• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

π„π¬πœπšπ₯𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠 π“πžπ«π«π¨π«π’π¬π¦ 𝐀π₯ 𝐐𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐚, πˆπ’πŠπ & 𝐓𝐓𝐏: π€πŸπ π‘πšπ§'𝐬 𝐑𝐨π₯𝐞 𝐒𝐧 π‘πžπ π’π¨π§πšπ₯ πˆπ§π¬π­πšπ›π’π₯𝐒𝐭𝐲

Asfandyar Bhittani

Think Tank Analyst
Jan 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I’m the ladaghar that’s calling it one. Do you think it’s the only one? Afghanistan is also one and so is India.

One doesn’t negate the other.

For the sake of this thread, I’ll keep the focus on Pakistan.

Take a look at the provinces and tell me if it’s a homogenous group or not?

it has so many ethnic fault lines; hence so many problems. I’m looking at things very rationally. South Asia should’ve been 50 separate countries instead of what the British deliberately left behind.
By your unilateral standard, almost every country is an artificial failed state because it has fault lines, from china to US. So of course you would try to keep it to Pakistan.

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
By your unilateral standard, almost every country is an artificial failed state because it has fault lines, from china to US. So of course you would try to keep it to Pakistan.

News flash, I’m Pakistani, not Indian or afghan.

China is 90% Han Chinese, and the US has one dominated culture and and strong federal and state government.
Again, I don’t care about the other countries. I’m only concern with Pakistan because I have strong roots there.

Don’t need to become overly emotionally like a brain dead hindutva and start ranting.

The country is a failure. This is coming from someone who was going to leave everything behind to join the Army and defended it against the Indians and others.

Asfandyar Bhittani

Think Tank Analyst
Jan 2, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

China is 90% Han Chinese, and the US has one dominated culture and and strong federal and state government.
Again, I don’t care about the other countries. I’m only concern with Pakistan because I have strong roots there.

Don’t need to become overly emotionally like a brain dead hindutva and start ranting.

The country is a failure. This is coming from someone who was going to leave everything behind to join the Army and defended it against the Indians and others.
Newsflash, your are wrong first, Pakistan indian afghan second.

China is literally still fighting a civil war with the same Han Chinese in Taiwan and let's not forget Han Chinese Hong Kong and the Democratic fault lines there. China's fault lines are ethnic in the west and south and democratic in the East, just like Pakistan. Strong central govt forcing itself is another key reason behind these fault lines. So, a failed state according to you.

Again, it's irrelevant whether you are Jinnah reborn, your self invented definitions don't hold up to scrutiny and are nothing more than an emotional rant.

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bro, I’ll write up my experience of Pakistan one day here but I’m wary to provide insights that the enemies can use against Pakistan, because I observed a lot that can be used by outsiders (it most likely is) to further destabilize the country. And yes it is a failed, artificial state.
Failed is a relative term, it's definitely doing bad and is quite dysfunctional but it is nowhere close to Somalia which you mentioned

For Pakistanis who had high aspirations, yep it's failed, it didn't do adequate nation building, people always arguing about ethnicity and poor economy.

But to true failed destroyed states it is not going to be considered failed

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I understand what you mean tbh, but you are blowing it out of proportion in my opinion.

Yes it has a lot of faultines, etc, but it also is quite strong to be able to fix these by brute force if necessary, it's just a lack of foresight and willpower from the establishment.

Like it has dysfunctional elements that need addressing, but it's nowhere near out of the count it has time to fix up.

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
These regional networks are interconnected and used by foreign forces, this is very much related to Pakistan, in my opinion.
Got it. I know there’s a deep rift between the Takfiris (TTP/ISKP) and Shia fighters. The Shia fighters have been operating in Syria since 2012ish and no far I haven’t read or seen where they have openly attack the state of Pakistan.

If there is a nexus between the two, well Pakistan job has now become that much harder to deal with this. Iran β€œcan” influence events in Pakistan (so far they haven’t). I know the Lindus next door have been trying to play the Sunni Shia card division for decades now.

Another gem from the worthless political/Military rulers.

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Got it. I know there’s a deep rift between the Takfiris (TTP/ISKP) and Shia fighters. The Shia fighters have been operating in Syria since 2012ish and no far I haven’t read or seen where they have openly attack the state of Pakistan.

If there is a nexus between the two, well Pakistan job has now become that much harder to deal with this. Iran β€œcan” influence events in Pakistan (so far they haven’t). I know the Lindus next door have been trying to play the Sunni Shia card division for decades now.

Shias in KP are a minority so their efforts are less directed towards attacking security forces (actually a stupid thing to do because they are countering groups like ISKP who want to kill them) and more towards protecting their own areas.

This is why Shia Pashtuns are generally more pro-Pakistan

EugeneP

May 7, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
How long have you been in U.S.?

Magadh

Jul 4, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

India has a reason to support Shias because most pro-India activists in Kashmir are Shias. Shiyas are pro India because they are aware of the potential consequences for them if Kashmir becomes an independent country. The Muslim votes that the BJP receives in elections are primarily Shia, not Sunni. the Shia-Sunni hatred is far more intense than the Hindu-Muslim divide, but it often gets overlooked because Shias' are minority.

AJKashmir1

Dec 10, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
India has a reason to support Shias because most pro-India activists in Kashmir are Shias. Shiyas are pro India because they are aware of the potential consequences for them if Kashmir becomes an independent country. The Muslim votes that the BJP receives in elections are primarily Shia, not Sunni. the Shia-Sunni hatred is far more intense than the Hindu-Muslim divide, but it often gets overlooked because Shias' are minority.
That's because hardliner Sunni-Shias don't even consider each other Muslim, it's like the typical kaffir vs Muslim thing but more intense cause one claims to be true Islam.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Shias in KP are a minority so their efforts are less directed towards attacking security forces (actually a stupid thing to do because they are countering groups like ISKP who want to kill them) and more towards protecting their own areas.

This is why Shia Pashtuns are generally more pro-Pakistan
No Pakistani should fight for any foreign outfit. We are not mercenaries. And all this ethnic/ sectarian/ communal third world nonsense should be stamped out from our society. Totally unacceptable.

Thank god Mian sahb had the presence of mind to stop us from going over the cliff in Yemen. He actually saved us from disaster and humiliation.

Users who are viewing this thread