Huawei presents world's first tri-foldable smartphone, having more than 3 million preorders

Apple has fallen out of top 5 best selling phones in China, showing it's fast losing appeal to the Chinese customers, Chinese phone makers know Chinese consumers better, whatever you think doesn't make a difference and won't stop the sharp upward trajectory of all major Chinese phone makers global performance.
Apple sales are going strong year after year worldwide, China or no China. If Chinese like more complicated phones that are uncomfortable to carry around, thats great! Let it serve them well.

Chinese taste need not be same as American. I have always found WeChat app design to be too cluttered but many Chinese swear by it. May be they like things that way.

Apple sales are growing strong year after year worldwide, China or no China. If Chinese like more complicated phones that are uncomfortable to carry around, thats great! Let it serve them well.

Chinese taste need not be same as American. I have always found WeChat app design to be too cluttered but many Chinese swear by it. May be they like things that way.
Lol, We'll see, China is Apple's single biggest market , currently still accounting for fifth of Iphones global sales total.

Lol, We'll see, China is Apple's single biggest market , currently still accounting for fifth of Iphones global sales total.
Errr....

Approximately 40% of the revenue comes from the United States alone. Europe and China are two other major markets for Apple, as is evident from the table below. . Americas brought in net sales of $39.81 billion in the fourth quarter of the company’s 2022 fiscal year.

Errr....

But many others do better, it's all relative, most Apple phones are also made in China, losing Chinese market is by no means a small deal for Apple.

One thing is for sure. Older folks will 1000% buy this now cuz their eyes struggle with tiny little phones. All the seniors will be all about this thing.

These are Gen Z, Gen AI etc. toys. As for me even a simple phone is like too much....

One thing is for sure. Older folks will 1000% buy this now cuz their eyes struggle with tiny little phones. All the seniors will be all about this thing.
Even Apple phones are getting bigger and bigger. it's just a new trend.

12.8 mm is a bit too thick. iPhone 12 Mini that I use (I just love its bright and soothing red color and there is no other phone coming in that color) is for instance 7.4 mm thick and it is not considered a thin phone. Besides, design of this phone means it will be impossible to put a bumper or phone guard on it. I think even screen guard will be a problem.

It might be an initial seller because some people might just want to try something new but ultimately it is a clumsy phone. It is essentially a foldable tablet with phone role shoe horned on it.

I usually like my device to do one thing really well. My phone should work like a phone and carryable like a phone.
I use Galaxy S24 Ultra and it's 6.8mm, and I think that's way too thick for me and I can hardly put it in my back pocket if I am wearing jean....

This thing is going to be a whopper.......

10 years ago every Chinese used a ultra thin makerse and today everyone uses a big big phone and girls even use bigger phones than guys. I don't if it's true in other countries but it's a clear trend in China, go to YouTube and check out travel vlogs to see how big a phone Chinese people use. China is the single bigget phone market by a huge margin. Phone makers all prioritize this market, not couples of western PDF users.

recycling tech, true revolution in communication will happen once they field neuro linked device without physical mediation.

I use Galaxy S24 Ultra and it's 6.8mm, and I think that's way too thick for me and I can hardly put it in my back pocket if I am wearing jean....
Exact reason why I like iPhone 12 mini, form factor and thickness is very reminiscent of iphone 5 / SE, which IMHO was the best one. I cannt imagine even an iPhone 12 regular in my back pocket, let along this giant of folded tablet.

Its however a pity that iPhone never got Product Red color after iPhone 12.

1726040997939.png

Exact reason why I like iPhone 12 mini, form factor and thickness is very reminiscent of iphone 5 / SE, which IMHO was the best one. I cannt imagine even an iPhone 12 regular in my back pocket, let along this giant of folded tablet.

Its however a pity that iPhone never got Product Red color after iPhone 12.

View attachment 64355
I used Iphone 5 when it came out, hated it........

Been with Samsung ever since.........Got a S9, then S20 Ultra, then S23 FE and now a S24 Ultra.....

Huawei presents world's first tri-foldable smartphone, having more than 3 million preorders

Screen-Shot-2024-09-11-at-9.35.56-am.png

调整大小 Y4SNLIE3BFL6TJ6TS7GWL2XRRY.jpg
c7818d85de3159e8d3c280d6d0c10af5.jpg

Huawei’s tri-foldable phone stirs Chinese national pride​

The Chinese technology giant unveiled its Mate XT, the industry’s first tri-foldable phone, on Tuesday (Sep 10) just hours after Apple introduced its artificial intelligence-enhanced iPhone 16 lineup.

Both the Mate XT and iPhone 16 will go on sale on Sep 20, though the Mate XT is expected to be available only in China.

“Apple hasn’t fallen, but Huawei has truly risen again,” commented one user on Weibo, China’s equivalent to X.

Another wrote: “Times are changing. US sanctions have been in vain.”

A video that purports to show Apple store employees in China going to a Huawei store to watch the Huawei product launch also became the No. two trending item on Weibo for 13 hours, garnering 91 million views and more than 6,600 comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back