Indian Air Force News & Discussions

There are approx 20 remaining mig21 being retired this year so both squadrons will be retained by Tejas mark1a as planned or disbanded temporarily until Tejas arrives

Jaguar is earmarked to be replaced by 2030...5 full squadrons

But not sure if the replacement is the second Tejas order ie 97 planes or MRFA
I think MRFA replacing mig29 and mirage2000 by 2035

I think it's as follows
83 Tejas mark1a replacing all mig21 which have all but gone .
97 Tejas mark1b to replace jaguars by
114 MRFA to replace mig29/mirage2000 almost certainly Rafale F4//F5 or Tejas mark 2

In which case 40/60 Rafale F5 to counter j31 and Tejas mark 2 to replace mirage/mig29

Absolute clown show! Now they are amending MRFA to include production in India, so basically a new tender. Initial RFI for this went out in 2001, now with these new requirments and competition you cannot expect a decision before 2030 I guess. Then negotiations, factory set up and then maybe first delivery in 2035-2037. COMPLETE CLOWN SHOW.

Absolute clown show! Now they are amending MRFA to include production in India, so basically a new tender. Initial RFI for this went out in 2001, now with these new requirments and competition you cannot expect a decision before 2030 I guess. Then negotiations, factory set up and then maybe first delivery in 2035-2037. COMPLETE CLOWN SHOW.

MRFA will get scrapped because by 2030 tejas MK2 will come

MRFA will get scrapped because by 2030 tejas MK2 will come

Yes MRFA may scrapped as Tejas mark 2 is unveiled next year first flight 2026
But more Rafales will arrive most likely Rafale F5 in 2030 as govt to govt deal possible 40/50 for air force
Add the marine rafale x 26 already approved by govt that's easily over 100 planes next 5/7 years

But more Rafales will arrive most likely Rafale F5 in 2030 as govt to govt deal possible 40/50 for air force
Add the marine rafale x 26 already approved by govt that's easily over 100 planes next 5/7 years

I think number would be higher and possibly with local production.

total cost of purchasing Rafale jets will easily surpass $100 billion mark. Rafale, already one of the most expensive fighter jets, is expected to become even more costly in the upcoming F-5 version. India should use this substantial investment to negotiate with France for the establishment of local production facilities for Rafales, along with 100% technology transfer. the current F3 version operated by Indian Air Force is already three times more expensive than F-35.

Nope, even if the order is placed tomorrow no jets for at least 5 years, Dassault have a massive back log, and if the Saudis order expect another 3 years added to it. Possibly get jets in 2035

Nope, even if the order is placed tomorrow no jets for at least 5 years, Dassault have a massive back log, and if the Saudis order expect another 3 years added to it. Possibly get jets in 2035

Dassult are setting up plants in India to help with what is the most wanted fighter in the planet bar F35

To everybody but in particular to a pdf members who keep telling us that Tejas will be cancelled as no engines
And no Rafales until 2035 as the orders are massive globally for Rafales
Watch the
New thread I have opened about the visit of rajnath Singh defense minster just concluded with USA
That should answer any questions as to why People like me are so confident of Tejas and the growth of India USA military complex now and next three decades

To everybody but in particular to a pdf members who keep telling us that Tejas will be cancelled as no engines
And no Rafales until 2035 as the orders are massive globally for Rafales
Watch the
New thread I have opened about the visit of rajnath Singh defense minster just concluded with USA
That should answer any questions as to why People like me are so confident of Tejas and the growth of India USA military complex now and next three decades

Ah yes, I forget, thanks for the correction. Of course Rajnath's Singh's US visit will naturally solve global supply issues and at the same time cause the backlog at Dssault to decrease overnight.

Utter clown show.

News emerged that IAF has damaged the Rafale during the exercise. ;)

@Windjammer
Any non DJ-ISPR source for that incident. ?
Unless it’s in such a hazardous area that they cannot get even their Chinooks into the place to hoist it out. As an example the Apache that crashed into the exercise in the mountains at high altitude was picked up the next day by a Chinook D which is less powerful than what the IAF had- no fanfare no wait.

What was the altitude of that crash site and current crash site??

Last edited:
Any non DJ-ISPR source for that incident. ?

What was the altitude of that crash site and current crash site??
The Alaska one was around 10kft
The Indian one I asked the open question to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back