Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Hezbollah is being held to its standard in context of its role within the resistance axis. It's not just me saying this. Follow Yemeni and Palestinian analysts saying the same thing. To be clear, they do not suggest Hezbollah should commit to a full blown escalation. But rather to widen scope of their operations.
please share some of these Yemeni analysts

I assume they opposed the Saudi war against the Houthis too

It's a dire situation in Gaza and the region, unlike anything we've seen before. What Israel did in Gaza has never been done anywhere else before. With Israel threatening genocide on day one, committing genocide, and getting political and military backing from two superpowers (EU and US), to do what they did on tiny Gaza.
you know I fully agree with this

For Jordanians their pride is their king. For Moroccans its their claim to Western Sahara. Etc.... you get the point. Palestinians in Gaza, many supported Ansarallah prior to the current conflict. And many commend them for their role in the current conflict. They do deserve credit. As it's not just a matter of having capabilities but also the political and social will that's required.
Ansarallah was supported by Palestinians before this? I am sure you remember how you described them then ... nonetheless, Ansarallah support Palestinians in Gaza because it is the right thing to do regardless of what Palestinians have said about them in the past (blindly supporting Saudi propaganda against them as Persian proxies). Ansarallah have made large sacrifices but they are also 2000km away and in a position to make those sacrifices. both things can be true

this is a dangerous lie

100,000 Lebanese civilians have been displaced from South Lebanon
They left from fear a war would break out. Just like Israeli's in the north. They didn't need to. None were subjected to anywhere near close of bombing Gaza was subjected to. Especially northern Gaza.
hundreds of civilians have been killed
Lebanese interior ministry says 90 civilians have been killed. Hezbollah has announced 350 or so fighters killed. Over the 10 months period. You still seem to be overlooking the point I was making.

They left from fear a war would break out. Just like Israeli's in the north. They didn't need to. None were subjected to anywhere near close of bombing Gaza was subjected to. Especially northern Gaza.

it's not a competition between north gaza and south Lebanon. they both suffered massively from indiscriminate Israeli bombings designed to make them unliveable.

Lebanese interior ministry says 90 civilians have been killed. Hezbollah has announced 350 or so fighters killed. Over the 10 months period. You still seem to be overlooking the point I was making.
more than 100 civilians killed according to al Jazeera

Good luck Ansarallah and Yemen. Ansarallah played a big role in this conflict. Likely the biggest role in the resistance axis.

Ansarallah is a wholly different beast.
Kinda comparable with Taliban but with far better equipped concerning drones and missiles and more disciplined. From my POV its a Taliban like warrior military organization on steroids.

Kinda comparable with Taliban but with far better equipped concerning drones and missiles and more disciplined. From my POV its a Taliban like warrior military organization on steroids.

Tribal people never bow down to anyone.

you know I fully agree with this

Ansarallah was supported by Palestinians before this? I am sure you remember how you described them then ... nonetheless,
Why are you worried about what I thought ? It doesn't make a difference. What are you trying to suggest ? That we align on our views ? We do not.

Me supporting Ansarallah actions does not mean I hate Saudi Arabia and want it to be destroyed. I don't hate Muslims or Arabs. You have beef with Saudi Arabia, as a Iranian, as part of the struggle since the last four decades. What it has to do with us ? We're not competing for control over the region we're struggling for independence.
Ansarallah support Palestinians in Gaza because it is the right thing to do
And that's independent of you. The group showed they care about Gaza and have good relations with Hamas.
regardless of what Palestinians have said about them in the past (blindly supporting Saudi propaganda against them as Persian proxies).
Which ones ? Don't tell me PA. Show me actual Palestinian social media figures/analysts/etc.... that said anything like that.
Ansarallah have made large sacrifices but they are also 2000km away and in a position to make those sacrifices. both things can be true
That's true but that doesn't exonerate Hezbollah from mixing things up. That is my view so we will have to agree to disagree. You have to understand from our view this is a existential war. I also understand this was a unwanted war for many. But it's a reality now.

It's a mountainous region too. Correct me if I'm wrong. Historically Yemen has been labelled the Vietnam of the Middle East. I'll have to do more research but I do remember reading about a Egyptian intervention/invasion of Yemen that went very bad.

Why are you worried about what I thought ? It doesn't make a difference. What are you trying to suggest ? That we align on our views ? We do not.

Me supporting Ansarallah actions does not mean I hate Saudi Arabia and want it to be destroyed. I don't hate Muslims or Arabs. You have beef with Saudi Arabia, as a Iranian, as part of the struggle since the last four decades. What it has to do with us ? We're not competing for control over the region we're struggling for independence.
you previously called Ansarallah the worst insults imaginable, now you praise them. it's confusing and I seek clarity. Ansarallah resisting a Saudi invasion of Yemen does not mean they want Saudi Arabia to be destroyed.

And that's independent of you. The group showed they care about Gaza and have good relations with Hamas.
No, it isn't independent of Iran at all. When the entire Arab world teamed up to launch an invasion of Yemen to destroy Ansarallah, only Iran stood with Ansarallah and supplied them with weapons, assistance, and funds. And this support continues to this day, with IRGC advisors and fighters inside Yemen assisting with these launches today.

Which ones ? Don't tell me PA. Show me actual Palestinian social media figures/analysts/etc.... that said anything like that.
You, for starters. I just presume your view reflected the majority view of the Palestinians about Ansarallah (Iranian proxy establishing Persian state in Yemen), but maybe that's not correct.

you previously called Ansarallah the worst insults imaginable, now you praise them.
Please show me where. But I can say you previously called Hamas the worst insults imaginable.
it's confusing and I seek clarity. Ansarallah resisting a Saudi invasion of Yemen does not mean they want Saudi Arabia to be destroyed.
I'm talking about people like you, that say you can't give credit to one party if you don't also oppose and seek to punish Saudi Arabia.
No, it isn't independent of Iran at all. When the entire Arab world teamed up to launch an invasion of Yemen to destroy Ansarallah, only Iran stood with Ansarallah and supplied them with weapons, assistance, and funds. And this support continues to this day, with IRGC advisors and fighters inside Yemen assisting with these launches today.
Their political decision is independent of you. What they did at the Red Sea/Gulf of Aden was more extensive than even their allies were expecting. Ansarallah is independent in that sense. Just like Hezbollah is. One is choosing to take bigger risks than the others. It comes down to willpower.
You, for starters. I just presume your view reflected the majority view of the Palestinians about Ansarallah (Iranian proxy establishing Persian state in Yemen), but maybe that's not correct.
Again please show me where I said that. ive been disengaged from both Syria and Yemeni conflicts for years. And left the forums for good until this conflict in Gaza erupted.

Please show me where. But I can say you previously called Hamas the worst insults imaginable.
you seriously want me to post those again? you are denying it?

yes I did insult Hamas in response. my position on them has since slightly changed. see, it's not that hard to be honest.

I'm talking about people like you, that say you can't give credit to one party if you don't also oppose and seek to punish Saudi Arabia.
nobody talked about "punishing" or "destroying" Saudi Arabia, I don't know why you are so eager to constantly defend them

Their political decision is independent of you. What they did at the Red Sea/Gulf of Aden was more extensive than even their allies were expecting. Ansarallah is independent in that sense. Just like Hezbollah is. One is choosing to take bigger risks than the others. It comes down to willpower.
Each member of the Axis of Resistance has autonomy and that is particularly true for Ansarallah. Sure. But you are downplaying Hezbollah's contributions and sacrifices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back