIUM) that did not build their own Nuclear weapons, but have Nuclear weapons in their countries placed and even have their air forces trained for dropping nuclear weapons as part of joint operations with the United States.

Similarly Belarus is in the process of acquiring Nuclear Weapons and having their air force pilots trained to deploy them, if need be.

Saudi Arabia has been alleged to have a similar clandestine agreement for warheads with Pakistan.

This is the sort of arrangement the man is referring to, either that or Pakistan strategic forces with Nuclear weapons being deployed to Bangladesh.

Not actually making your own reactors and plutonium and building the bombs etc etc.

A joint pact is possible, Pakistan and Bangladesh should make up, their is literally no reason to be enemies or even hostile

We wish Bangladesh the best, Bangladesh already has a large standing army, it just needs a effective plan to deter a common enemy

Drones, ATGMs, missiles, subs

All these are costly but when you have the likes of Myanmar or India near you, complacency will bring you death

The time to prepare is now

Bangladesh is Very close to Default ,it needs huge IMF Assitance

An Arms build up requires massive funds

Taking your advice And going for Any Mismanagement would make it Bankrupt like Pakistan

I would say 90%+ people view Pakistan as a brotherly nation.
Same here in Pakistan, on 14th August, independence day, I saw many stalls selling BD flag besides the Pakistani flag. Not to mention the revolution in BD, everyone was all praise for BD, my Father used the term," Ghairat-mand awaam" for the BD people.

Maybe or in BD submarines.

I would like to hear what Pakistani members here think.
There are already many countries with Nuclear weapons sharing or mutual defence pacts. What's stopping us? Matter of political will from both sides, and we all know the threat of Hindutva isn't dying out anytime soon.

The people here are missing the guy's point, Bangladesh does not need to develop its own nuclear weapons, for Bangladesh to have nuclear weapons as a deterrent.

There is something called Nuclear Weapons Sharing.

NATO currently has 5 Nuclear States(TURKEY, ITALY, GERMANY, NETHERLANDS, AND BELGIUM) that did not build their own Nuclear weapons, but have Nuclear weapons in their countries placed and even have their air forces trained for dropping nuclear weapons as part of joint operations with the United States.

Similarly Belarus is in the process of acquiring Nuclear Weapons and having their air force pilots trained to deploy them, if need be.

Saudi Arabia has been alleged to have a similar clandestine agreement for warheads with Pakistan.

This is the sort of arrangement the man is referring to, either that or Pakistan strategic forces with Nuclear weapons being deployed to Bangladesh.

Not actually making your own reactors and plutonium and building the bombs etc etc.

This is fine , but Having Nuclear weapons won't give any Right to Bangladesh to Send Terrorists
Into India

Because Any Conflict with India will happen only after Terror attacks in India or a Border conflict between BGB and BSF

I think people are getting too carried away

If anything this can only happen with Chinese support, though Pakistan will surely want to be involved

Is this statement sending and signalling something else to India?

India is not doing well in it's backyard, effectively an observer with reduced presence, not increasing

Bangladesh is Very close to Default ,it needs huge IMF Assitance

An Arms build up requires massive funds

Taking your advice And going for Any Mismanagement would make it Bankrupt like Pakistan

Economy rises and falls that's natural, Bangladesh is going through a necessary political upheaval process to correct it's political system to get proper representation within their country

Whatever economic cost is unfortunate but worth it if they can improve their governance and have a government that properly represents their country and people

Regardless of any of this, the STATE still needs to be functioning at full level, planning for multiple things and DEFENCE is one of the most important

So even if finance is a issue now, it may not be in the future,
Plans need to be put in place, talks held, ideas formulated on how best to defend Bangladesh against common enemies

Whether it be Myanmar or the hindutva indians, they are a VOCAL threat
They don't even stop attacking Indian Muslims, so why should Bangladesh or anyone else in the region trust them

Just because Bangladesh may not be able to place a order for jets or whatever tomorrow, doesn't mean they can't plan for their defence, make alliances and identify the threats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back