HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

We can only discuss J-31 once it enters service. Both the Rafale and Tejas are already operational with Indian Air Force, J-31 is not yet in service with either Pakistan Air Force or the Chinese Air Force.

I think you didn't read carefully, In that message I write J31/35 is not coming before 2032-35.

And What i asked is for a particular post, if you believe that the post is 100% right than you are also welcome to reply my whole message. 👇

Amca like now
We need 500 asap

Why Not Tejas MK1A than MK2 and then AMCA? Indian SU30 can detect J20 from far away and Pakistan don't have money to buy J31/35 and which is not coming before 2032-35 and Chinese jets are junk and inferior to MK1A so what's the hurry and why 500 and why ASAP?

I hear that two GE F404 engines have been shipped to India. Does this mean the two Tejas MK1A jets will be delivered in a few days, or will these engines be used for the trainer jets, since three Tejas trainer jets are also due for delivery?
2 engines are supposed to come this month..But nothing is clear regarding the delivery of MK1A. No chatter, nothing .

What a pic of the Tejas Mk1 being flown by Air Marshal AP Singh over Jodhpur's Umaid Bhavan Palace!

GXCnUXNaQAAf4hB

Tejas Mk1 trainers LT5202 and LT5203 of No.18 'Flying Bullets' with Indian Army and Indian Navy Vice Chiefs in the back seats.

Air Marshal AP Singh flew the single seat LA-5022 Tejas Mk1.

GXDkvoDaMAABNGi

GXDkv4YbEAMG5yq

GXDkv4YbEAI9fKn

GXDkv9tbEAMty-U

No.18 Squadron, the most distinguished squadron of the IAF, with the only Param Vir Chakra awardee, Flying Officer NJS Sekhon.

GXCg2a1XsAAfgRm

LT5202 with a Group Captain from No.18 Squadron and the Naval Vice Chief of Staff

GXCkes-WsAEhi2r

Air Marshal AP Singh, in front of a Tejas Mk1 from No.18 squadron that he flew. He is a former LCA Tejas test pilot and NFTC Commandant.

GXCkes4WMAAG9t_

LA-5022 and LT-5202 flying over Jodhpur

GXCkes2WAAEN1_v

Indian Army Vice Chief of Staff in front of the Tejas trainer that he flew in with another Group Captain rank pilot from No.18 squadron.

GXCkew-XsAA9aM6

Air Marshal AP Singh in LA-5022 over Jodhpur

GXCnPUBXYAA4hth

Last edited:
Tejas Mk1 from No.18 squadron performing a display over Jodhpur during the Open Day event at the end of Ex Tarang Shakti Phase 2.

GW4tzH6WAAAXIdI

GW4ty9XXIAESHIo

Absolutely fabulous footage of the flight with 1 Tejas Mk1 flown by AM AP Singh and the 2 Tejas Mk1 trainers with Lt Gen Raja Mani (Vice Chief of Staff, Indian Army) and Admiral Swaminathan (Vice Chief of Staff, Indian Navy) in the backseats.

You know what Tejas was amazing for proving the military complex on how to design and build and enter service a indengious fighter we now need to deliver the fleet numbers and move to Amca

“GE has given a new schedule…They will start the delivery of engines from November,” a high-ranking source told ThePrint. Sources further said GE has promised them two engines per month. Government sources said GE had informed them there were supply issues and that re-certification of new vendors took time.
Sources said HAL’s production plans were on schedule, and that the engines would be integrated as soon as they came in.
HAL has set up a new production line in Nashik for the LCA Mk1As, besides the one in Bengaluru which can produce 16 aircraft in a year. The public sector defence company can now make a total of 24 aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back