• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

panzerfaust 3

SpeedLimited
Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Oh well, reality hits again....

Supply chain issues delay deliveries of LCA-Mk1A jets​

We will se about that, whether it really holds any significance in the overall long run

It may be a minor issue and will be sorted out and may not have any effect on the overall production of airframes
But one thing is clear to me that there will be a significant increase in the overall production of the airframes

The f 404 engines not being delivered is however a major issue

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
We will se about that, whether it really holds any significance in the overall long run

It may be a minor issue and will be sorted out and may not have any effect on the overall production of airframes
But one thing is clear to me that there will be a significant increase in the overall production of the airframes

The f 404 engines not being delivered is however a major issue

Yeah, I would agree, lack of engine is a major issue. Unsure how despite HAL now admitting it MAY only deliver 1 aircraft end of July/August we still have people in all seriousness posting about 36 planes per year.

Even if you get the airframes it looks like GE can only produce 20 engines a year, and considering the fleet will need spare engines you are probably looking at 18 planes a year max. Still respectable figure, but in all probability means 10 years to get to a 180 planes Tejas MK1A fleet.

panzerfaust 3

SpeedLimited
Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yeah, I would agree, lack of engine is a major issue. Unsure how despite HAL now admitting it MAY only deliver 1 aircraft end of July/August we still have people in all seriousness posting about 36 planes per year.
Looks like general electric will have to increase the production for the sake of hal

We will however achieve the rate of production , even after the initial setbacks
Even if you get the airframes it looks like GE can only produce 20 engines a year, and considering the fleet will need spare engines you are probably looking at 18 planes a year max. Still respectable figure, but in all probability means 10 years to get to a 180 planes Tejas MK1A fleet.
18 planes per year is not sufficient for us !
Truth is we need a second line of production,
The Tejas mk 2 is already in prototyping stage if we can't complete the orders of mk1A in time the production lines could not be modified for mk 2 production

It is one of the biggest concerns of hal and airforce, and I am sure they will be able to handle this issue

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
Looks like general electric will have to increase the production for the sake of hal

We will however achieve the rate of production , even after the initial setbacks

The Tejas mk 2 is already in prototyping stage if we can't complete the orders of mk1A in time the production lines could not be modified for mk 2 production

It is one of the biggest concerns of hal and airforce, and I am sure they will be able to handle this issue

You have strong faith in HAL.....

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014

I think this all depends on what was negotiated and signed in the contract, but per my understanding the biggest limiting factor is not GE but HAL and how many aircraft they can actually build…. And given all my experience I have NO faith in HAL.

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
I think this all depends on what was negotiated and signed in the contract, but per my understanding the biggest limiting factor is not GE but HAL and how many aircraft they can actually build…. And given all my experience I have NO faith in HAL.

Indian posters on here are a strange bunch, imagine every few months jumping on a HAL statement, then a few months later always being let down, but continueing to believe every word they say to win an argument on the internet....

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014

Why am I not surprised only such a stupid post is your only reply?

Always hyping things up, always refusing to ignore reality, always blaming others for delays while at the same time blindly believing what HAL or any officials say even if they promise the same since years and nothing happens before ... but hey, wait: Yes, it's always the other's fault!

And still no facts .... actually I just feel sorry for you. Again I hit a nerve?! :whistle:

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
Why am I not surprised only such a stupid post is your only reply?

Always hyping things up, always refusing to ignore reality, always blaming others for delays while at the same time blindly believing what HAL or any officials say even if they promise the same since years and nothing happens before ... but hey, wait: Yes, it's always the other's fault!

And still no facts .... actually I just feel sorry for you. Again I hit a nerve?! :whistle:

I would leave it Deino, it is pretty obvious to everyone they have lost the argument, now they are just posting for postings sake to try and salvage some pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts