Indus Valley Civilisation is largest source of ancestry for South Asians

I am struggling to understand , why India had been so poor in record keeping ? ....look at other major civilizations , you will find historical records in one form or another .

I am struggling to understand , why India had been so poor in record keeping ? ....look at other major civilizations , you will find historical records in one form or another .
Pakistan not far behind. The IVC heart is on the soil of the land that is called Pakistan today. Any other country would have invested deeply in the protection and preservation of such heritage. Pakistan establishment haven’t lifted a finger.
@Guynextdoor - bro let’s just stick to discussing the IVC on this thread……..

So this is your claim to refute that most IVC sites are in India? Good luck with that. And check the public defecation % of Pakistan while at it.

We have been extremely on the edge in terms of record-keeping and historical narrative. Most historiography that takes note of this phenomenon falls back in desperation on Kalhan's Rajatarangini, and that is of so late a date that the point is made all the more damning.
We know practically nothing of events between, say, 1500 BC (or so) and 600 BC. We know from hindsight that both the Buddha and Mahavira lived in the 6th century BC, on the reconstruction of the chronology in Buddhist and Jain scriptures. There is another yawning gap until 326 BC, after which things are in somewhat better order.
We only have Pargiter's extremely ingenious King List, but it is also, sadly, extremely speculative, depending, as it does, on several mutually contradictory Puranas.

So this is your claim to refute that most IVC sites are in India? Good luck with that. And check the public defecation % of Pakistan while at it.

Just more of a diversion, really pathetic.

A site does not equate to actual artefacts or findings, you must know this.

It's just a perimeter, or am I wrong

The sewage system was not a dig at your own sensitivity, it was to show how advanced some of the findings have been!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Pakistan Defence Latest

Back