India's Nuclear Arsenal Surpasses Pakistan's After 15-20 Years: SIPRI

BP2

May 24, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Well Pakistan has only enough fissile material for about 300 nuclear weapons.

India has enough fissile material for about 2200 nuclear weapons.
Even 75 nuc warheads are enough to put a country in middle age. w
Top cities destroyed, industrial assets destroyed, millions of people needed medical assistance.... End of the game for 10 years at least.

Guru Dutt

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Oh my god look at the bharti maturity level, education level and room temperature IQ.
Atom bomb isn't a joke. It's used when the existence of a country is at stake or when you other side use it.
Kargil and balakot strike wasn't an all out war that threatened the existence of pakistan.
sirji its not indians who on shortest argument start boasting about there nuces and so called jazbbe wali quam jiske paas ATOM BUMB haai ;) :p

Jan 2, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nothing from a brand new design but more than meets the eye - motors and ancillary systems were tested. The bold I saw with my own eyes - i wont say any further not so because of OPSEC since your side knows this and I have family - and I understand my word is not much.

I know the bold because I say across on the dev bench for a test system for this - there was a device that I assumed was a RLG or something but looked like a Cricket ball. And you could trace its movements in space which would cause actuators to trigger on an on screen simulator.
Hi @Oscar
I am just wondering if they did work on such a capability then why not test it? Afterall, the deterrence value of the nuclear gun lies in showing (in the form of tests) it to your potential adversaries. If let's say tomorrow Pak really develops the cannisterized launch system for Shaheen-2/3 then they would definitely test it to show India that they too can launch the nukes within minutes-- reinforcing the deterrence value.

Jan 2, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
India officially still follows no first-use policy. Although as much controversial such official stance of nations be, it should be given due importance. As for real time monitoring, all nations irrespective of their policy wants to have live and updated picture of the adversary so I don't think it's anything surprising on India's part.
Hi @DedBot
Yes officially, India still follows a NFU, it is only against Pak that India might tweak her policy as voiced by Dr. Vipin Narang, Gen. Nagal and so on and I have given by reasons for that. I would request you to go through the lectures of Dr. Narang who teaches at MIT. Against China or for the rest of the world, India will continue to have a NFU.

I disagree. The distance within India and Pakistan is already low so hypersonics in my opinion are more of a player vis a vis Chinese threat. One should also note that Pakistan has little to no BMD so it reinforces my opinion.

Cannisterization is simply due to simpler logistical and operational readiness. In 2024, you can't expect to follow same designs and launches as of early 70s etc. All nations improve their strategic forces.
To some extent, hypersonic systems will have less of an impact against Pak as the existing systems are more than capable to deal with that front. However, cannisterization and other allied developments on Indian sides (if you care to notice the latest launches of Agni-5, recently launched Agni-6 (MIRV) and K4 SLBM) tell you that current generation of Indian strategic systems are at least 15-20 years ahead of their Pakistani counterparts. This is not a nationalistic rhetoric but grounded in solid engineering facts. Whether you compare the expansion losses of the exhaust nozzle, whether you look at the gimbaled flex nozzles, interstage separation or the whole launch sequence you would quickly realize where both the strategic systems stand at the moment.

Musings

Administrator
Jun 23, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No they're not and now you earn a ban from this thread. Your post is beyond stupid.
Look at the turds name - look familiar? Its Bon Plan - man ashamed to put his indian heritage flags on here - and creating new IDs to troll. What a complete tool?

Waz

Administrator
Sep 14, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Look at the turds name - look familiar? Its Bon Plan - man ashamed to put his indian heritage flags on here - and creating new IDs to troll. What a complete tool?

Bro he's 100% French. I'm not sure if it is the same chap. Did you run an IP check? Anyway his post was silly.

SecularNationalist

Elite Member
Feb 21, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
sirji its not indians who on shortest argument start boasting about there nuces and so called jazbbe wali quam jiske paas ATOM BUMB haai ;) :p
You definitely a regular subscriber of that chutiya gaurav arya.
Well Pakistan has only enough fissile material for about 300 nuclear weapons.

India has enough fissile material for about 2200 nuclear weapons.
Doesn't matter when it comes to using nukes.
We have enough nukes to paralyze India if it comes to using nukes.
You need greater number of nukes because you also have to counter China. We only need them for India.

Musings

Administrator
Jun 23, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bro he's 100% French. I'm not sure if it is the same chap. Did you run an IP check? Anyway his post was silly.
Ye
His IP address matches Bon Plan -
Hate multi ID twats
Bro

• Haha
Reactions: Waz

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hi @Oscar
I am just wondering if they did work on such a capability then why not test it? Afterall, the deterrence value of the nuclear gun lies in showing (in the form of tests) it to your potential adversaries. If let's say tomorrow Pak really develops the cannisterized launch system for Shaheen-2/3 then they would definitely test it to show India that they too can launch the nukes within minutes-- reinforcing the deterrence value.
I don’t have an answer for that except that there were capabilities simply not pursued because and I keep laughing on this because I heard it myself “India has not done it and we wont too” OR they are left out due to whatever calculations powers that be make it.

There is also some idiotic inefficiencies - a really old case in point not that relevant anymore:

Back in the sanction years the F-16s were suffering flight hours so the idea their leadership came up with was to have simulators pick up flight hours and have physical sensations including Gs done through neural stimulation of the pilots.

The dev team easily out the sim together with some stellar graphics and fidelity for its time, and then came up with the idea of having bald pilots to stimulate their nerves that way but they asked for a neurologist to ensure they get the right direction/safety of pilots so they don’t create paraplegics by mistake.

As soon as the request was made the leadership balked - they said they cannot do it because there is no neurologist in the PAF medical branch.
Ok, what about Army? They cannot spare any
What about civilian? Too expensive
Not as expensive as simulator..
No, will take too long to clear and cannot have civilians.

So, the project went nowhere.

That is one example -

I had my own small part in a project where I had suggested a very logical change and was given the India doesn’t have it(Im very sure the fellow in charge who told me this had no effing clue what the advantages or benefits of having that feature were or what it even looks like but he refused to discuss because “I know what it is”…)

So, mix of many unqualified decision makers in R&D( military) versus SMEs in India - compounded by “If it works it works” attitude keeps MANY capabilities in Pakistan stuck.

But you know babus in and out of uniform - India’s advantage is that ISRO and others have SMEs and most importantly the military cannot overrule them. Here a man with a background in running a ATGM company or Anti-Tank brigade retires and is made head of a department for Cruise missiles research because “Sir I have experience with missiles”… and the rest you can extrapolate.

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I will state this

For every 5 idiots hired/appointed without merit into the R&D of Pakistan there are 2 empowered highly competent and honest individuals both military and civilian who quietly keep the wheels moving and make capabilities slowly appear.

That is what India understands too - and is what it hopes current trends will eliminate once and for all.

agidest

Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I will state this

For every 5 idiots hired/appointed without merit into the R&D of Pakistan there are 2 empowered highly competent and honest individuals both military and civilian who quietly keep the wheels moving and make capabilities slowly appear.

That is what India understands too - and is what it hopes current trends will eliminate once and for all.
It will definitely have an impact. I doubt anyone would be able to quantify or bank on the impact of Pakistanis political and economic crisis from a military perspective. Especially considering that PA has an off the books business empire that can and will cushion any budgetary constraints.

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Any business empire is useless if you don’t encourage competence and prefer yes men.
It will definitely have an impact. I doubt anyone would be able to quantify or bank on the impact of Pakistanis political and economic crisis from a military perspective. Especially considering that PA has an off the books business empire that can and will cushion any budgetary constraints.

Lulldapull

Oct 21, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
India/ Pakistan will never fight again. That bit we are 100% sure on......

Baqi itthay sub rhetoric/ uncomfortable insinuations/ projections/ personal insecurities/ propaganda on both sides.

$5 trillion key economy say hum (barely a $300 billion economy) nay larrna hae ab?

Really?

PS: We need to strengthen our cultural/ religious/ economic relations big time with both Turkey and Iran before we cease to exist!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread