Iranian Air Defence Systems | News and Discussions

Unknown weapons and defense systems spotted in Tehran.View attachment 57682

I assume the their is a support vehicle in the garage that maybe either a command center, ECW vehicle, or additional radar.

Looks to me like an anti drone/small PGM short range system likely used to protect VIPs.

This remains to be confirmed.
Iran has deployed the Russian electronic warfare system "Murmansk" at several sites across the country.

The Russian mobile electronic warfare system Murmansk-BN effectively allows monitoring or jamming of wireless communications over thousands of kilometers to be less vulnerable to attacks (surprise or otherwise).

It takes several days for this electronic surveillance system to be calibrated and activated.

Another question who except Iran gave hezbollah or lebanon air defence missile It's always more productive if there is a weakness, acknowledge it and put a fix there . Here the solution is to simply put a backup sensor there. By the way in the video the proximity sensor works, to me it look like for some reason the fuse in the missile had some delay and that saved the airplane and it had nothing to do with the pilot abilities.

Last edited:
First of all prove it was a fighter jet. Every fast moving thing in the air with a light in it's back cannot be called a fighter jet.

Moreover @Persian Gulf's whole judgment is based on a Tweet. It's not a credible source, and that posted by a nobody not even a known military analyst.

No one knows that it was Lebanon or not.

We need solid evidence for a thread like this with proper reasoning.

The first quesrion is, What is the source of these claims?

That 5 meter also looks unrealistic and a propaganda fantasy since an explosion in that range could threaten the missile system itself.
Source is the Iranian MOD placard. Clearly stating specs. Now you can question the tweet ('editorial') but not the placard itself.

Source is the Iranian MOD placard. Clearly stating specs. Now you can question the tweet ('editorial') but not the placard itself.
It is not fair to compare AD75 missile with a 9m96E missile. The last one it is lighter, has smaller warhead and it was designed as a shorter ranger AAW missile inside the S400 complex.

We saw (I don´t remember) 3rd Khordad launcher with a mix of missiles, TAER/Sayyad and some 9 Dey launcher missiles. That would be a good combination of medium range AAW missiles with short range AAW missiles. Who posted those launchers?.

I can't completely see the Tweet except for its text because of filtering. Will look for those placards, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back