• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Davey Crockett

Dec 17, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
  1. Protection of the Wounded
    "Do not attack a wounded person"-thus said the Prophet. This means that the wounded soldiers who are not fit to fight, nor actually fighting, should not be attacked.

The Rights of the Non-Combatants:​

Islam has first drawn a clear line of distinction between the combatants and the non-combatants of the enemy country. As far as the non-combatant population is concerned such as women, children, the old and the infirm, etc., the instructions of the Prophet are as follows: "Do not kill any old person, any child or any woman" (Abu Dawud). "Do not kill the monks in monasteries" or "Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship" (Musnad of Ibn Hanbal).

During a war, the Prophet saw the corpse of a woman lying on the ground and observed: "She was not fighting. How then she came to be killed?" From this statement of the Prophet the exegetists and jurists have drawn the principle that those who are non-combatants should not be killed during or after the war.

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If you saw the John Elmer video which I posted in my last message above, you would have noticed that Gazans made a 'strategic' decision many years ago to not go for Kornet because of the weight and because Yasin would be more easy to manufacture. Elmer said it would be recorded by 'history', implying a very clever move and as Aziqbal said above, using the unexploded Israeli ordnance, many Yasin could be made.
@Aziqbal
for sustained war it is wise decision but for operational tactical flexibility and lethality they need badly what persiangulf said but anyway those could not be produced by them only delivered and by that point we move into political arena of efforts support which Hamas lack in arab regimes, they are not fools and those effective atgms and manpads could have been used effectively from those rubbles easily concealed and safe from detecting and withdraws of atgm teams.

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hamas is fighting on the ground in close combat

Hezbollah is fighting at range

So they need different weapons

And kornet is actually a pretty sophisticated weapon and beyond the scope of what Hamas needs

I do agree however those IDF helicopter
Cutting injured soldiers should be shot down with manpads that is what definitely Hamas needs
they need cornet and similar systems also badly, it would deprive completely freedom of movement of enemy armor and inflict higher casualties to them as well as put bigger mental pressure to the enemy personal.

Aziqbal

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
they need cornet and similar systems also badly, it would deprive completely freedom of movement of enemy armor and inflict higher casualties to them as well as put bigger mental pressure to the enemy personal.

I agree to a extent but a kornet needs a team of 2-3 you can’t pop up from the sand launch kornet and disappear back into the sand

The time to launch is minutes

Yasin 105 you can pop round the corner launch and get back into the tunnel 1 man can disable a tank

Aziqbal

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
    "Do not attack a wounded person"-thus said the Prophet. This means that the wounded soldiers who are not fit to fight, nor actually fighting, should not be attacked.

Thank you for the kind reminder brother

We can all get carried away at times especially in this war where the enemy is so barbaric satanic evil and sadistic

Davey Crockett

Dec 17, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Thank you for the kind reminder brother

We can all get carried away at times especially in this war where the enemy is so barbaric satanic evil and sadistic
You are welcome.

Personally, I would love to fire up the crematoriums again and roast another six million of those parasites.

Yes, I can get carried away too. LOL!

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I agree to a extent but a kornet needs a team of 2-3 you can’t pop up from the sand launch kornet and disappear back into the sand

Yasin 105 you can pop round the corner launch and get back into the tunnel 1 man can disable a tank
different tactical conditions sure but it adds operational value to the Hamas and greater concern to the enemy, war is conducted with everything you can get your hands on and in those circumstances where enemy rely heavily on armor it would be great asset, probably you saw numerous mortar teams by Hamas similar tactic can be applied to the atgm teams.

Last edited:

Flotilla

Dec 23, 2023

We saw at first days of the war the use of Kornets, probably Delavieh vía Iran. Anyway those probably have been used all in combat.

Aziqbal

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
different tactical conditions sure but it adds operational value to the Hamas and greater concern to the enemy, war is conducted with everything you can get your hands on and in those circumstances were enemy rely heavily on armor it would be great asset, probably you saw numerous mortar teams by Hamas similar tactic can be applied to the atgm teams.

I don’t think any of us disagree here we all agree on what they should have more of

But Gaza is closed area they need to be able to resupply themselves Yasin 105 can be done for kornet how would they even replace the rocket I doubt Hamas could build them at home

I think better option is the Ghul sniper rifle

A single sniper can down a entire platoon

We have seen them in Gaza but I wished Gaza was flooded with snipers and at least we get 1-2 snipes per day

That would add extra 600 casualties to IDF over the course of the war not to mention the operational threat to them

Meengla

Elite Member
Jul 31, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

And that's what John Elmer and others at the Electronic Intifada have been saying but without referring to the religious aspect: The Gazans have generally not targeted the rescue helicopters so far in this conflict. And you can see multiple videos where the injured are being carried away by other Israeli soldiers and/or helicopters.
Even if half of that is truth then, considering the brutality the Gazans have faced, their character is unmatched!

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
And kornet is actually a pretty sophisticated weapon and beyond the scope of what Hamas needs
IDF tanks and APCs park in large clusters in open areas in Gaza away from urban areas because they are out of range of Yasin-105, which has to be fired from within 100m to be effective. A 4-6km range Dehlavieh/Kornet ATGM would mean there is no safe space for Israeli APCs/tanks in Gaza. They would become sitting ducks.

Meengla

Elite Member
Jul 31, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

That's exactly what John Elmer was saying in that video as the reasons for the 'strategic' and 'historic' decisions the Gazans made many years ago. The knew their severe limitations from the previous conflicts and they adapted.
And add in the ability of the Gazans to harvest the unexploded Israeli ordinances into Yasin and other small weapons. We very recently saw how two fighters walked up to a tank and put a couple of small bombs and gravely damaged, if not destroyed that tank.

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Kornet is quite mobile and only requires a team of 2 and 1 minute preparation time. With 4-6km range instead of 100m for Yasin-105, you have that luxury.

Hezbollah operates Kornet and Almas ATGMs in crews of 1-2. They set up the launcher in advance under shrubs/trees then return to it to fire when the order is given.

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We saw at first days of the war the use of Kornets, probably Delavieh vía Iran. Anyway those probably have been used all in combat.
Indeed, I remember well the videos of Kornet/Dehlavieh strikes against Panther APCs from a distance at the start of the war, to great effect. Sadly you are right that we didn't see those launches since then, suggesting Hamas only had very limited inventories of those larger ATGMs.

From October 2023.

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Israeli Army of Laughter says it has seized a Hamas weapons depot in central Gaza

The pictures he presented show: - An RPG-7 missile with a rare “F-7” shell made by North Korea.

- Yugoslav Zastava M70AB2 rifle.

- Chinese-made Model 56-1 rifle.

- M26 grenades

1720001987886.png

1720002011259.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest