Iran Unveils Arman & Azarakhsh Air Defense Systems

Those trucks look low maint./quality which is good cuz their only use is to act as transport/load carrying. So yea they're probably built in house.

Edit 1: Those TEL's might have imported tech/equipment tho. Would be surprised if they were home made also.
I'm not aware of military (this should be pointed as other systems just uses civilian trucks) truck purchase from another country

They don't resemble with Russia's TEL or China's HQ TELs

To be honest they look like a little like Patriot's TEL

If anyone knows the Arman truck name it would be appreciated

1708218502080.png
1708218522587.png

this is not the Bavar 373 successor called "Arman" rumoured to have ABM capability, right?

looks like tactical Sayyad renamed

What AIM-9P variant is on the Azarakhsh?

They have mentioned Sayad-3F. You are right, the 27 KM altitude must belong to Sayad-2 not the ABM one.
Yes, I wrote it wrong. It carries Sayad 2 and 3 and short-range missiles.

According to your posts we need AD launchers like an MRLS with 64 missiles, 2 is not enough, 4 is not enough, 6 is not enough, 8 is not enough, 12 is not enough

View attachment 19696
We should get that kind of launcher?

Also there are 4 missiles, not 2
all the photo show 2 and i see no place to mount another 2
what about system with a single missile? according to you the less the number the better

why you can't see this is the threat they most counter
960x0.jpg

Look again. The very first picture in that post shows 4 Azarakhsh missiles mounted on the launcher!
still to little when we have others developing 48x cell drone launcher

Arman is the first Iranian air defense system that both the radar and its missile launchers are installed on one truck.

It is mentioned that Arman is capable of destroying ballistic targets. I guess there was a misunderstanding when the range was mentioned. I'm looking for more details.

That was a test. Obviously judging by the appearance of Azarakhsh, it can carry 4 to 8 missiles.
before Arman there was tactical sayyad and 3rd of Khordad with such capability

about ballistic missile well, it use Sayyad and it always had the capability to engage short range ballistic missile.

about azaraksh not until they design another launcher

before Arman there was tactical sayyad and 3rd of Khordad with such capability

about ballistic missile well, it use Sayyad and it always had the capability to engage short range ballistic missile.

about azaraksh not until they design another launcher
True but Khordad and Sayyad had only one type of missile and also were not of long range class. Deploying a radar as big as that on such a platform with all those moving parts will not be an easy task.

all the photo show 2 and i see no place to mount another 2
what about system with a single missile? according to you the less the number the better

why you can't see this is the threat they most counter
960x0.jpg
When faced with a drone swarm, numbers are indeed necessary.
FK3000S.jpg

Still not enough for a "swarm" lmao 😂

Go back to the drawing board...
that is 24 interceptor two or three of them are enough to deal with china 48 cell launcher but yes it would have been nice if a gun was also part of the design
by the way i guess its only applicable if china again want to have a civil war as both system are chinese

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back