Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Russia is majorly bled due to the American support to Ukraine. In light of that, not using whatever leverage they can have to pressurize the Americans sounds stupid to me. But then I never thought the Russians were good strategic thinkers--they have immense resources and they throw in soldiers into meat grinders and often prevailed. Heck, the Americans were in their backyard for 20 years in Afghanistan until recently and Russia did diddly squat while the Americans were already bleeding Russia after the 2014 coup in Ukraine.

Well, I am not sure I can conclude the same

Twenty years ago Russia was on its knees right

During those twenty years Russia has recovered and NATO has fortified around it, Ukraine especially

Russia is regarding this war as defensive, though they are invading

So their strategic goal here is to neutralise Ukraine, that's plenty

Russia has always shown deference to Israel in Syria, there must be a reason why

you cannot expect them to fortify Iran, I don't know what other strategy they are capable of?

Let's say Russia supports action against Israel, NATO could green light polish involvement, I am just wildly guessing, things would get uncontrollable

I still find it curious that the USA runs off from Afghanistan in a hurry, then all these events happen, perfect synchronization

Russia has always shown deference to Israel in Syria, there must be a reason why
you cannot expect them to fortify Iran, I don't know what other strategy they are capable of?
Let's say Russia supports action against Israel, NATO could green light polish involvement, I am just wildly guessing, things would get uncontrollable
I still find it curious that the USA runs off from Afghanistan in a hurry, then all these events happen, perfect synchronization

Firstly, Russia could have seriously hurt the Americans in Afghanistan between 2001-2021; it was in their own backyard and even middling powers like Pakistan and Iran helped the Taliban. Russia had greatly recovered from the 1991 crises by then.

Who knows about Russian policies WRT Israel. I tend to think Russia still desperately wants to be part of the West and that earning goes back to Peter the Great or even earlier. I also think the Russians are lethargic and suffer from paralytic geopolitics.
As for Poland directly getting involved--no need for that and too dangerous.

Bolded part: One day history is going to find a connection between the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021 and the Russian invasion of Ukraine in Feb. 2022--that's just 6 months apart!! Americans outfoxed Russians and denied Russians the opportunity to hurt Americans in Afghanistan for 20 years while the Americans gravely hurt the Soviets between 1979-89 in Afghanistan. And since Feb. 2022, Americans are back to gravely hurting Russia again, using the Ukrainian cannon fodders.

Who shows such strategic missteps on such large scale? Russians. And they seem to be doing it again in the Middle East. I will leave at this: Russians are not and never been great strategic thinkers.

4 IDF terrorists liquidated, 7 more injured in Gaza yesterday

On Friday morning, several IDF terrorists were hit by an explosive device planted on the outside of a building they were searching, in Gaza City's Zeitoun neighborhood. In all, three IDF terrorists were killed, four were seriously wounded, and another three were moderately hurt in the incident.

The IDF also announces that another IDF terrorist was killed in a separate clash with Palestinian resistance fighters in a nearby area on Friday.

The IDF terrorist killed during the separate clash with resistance fighters operatives in the Netzarim Corridor area is named as Sgt. Maj. (res.) Yaniv Itzhak Oren, 35, of the Jerusalem Brigade's 8119th Battalion, from Ein Gedi.

Firstly, Russia could have seriously hurt the Americans in Afghanistan between 2001-2021; it was in their own backyard and even middling powers like Pakistan and Iran helped the Taliban. Russia had greatly recovered from the 1991 crises by then.

Who knows about Russian policies WRT Israel. I tend to think Russia still desperately wants to be part of the West and that earning goes back to Peter the Great or even earlier. I also think the Russians are lethargic and suffer from paralytic geopolitics.
As for Poland directly getting involved--no need for that and too dangerous.

Bolded part: One day history is going to find a connection between the American withdrawal from Afghanistan in August 2021 and the Russian invasion of Ukraine in Feb. 2022--that's just 6 months apart!! Americans outfoxed Russians and denied Russians the opportunity to hurt Americans in Afghanistan for 20 years while the Americans gravely hurt the Soviets between 1979-89 in Afghanistan. And since Feb. 2022, Americans are back to gravely hurting Russia again, using the Ukrainian cannon fodders.

Who shows such strategic missteps on such large scale? Russians. And they seem to be doing it again in the Middle East. I will leave at this: Russians are not and never been great strategic thinkers.
I agree with you a bit more here, and who am I to talk about grand strategy on a random forum but why would Russia be so hostile to the USA at that time when there was no direct provocation and they were rebuilding

You will also recall that Russia jumped in when Pak closed supply routes, that to me suggests they were more than happy to see the Americans tangled in Afghanistan knowing what they know, maybe that got them more breathing space.

Also it looks like there is a self awareness that they are not that strong, not in terms of net power, the Ukraine invasion seems like a reluctant move but honestly I can't fully tell

Russia did try and suck up to the west, I think the logic is if we can't join them, finish their system with china.

Ultimately I see Russia as a power that will pivot in all sorts of ways to survive and prosper

They are economically militarily very much weaker, how much can they do

They clashed with the soldiers from zero distance and destroyed tanks.

Urgent | Al-Qassam Brigades broadcast new scenes of battles between its mujahideen and the occupation forces in the fighting axes in the Tal al-Sultan neighborhood, west of the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip.

These people, their dusty feet, their sweaty forearms, their missing foreheads, their bleeding wombs, their wounds, are the only ones who paid and are paying the price of any deal that includes their glory and the freedom of their people, and no one has any favor over them, even with one drink of water...
May God’s peace be upon you, you honest Mujahideen

Haniyeh was a political administration, and Sinwar was the military wing.

It has to do with putting pressure on the army to create reverse pressure within the Israeli government in an attempt to reach a truce..
In short, it makes the army put pressure on the political administration to agree to a truce

The only solution to a truce is Israel's defeat, a strategic defeat, not a military one, meaning a complete exhaustion of military efforts to make the army want to stop fighting and return to its homes to replenish blood and equipment and catch its breath, otherwise military collapse.

Israeli soldiers, psychologically and morally, are not qualified for a long-term war of months or years. All of their wars were lightning-fast, even the October War, which took place for no more than a month.

Now the pressure is continuing and the human losses are on the side of soldiers who do not believe in the cause of the children of Israel. Exhausting them is the solution to make their surrender to a truce inevitable.

Major (res.) Daniel Pechenyuk, 26 years old, from Bat Yam, fighter in the 6310th Brigade of the Jerusalem District (16),
Major (res.) Nitai Metodi, 23 years old, from Ashkelon, fighter in Brigade 6310, Jerusalem Brigade (16),
Major General (res.) Yaniv Yitzhak Oren, 35 years old,
Min Gedi, fighter in Battalion 8119, Jerusalem Brigade (16)

1724545273152.jpeg

The announcement was made in a statement by the army

In addition to the four killed, there are 8 wounded soldiers, some of whom are in serious condition, in the same incident in the Zaytoun neighborhood

Yesterday's Olive Ambush killed 3 people, unlike what was announced yesterday, with 4 killed by their own admission

As for today's events, they will be announced tomorrow:

According to the Hebrew media

A serious accident occurred on Saturday in the Gaza Strip, and the families were notified.

They were notified that publication was prohibited.

This concern the targeting of enemy soldiers and vehicles on the fighting fronts in the Tal Al-Sultan neighborhood, west of the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip

Scenes obtained by Al Jazeera show Al-Qassam raiding an Israeli force in a school in Rafah and clashing with it from zero distance.

Political and strategic affairs researcher Saeed Ziad: The Palestinian negotiator and the Gazan community view the negotiations as giving the enemy a long time and that the American administration is responsible for giving the enemy all the time it needs to complete the extermination process.

After recent push by Germany for stopping weapon supply to Israel , I have noticed a big Social media campaign targeting , Germany

The amount of force used by Germany Police (Anti Riot) was over the top stuff , where violent behavior was recorded on camera

It is interesting that the spread of these videos and creation of anti German view happened in close proximity when Germany itself is asking itself , should we stop giving Weapons to Israel for Genocide?

The violence was quite "Over the top" at least for me it changed the view I had about Germany being nation with positive Reputation [However I do suspect also a smear campaign was launched in social media about Germany]

Brands like adidas, BMW , VW are quite popular in Arab world so seeing the "Harsh violence against" unarmed protestors was quite a eye opener
-------------------------------------------------------------

Also England saw far right Racist folks attacking immigrants
Again it was fueled by social media , where many right wing ideologies are being promoted

However in England that riots were followed up with Jail Sentences for violent behavior, people who attacked the hotel.

The Bot based, social media is really being used like a weapon fueling hate

It felt like this was also a example of social media used as we weapon

------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly a huge anti Algeria campaign was launched , targeting specially one Female boxing athlete from Algeria

The Campaign also coincided with fact that Algeria has been a Open supporter for Palestinians

The Campaign against Algeria was tied to their support for Palestine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back