Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

There can't be just one good resource about the US foreign policy, about US domestic politics, about the Israeli politics, about the US media, about the corrupt Beltway politics, about the Military Industrial Complex, about the strife in the Middle East, and about this particular Gaza war. But if you watch Mearsheimer, Jefferey Sachs, Max Blumenthal, Scott Horton, Glenn Greenwald, Larry C. Johnson, and Ray McGovern then you are likely to get as complete picture about all those items as possible.

Here is Max from a video yesterday. He is a delight to watch--accurate and concise, and even if the hosts sometime try to make him say something to please the host or the audience, he sidesteps those questions if he doesn't agree--mark of an honorable man!

Also important to mention is the power of the pro-Israel lobby in the West, particularly the US. It uses a carrot and stick approach that has been incredibly effective for decades. Walt and Mearsheimer's book 'The Israel lobby and US Foreign Policy' shows its workings in gruesome detail.

I heard a credible analyst saying that a lot of IDF injured in Gaza would have died but are only alive because of enhanced life sustaining measures on the battlefield; they are either going to eventually die in hospitals or severely crippled, one way or another. Calling them 'alive' won't matter in those cases.
One number I saw said 500 severely injured.
Reports are coming out that the casualties have been underestimated. Severely injured will live as best they can for as long as they can with the injuries they have sustained, and this episode will cause deep psychological scars in both societies, but it seems Palestinian society is more unified to support each other. They have Sabr, they know Allah will forgive any and all their sins, because at this rate there are enough martyrs, which will intercede for them on Youm Al Qayama, to have their sins forgiven alone, Inshallah.
(From a military point of view; as long as the insurgents (fighters or population) endures, they win, because they have time on their hands, the weight of the occupation (especially as it gets worse) will become too costly to sustain for Israel’s backers forever, such as the US, especially as US demographics change as well and ask more questions.)

Wounded IDF reservists that were once high functioning professionals may represent a significant loss in their fields across the Israeli and some western economies. I went to school with a former Sayeret Matkal guy (talk about his infiltration into Gaza by sea, avoiding sharks, and kidnapping a really fat Hamas guy, some 15 years ago, in a wheelbarrow), and he was probably living a life as a professional in New York, but if he was called up and killed or severely injured, that could be a significant loss for his company. The longer this war drags on, and the IDF keeps taking casualties, the more impact it will have on their society’s long term capacity, build on human capital development.

Especially considering the extremely religious Israelis aren’t as smart as the more liberal ones, are are dominating Israeli demographics with each passing day, the religious and/or more Soviet origin ones are more emotional, and that society won’t be able to recover from a loss of the smarter more Western European origin ones, compared to the loss of brainwashed basic conscripts.

Don’t know how to phrase those last few sentences but there is this strange dichotomy that comes through, especially between Soviet and Western European origin Israelis I’ve met in New York, not all the time, but in general. Basically they are more dogmatic NPCs.

Btw, Macklemore speaks how many Americans feel. No harm to any community just a desire for humanity and equality for all people.

Last edited:
Resistance operations in Gaza on 22 December against Israeli forces

Qassam Brigades:

• (Partially) destroyed 1 Merkava tank, 1 APC, and 1 military D9-bulldozer in various combat zones.
  • Targeted an IOF infantry force with an anti-personnel explosive device, followed by engaging with the remaining members, resulting in casualties, east of Khan Yunis.
  • Targeted an IOF infantry force of 5 soldiers, inside a building with "Yassin 105" rockets.

Al-Quds Brigades:

• Shelled an IOF command center in the Zana’a area, east of Khan Yunis, with a rocket barrage.
  • Shelled military gatherings east of Al-Qarm roundabout in northern Gaza with a barrage of 60mm mortars.
  • Shot down a Zionist drone in the skies over central Gaza.
  • Shelled military positions & soldier crowds in Abu Holi checkpoint, and the vicinity of farms in the southern axis with mortars.
  • Shelled military gatherings near the Abu Hureira Mosque and Abu Nawareh land in the Zana’a area, east of Khan Yunis, with a rocket barrage and mortars.
  • (Partially) destroyed 2 Merkava tanks in various combat zones.
  • Shelled military formations and military vehicles with a barrage of mortars, south of Deir al-Balah.
  • Carried our an intensive artillery attack on IOF gathering points where soldiers were stationed, in the Abu Holi axis, with dozens of heavy-caliber mortars.
  • In a joint operation with Al-Qassam Brigades, they inflicted casualties on 4 IOF soldiers, including deaths and injuries, after storming their building, in the eastern axis of Jabalia.
Mujahideen Brigades:
  • Targeted military vehicles, and clashed with IOF soldiers penetrating the axis of Sheikh Radwan neighborhood, using appropriate weapons. Achieving confirmed casualties.
  • Shelled the Faraheen site, east of Khan Younis, with heavy-caliber mortars (with video).
Martyr Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades:
  • Clashed with IOF forces penetrating the Sheikh Radwan axis & targeted military vehicles with RPGs.
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades:
  • Targeted a Merkava tank with a tandem rocket, in the Al-Mahatta area of Khan Younis.
  • Shelled military gatherings, on the axis of Khan Younis, with heavy-caliber mortars.

Wounded IDF reservists that were once high functioning professionals may represent a significant loss in their fields across the Israeli and some western economies. I went to school with a former Sayeret Matkal guy (talk about his infiltration into Gaza by sea, avoiding sharks, and kidnapping a really fat Hamas guy, some 15 years ago, in a wheelbarrow), and he was probably living a life as a professional in New York, but if he was called up and killed or severely injured, that could be a significant loss for his company. The longer this war drags on, and the IDF keeps taking casualties, the more impact it will have on their society’s long term capacity, build on human capital development.
Israel is a tiny, tightly connected nation in both population and landmass. So you are right, the crippled injured are perceived more than, say, in a large country. Max Blumenthal talks about how large the funerals are.
Especially considering the extremely religious Israelis aren’t as smart as the more liberal ones, are are dominating Israeli demographics with each passing day, the religious and/or more Soviet origin ones are more emotional, and that society won’t be able to recover from a loss of the smarter more Western European origin ones, compared to the loss of brainwashed basic conscripts.
Good points.
I was vaguely aware of the heirarchy in Israel, which went something like from the white Ashkanazi Jews to local / brown Jews to African Jews to Israeli Arab. But after watching the Max Blumenthal video I posted above, it seems like the 'cream' of the Israeli society--the Ashkanani ones-- being killed will have a disproportionate impact on the Israeli society: They are smart. Very smart! And generally more 'liberal' when compared with the eastern European Jews--who are basically the Taliban with tuxedoes as far as religiosity is a factor, except the Taliban are a highly moral people. Won't do injustice to anyone.

I think the introduction of the fanatics from eastern Europe into Israel around the time of the Oslo Accord, requiring the Settlements to greatly expand, and the fall of the Soviet Union, giving the NeoCons in America the total freedom are all interconnected phenomena, leading to what we are seeing now.

Israel is a tiny, tightly connected nation in both population and landmass. So you are right, the crippled injured are perceived more than, say, in a large country. Max Blumenthal talks about how large the funerals are.

Good points.
I was vaguely aware of the heirarchy in Israel, which went something like from the white Ashkanazi Jews to local / brown Jews to African Jews to Israeli Arab. But after watching the Max Blumenthal video I posted above, it seems like the 'cream' of the Israeli society--the Ashkanani ones-- being killed will have a disproportionate impact on the Israeli society: They are smart. Very smart! And generally more 'liberal' when compared with the eastern European Jews--who are basically the Taliban with tuxedoes as far as religiosity is a factor, except the Taliban are a highly moral people. Won't do injustice to anyone.

I think the introduction of the fanatics from eastern Europe into Israel around the time of the Oslo Accord, requiring the Settlements to greatly expand, and the fall of the Soviet Union, giving the NeoCons in America the total freedom are all interconnected phenomena, leading to what we are seeing now.
Demographics are trumping human capital investment.

A lot of people I’ve met from Soviet countries, have this dogmatic way of doing things. The Soviets really hammered home a Soviet culture into their populations, of all ethnic backgrounds. They fall back on nationalism over individual achievement and self improvement.

I have to check out the Max Blumenthal video.

Doctors accuse Israeli troops of desecrating bodies and shooting civilians at hospital Israel says was Hamas ‘command center’

Jerusalem
CNN

Israeli soldiers raiding a hospital in northern Gaza desecrated the bodies of dead patients with bulldozers, let a military dog maul a man in a wheelchair, and shot multiple doctors even after vetting them for terror links, according to allegations by staff and patients.

The claims relate to an eight-day operation by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) at the Kamal Adwan Hospital last week, which the military alleges was being used as a command and control center by Hamas.

CNN spoke to two senior medical staff, another doctor and a patient at the hospital, who provided corroborating testimonies of what happened. CNN also reviewed video evidence for some of the claims.

They paint a disturbing picture of how the IDF carried out the operation, as doctors were interrogated for their connections to Hamas and staff struggled to treat patients trapped inside.

Among the most serious allegations relating to the IDF’s operations at Kamal Adwan is that, as troops were leaving the hospital complex, they used bulldozers to dig up bodies that had recently been buried in makeshift graveyards in the hospital’s courtyard.

“The soldiers dug up the graves this morning and dragged the bodies with bulldozers, then crushed the bodies with the bulldozers,” said the hospital’s head of pediatric services, Hossam Abu Safiya, in a phone interview on Saturday. “I have never seen such a thing before.”

Videos and images he shared with CNN show decomposing human remains scattered across the hospital grounds.

Glad to see that almost everyone from the old PDF is here and this thread is continuing as before. I happen to be traveling in Turkey and will be doing Umrah, inshallah, in the land of Ibn Saud. Will be praying for Palestine and all Muslims.

Turkey is amazing. Definitely the leader of the Muslim world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back