Egypt Orders J-10C To Replace Ageing F-16s

I can only say it again ... in fact we know NOTHING! All we know is, they "signed an agreement pursuing collaboration in advanced fighter development".

As such I beg again to be careful and to think at first: From all I know - and as such it would be most interesting to know what's the true wording of this statement - what is meant with "collaboration in advanced fighter development"? Maybe just some studies, local production of certain items, concepts to cooperate for future systems or indeed as IMO made-up "local production and ToT"?

And again so in fact we know only they "signed an agreement pursuing collaboration in advanced fighter development", but the media reports this already as a given fact as if Egypt is in negotiations for at least 12 J-20, those J-10CEs will be manufactured locally in Egypt with full ToT and also the same is for the upcoming J-31 production, which is IMO totally made up by the typical suspects and their accompanying fan-boy cheerleaders in the social media!

The biggest problem therefore is, neither MilitaryWatchMagazine nor the DefenceBlog and especially not BulgarianMilitary which are eagerly spreding thsi nonsense as facts are credible and trustworthy sites ... at best they post almost everything with the touch of being "confirmed", typical click-bait sites!

And so for this there is one original source (A) in arabic of at best a vague content, which is quoted by source (B), re-reported by source (C) in a made-up form, quoted by (D) as "we heard from reliable sources" and so on ... finally to be repeated again by source (A) claiming we already knew it!!

@Quwa

No AMRAAM, no Meteor for F-16 and Rafale respectively.

At least it gets the F-16 for free but no idea why Egypt paid so much for the gimped Rafale that would get taken down by a Zionist F-16 with AIM-120C.

No restrictions on J10C usage for any mission.

Egypt is tightly controlled by the Zio-US and their Gulfie puppets that keep its economy afloat.

J-10CE with PL-15 could take down any Zionist fighter apart from F-35.

It will be a firm "not allowed" from the Zio-US.

Not a chance.

I do not trust this American Pet. With these planes.

Egypt is tightly controlled by the Zio-US and their Gulfie puppets that keep its economy afloat.

J-10CE with PL-15 could take down any Zionist fighter apart from F-35.

It will be a firm "not allowed" from the Zio-US.

I agree. Though I think Egypt should still start an official purchase agreement with China before Americans complains.

Even if the deal does not follow through Egypt can use it as leverage to negotiate with US. If Sisi has balls he should say "If you don't give us what we want we'll go to the Chinese, financially and militarily". This will light a fire under americans ass

AT 1/4 the price of Euro Typhoon or Rafael and able to challenge them equally it will be the best buys for those not alligned to US camps.

Imagine 1 to 1, it can match and beat the Euro Typhoon what about 4? for the same price.

This and the coming J31 stealth plane working as a pair would be a good challenge to western F35 planes or Israeli IAF and other 4.5 gen planes.

I agree. Though I think Egypt should still start an official purchase agreement with China before Americans complains.

Even if the deal does not follow through Egypt can use it as leverage to negotiate with US. If Sisi has balls he should say "If you don't give us what we want we'll go to the Chinese, financially and militarily". This will light a fire under americans ass

For that to happen Egypt needs money.

It gets 2 billion US dollars of cash from the US yearly, also borrowed 10s of billions from the US's Gulfie puppets, sorry "allies", and relies on loans from IMF where US has veto.

AT 1/4 the price of Euro Typhoon or Rafael and able to challenge them equally it will be the best buys for those not alligned to US camps.

Imagine 1 to 1, it can match and beat the Euro Typhoon what about 4? for the same price.

This and the coming J31 stealth plane working as a pair would be a good challenge to western F35 planes or Israeli IAF and other 4.5 gen planes.

I don't think it is a quarter of the price but more likely around 2/3rd, which is still incredible value as China would give latest weapons and also no restrictions on use.

J-31 would be incredible and have an aerodynamic advantage over F-35 due to its twin engine design.

For that to happen Egypt needs money.

It gets 2 billion US dollars of cash from the US yearly, also borrowed 10s of billions from the US's Gulfie puppets, sorry "allies", and relies on loans from IMF where US has veto.

True, but that is nothing Egypt can't get through BRICS and OBOR. I'm not saying China will offer such and such to Egypt, but if Sisi is smart he'd know just dropping hints of such possibilities will drive Americans crazy. If US wants to block the deal they'll have to pay a price

No AMRAAM, no Meteor for F-16 and Rafale respectively.

At least it gets the F-16 for free but no idea why Egypt paid so much for the gimped Rafale that would get taken down by a Zionist F-16 with AIM-120C.

Makes no sense whatsoever, pride alone should force you to tell the French to fcuk off

Makes no sense whatsoever, pride alone should force you to tell the French to fcuk off

They are doubling down.

"Egypt Airshow: Egypt eager for next batch of Rafales​

The next batch of Dassault Rafales will start being delivered in 2026, which will bring with them several niche capabilities.

The F3R comes equipped with the RBE2 AESA radar and capable of using the MBDA Meteor long range air to air missile, but the extremely capable weapon will not be sold to Egypt because of US and Israeli fears it would ‘breach Israel’s Qualitative Edge’.

They are doubling down.

The next batch of Dassault Rafales will start being delivered in 2026, which will bring with them several niche capabilities.

The F3R comes equipped with the RBE2 AESA radar and capable of using the MBDA Meteor long range air to air missile, but the extremely capable weapon will not be sold to Egypt because of US and Israeli fears it would ‘breach Israel’s Qualitative Edge’.

I am not surprised.

This discussion is getting nowhere..
Any official source came out till now ? Because aircraft deal signing is no small deal in geopolitics. Trying to hide it also sends wrong signal to the other parties.

If the deal is true and occurs what will happen with their huge fleet of f-16 and how much liberty they have for selling those to third parties,?

They are doubling down.

What's the point of a AESA radar?

So you can see the missiles coming to hit your plane from longer off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back