Huawei presents world's first tri-foldable smartphone, having more than 3 million preorders

But with a price tag that starts at $2,800 — more than twice the starting price of the comparable iPhone 16 Pro Max.
The ‘’high end" phone will be redefined by this model.

Last edited:
This brand new 4.6 meters long MG car in China is only $5,400.
$2,800 for a phone is a bit too much.

sou-gou-jie-tu20240907085450-png.63485

sou-gou-jie-tu20240907085700-png.63486

Chinese social media jokingly say this Huawei design must have been inspired by the way Chinese emperors read memo in the past.

新品_华为三折叠屏手机 到底是啥样?_1_电子闺蜜小7_来自小红书网页版.jpg新品_华为三折叠屏手机 到底是啥样?_6_电子闺蜜小7_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Apple rival Huawei turns science fiction into reality with launch of $2,800 tri-fold smartphone​

Looks too thick for a phone. Do we have official specs? I mean dimensions?
That's exactly what I said...

The official dimension said the thickness when folded is 12.8mm

Looks too thick for a phone. Do we have official specs? I mean dimensions?

Huawei’s wild tri-fold smartphone is here and it’s barely thicker than Galaxy Z Fold 6​

Ben Schoon | Sep 10 2024 - 7:50 am PT

huawei-mate-xt-tri-fold-2.jpg

Huawei has just launched the world’s first tri-fold smartphone in the Mate XT, with the device arriving in China for a cost of just under $3,000.

The Huawei Mate XT takes foldable displays to a new level by adding an extra fold. The OLED display ribbons through a device that can open its screen twice to reveal a large 10.2-inch display at a 16:11 aspect ratio.

You can also use the device more like a traditional book-style foldable with a single portion unfolded coming in at 7.9-inches, similar in size to Google’s Pixel 9 Pro Fold.

When folded up the Huawei Mate XT ends up being fairly similar to a typical smartphone with a 6.4-inch display and a thickness of just 12.8mm despite being a tri-fold device. For context, Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold 6 measures 12.1mm thick, and it only folds once. When fully unfolded, the device is just 3.6mm thick at its thinnest point, with a portion of the device being slightly thicker to make room for the USB-C port.

Despite the super-thin and complex design, though, Huawei has still stuffed this foldable with all of the things you’d expect from a typical flagship smartphone. 16GB of RAM, up to 1TB of storage, satellite connectivity, and a trio of flagship-tier cameras – 50MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 12MP 5.5x telephoto.

It even has a bigger battery than most other foldables, with a 5,600 mAh cell inside that supports fast charging over USB-C at up to 66W and wireless charging at up to 50W.

Huawei has already opened up sales of the Mate XT in China – it’s unlikely it will be sold elsewhere – with a starting price of ¥19999. That’s roughly $2,800 USD, making this device cost about $1,000 more than many book-style foldables available today.

Over 3 million pre orders, roaring success even before launched
Maybe everyone wants to be an emperor :ROFLMAO:

sddefault.jpg

xin-pin_hua-wei-san-zhe-die-ping-shou-ji-dao-di-shi-sha-yang-_6_dian-zi-gui-mi-xiao7_lai-zi-xiao-hong-shu-wang-ye-ban-jpg.64256

The official dimension said the thickness when folded is 12.8mm
12.8 mm is a bit too thick. iPhone 12 Mini that I use (I just love its bright and soothing red color and there is no other phone coming in that color) is for instance 7.4 mm thick and it is not considered a thin phone. Besides, design of this phone means it will be impossible to put a bumper or phone guard on it. I think even screen guard will be a problem.

It might be an initial seller because some people might just want to try something new but ultimately it is a clumsy phone. It is essentially a foldable tablet with phone role shoe horned on it.

I usually like my device to do one thing really well. My phone should work like a phone and carryable like a phone.

12.8 mm is a bit too thick. iPhone 12 Mini that I use (I just love its bright and soothing red color and there is no other phone coming in that color) is for instance 7.4 mm thick and it is not considered a thin phone. Besides, design of this phone means it will be impossible to put a bumper or phone guard on it. I think even screen guard will be a problem.

It might be an initial seller because some people might just want to try something new but ultimately it is a clumsy phone. It is essentially a foldable tablet with phone role shoe horned on it.

I usually like my device to do one thing really well. My phone should work like a phone and carryable like a phone.
Lol, what you think doesn't stop over 3 million users pre ordered it, at the price twice as much as Iphone 16.

Lol, what you think doesn't stop over 3 million users pre order it.
As I said, there are people who just want to try novelty. So they will try. But ultimately, it is going to be one of those quirky clumsy gadgets that look good only in commercials. Its got a party trick, which is fine but as something that I daily carry in my jeans pocket while sitting in my car? Nope. Too uncomfortable.

As I said, there are people who just want to try novelty. So they will try. But ultimately, it is going to be one of those quirky clumsy gadgets that look good only in commercials. Its got a party trick, which is fine but as something that I daily carry in my jeans pocket while sitting in my car? Nope. Too uncomfortable.
Apple has fallen out of top 5 best selling phones in China, showing it's fast losing appeal to the Chinese customers, Chinese phone makers know Chinese consumers better, whatever you think doesn't make a difference and won't stop the sharp upward trajectory of all major Chinese phone makers global performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back