Iran Unveils Arman & Azarakhsh Air Defense Systems

I don't think people understand that an air defense system can only do so much. The second it fires a rocket and gives away its position, it's over. It will be destroyed and that's the end.
Iran has already demonstrated tunnel systems for Mobile air defense in previous exercises. The Ad assets pop out the tunnel and set up, shoot and scoot down underground to avoid SEAD/DEAD threats.

These air defense systems are more effective when not used, with the enemy not knowing how good or bad they are and just leaving them in areas to deny airspace because the fact that AA systems are there is enough to deter the enemy.

These air defense systems are more effective when not used, with the enemy not knowing how good or bad they are and just leaving them in areas to deny airspace because the fact that AA systems are there is enough to deter the enemy.
are you joking?

are you joking?

Let me clarify what I meant? That could easily be why Syria hasn't used their newest AD systems yet, they're saving them for when they really need them. Use them on a small raid they might end up giving the Israelis valuable intelligence on the system's actual capabilities and potentially compromise their air defence at a time when the Israelis might be coming in for more than a simple raid.

Let me clarify what I meant? That could easily be why Syria hasn't used their newest AD systems yet, they're saving them for when they really need them. Use them on a small raid they might end up giving the Israelis valuable intelligence on the system's actual capabilities and potentially compromise their air defence at a time when the Israelis might be coming in for more than a simple raid.
don't use them and they hit you left and right

don't use them and they hit you left and right

The thing about these systems, and what most people don't understand, is that they are NOT a silver bullet. By themselves, they cannot do much. They are a part of a layered defense approach, where you have multiple layers, both on the ground and in the air, and, if those systems are used correctly, they are very capable. But if they are not, they will be quickly
neutralised. For example, if you have one battery of the S-400 or yours Arman and if it's always on the same location, it can, and WILL, be neutralised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back