Iranian Chill Thread

I would be happy to do that but my experiences were not good

for example my drivers did not know where big places like Fereshteh 24 mall and Shandiz Galleria restaurant were (I tried to help direct them but they were not interested...) and dropped me off very far away

one of them got lost taking me to Saadabad Palace and took the wrong route and tried to charge me extra because of the different route! like it's my fault he got lost going to one of the most famous sites in Tehran lol

some of the others did not have working AC and drove like a lunatic and almost crashed

Im sorry but that's kinda your own fault. You need to use Google maps to accurately pinpoint where you are and where you want to go, and align all that with the map on the Snapp! app. If you have an Iranian sim it uses your location pretty accurately enough for your pick up point, but it's on you to set your drop off location accurately. Because, in doing so, the pin you drop on the map gets linked to the navigation system which all the snap drivers use. I never had any issues getting picked up or dropped off, and I used snapp 3 or 4 times a day at times.

Yeah the snap "ba sarfe" option usually will get you a run down 206, Saipa or Pride. But you get what you pay for. If you pay 15-20% more you can get the snap "vijeh" or ecoplus, where you get newer and bigger cars. Or you can pay even more and get pretty much the same with ajance or yellow cab.

I used snap to go from Rasht back to Tehran with the "beyne shahri" service. I had to wait 15 minites until a guy picked up the order by chance in a pretty run down 206. It cost us 1.3mil but he drove fast and got us there in 4.5 hours including a mandatory stop in Roodbar! Going to Rasht we paid 150,000 toman each for an old Iran Khodro coach which stopped at a dozen places at the request of the passangers, so a 4.5hour journey became 7 hours! The seats where so uncomfortable that my ass got calluses. Never again.

Also everyone drives badly in Iran, so I can't hold that against anyone there...it's the way it is.

Im sorry but that's kinda your own fault. You need to use Google maps to accurately pinpoint where you are and where you want to go, and align all that with the map on the Snapp! app. If you have an Iranian sim it uses your location pretty accurately enough for your pick up point, but it's on you to set your drop off location accurately. Because, in doing so, the pin you drop on the map gets linked to the navigation system which all the snap drivers use. I never had any issues getting picked up or dropped off, and I used snapp 3 or 4 times a day at times.

Yeah the snap "ba sarfe" option usually will get you a run down 206, Saipa or Pride. But you get what you pay for. If you pay 15-20% more you can get the snap "vijeh" or ecoplus, where you get newer and bigger cars. Or you can pay even more and get pretty much the same with ajance or yellow cab.

I used snap to go from Rasht back to Tehran with the "beyne shahri" service. I had to wait 15 minites until a guy picked up the order by chance in a pretty run down 206. It cost us 1.3mil but he drove fast and got us there in 4.5 hours including a mandatory stop in Roodbar! Going to Rasht we paid 150,000 toman each for an old Iran Khodro coach which stopped at a dozen places at the request of the passangers, so a 4.5hour journey became 7 hours! The seats where so uncomfortable that my ass got calluses. Never again.
the problem is SNAPP uses open maps or whatever it's called and hasn't updated for some of the street names. and our driver getting lost on the way to Saadabad Palace and not knowing where Fereshteh 24 is is not my fault

I only used eco plus and I still had the same experiences with old cars. the drivers are crazy and drive too fast and don't know how to adhere to basic traffic rules (but that's just chaotic driving in countries like Egypt Iran India etc)

outside of North Tehran the city is poor and dirty. that's the unfortunate reality

the problem is SNAPP uses open maps or whatever it's called and hasn't updated for some of the street names. and our driver getting lost on the way to Saadabad Palace and not knowing where Fereshteh 24 is is not my fault

I only used eco plus and I still had the same experiences with old cars. the drivers are crazy and drive too fast and don't know how to adhere to basic traffic rules (but that's just chaotic driving in countries like Egypt Iran India etc)

outside of North Tehran the city is poor and dirty. that's the unfortunate reality

It is 100% your fault for not stating on the app where you want to get dropped off. Somewhere as popular as Saadabad palace would be on the map or even a street close to it where you could walk a couple minutes. I was usuing snap in Rasht, Khomam and Eshkik in the middle of nowhere without issue. So I think you need to familiarise yourself with the app a bit more.

Yeah that's driving in Iran, it's chaotic and unsafe. Im surprised I didn't see any crashes.

The Armenian area near Vanak was lovely, but what pissed me off the most was pollution. It's 5p a litre and cheaper than water, so everyone uses their car or bikes. Plus when you tell them about catalytic converter they think you're talking about kotlet.

Also everyone drives badly in Iran, so I can't hold that against anyone there...it's the way it is.

Great explanation

99% of times I haven't any problem with snapp

Probably even 100%

In addition, they shouldn't be asking for more money if you gave them a pinpoint. The pre determined price is there so you don't have to haggle. The only time they asked for more was when there was more than 3 passangers, so I swung them 30 or 40k and they were sweet. More weight more fuel consumption I suppose...

Great explanation

99% of times I haven't any problem with snapp

Yeah man snapp is amazing. And it is the biggest market in any city in the world for this kind of service. Bigger than Uber in any other major city.

In addition, they shouldn't be asking for more money if you gave them a pinpoint. The pre determined price is there so you don't have to haggle. The only time they asked for more was when there was more than 3 passangers, so I swung them 30 or 40k and they were sweet. More weight more fuel consumption I suppose...

Yeah man snapp is amazing. And it is the biggest market in any city in the world for this kind of service. Bigger than Uber in any other major city.

Yeah my relatives who came from USA to Iran said snapp is much advanced and drivers are much more clever and polite than the americans

Also much more social & sincere

However yeah some of drivers love driving fast

Yeah my relatives who came from USA to Iran said snapp is much advanced and drivers are much more clever and polite than the americans

Also more much more social & sincere

However yeah some of drivers love driving fast

Yeah the guy who drove us from Rasht was a cool dude, he stopped in Roodbar for us to do olive shopping and he had this gangsta deodorant on. So I asked him for the make so he just gave me the can haha! I obviously tipped him at the end but he was chill. I don't mind them driving fast on the new motorways, but driving like he did in the old narrow roads of shomal would be sketchy. There's no lane discipline and hazard perception is on a super human level.

I had so many funny and interesting discussions with the snap and taxi drivers. Down to earth, funny and they have a lot to say. Never a dull moment. Can't wait to get away from rainy England and come back to Iran. First thing I will do is get myself to the nearest tabakhi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back