Iran Unveils Arman & Azarakhsh Air Defense Systems

that is 24 interceptor two or three of them are enough to deal with china 48 cell launcher but yes it would have been nice if a gun was also part of the design

24 or 48, it won't be enough.

Case in point:

Start watching from 3:02 or the whole video if you have the time...

24 or 48, it won't be enough.

Case in point:

Start watching from 3:02 or the whole video if you have the time...
those are not the drones this type of air defense is suppose to protect you from.
systems like third of khordad are things you need to engage loyal wing-man
and the swarm you need guns to deal with them not missiles

those are not the drones this type of air defense is suppose to protect you from.
systems like third of khordad are things you need to engage loyal wing-man
and the swarm you need guns to deal with them not missiles

It's already too late if you need guns for "swarms" cuz they'll attack from all sides. I can go into further detail but got other responsibilities.

It's already too late if you need guns for "swarms" cuz they'll attack from all sides. I can go into further detail but got other responsibilities.
and still the only solution its 2-3 km range against 100-200km speed drone it means 1-1.5 min time for you to deal with them a gun can do alot of damage in that amount of time

and still the only solution its 2-3 km range against 100-200km speed drone it means 1-1.5 min time for you to deal with them a gun can do alot of damage in that amount of time

Swarm drones are going to be really fast. A gun might kill 1-5 but the 6th, 7th and 8th swarm drone will get to the gun, if not the 10th one.

still to little when we have others developing 48x cell drone launcher
Azarakhsh Short range air defense system is not meant for drone swarms! Maybe you think that you know more about drone defense than the country that has been a pioneer in combat drones for 40 years?

Azarakhsh Short range air defense system is not meant for drone swarms! Maybe you think that you know more about drone defense than the country that has been a pioneer in combat drones for 40 years?
wonder depend on who ask the question?
do you believe you knew better?
by the way what is it for?

Iran needs aircraft badly first your not keeping your sky safe with air defence only

True but Khordad and Sayyad had only one type of missile and also were not of long range class. Deploying a radar as big as that on such a platform with all those moving parts will not be an easy task.
if i recall, 15th khordad and tactical sayyad were using both sayyad-2 and sayyad-3 variant , the difference i see here is the upgrade in Radar. all Sayyad-3 variant use the same control and guidance standard so all 3 system can carry the same missiles .

this Aesa radar and the fact they suggesting the system in both with and without radar raise the question that if it is possible to made a battalion of mixed Arman and Tactical Sayyad system so they can lower the cost of producing a battalion while still benefit from the considerably more expensive and harder to produce AESA radar on Arman ?

wonder depend on who ask the question?
do you believe you knew better?
by the way what is it for?
I think the people who actually designed and developed this system have a better idea of why they would go to the trouble of developing it than any random member on a military forum!

The name of this missile is Azarakhsh, and earlier air-to-air and anti-armor samples were made for helicopters and drones.View attachment 19925
View attachment 19926
View attachment 19927
Still the AIM-9P body - there was a also a local direct reverse engineering version called the Fatter if I am not correct so it is a logical progression to use what works. Does it use an imaging seeker?

1708284910222.png

The Arman is interesting as it looks like a newish design - perhaps a progression beyond BAVAR.

Still the AIM-9P body - there was a also a local direct reverse engineering version called the Fatter if I am not correct so it is a logical progression to use what works. Does it use an imaging seeker?

View attachment 20214

The Arman is interesting as it looks like a newish design - perhaps a progression beyond BAVAR.
This looks like a version of MIM-72 Chaparral using reverse engineered version of AIM-9P.
This missile is guided by radar and optical system, also has a thermal seeker.
Screenshot_20240217_215425_net_telewebion~01.jpg
Screenshot_20240218_235615_com.android.chrome~01~01.jpg
Screenshot_20240218_235618_com.android.chrome~01.jpg
Screenshot_20240217_214609_net_telewebion~01.jpg

Last edited:
Combine Azaraksh with 15-20KM missile.

Most modern MALE/UCAV have munitions right now (glide, CM, PGM? Etc) that allow them to target such systems outside of the 10-20KM max engagement enevelope.

As we saw with TB-2 and Syrian Pantsir systems a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back