Iranian Messaging and Terminology Clearinghouse

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This thread serves as a counter/correction/discouragement to improper usage of terminology often designed to discount Iran, Iranians, and the IRI and allies. Consistent messaging is as effective and a great military or economy:

Recommended/Correct TermsDiscouraged Terms
Iranian TechnologyHomemade
Iranian Government/Government Of the Islamic Republic Of IranIranian 'regime'
(Counter) Strike(Counter) Attack
Special ForcesCommandos
The (Axis of) ResistanceIranian Proxies
TroopsFighters
RetaliationRevenge

Source:
n/a

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Special ForcesCommandos
TroopsFighters/Soldiers
RetaliationRevenge
West AsiaMiddle East

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There's terribly more to do. Eg the latest joke by Zionia on Iran 'in Isfahan' where different news outlets are quoting different Iranian officials saying NOT EXACTLY the same thing--again obviously no single messaging 'clearinghouse'--going on 40+ years now. But overall, I agree Iran has upped its messaging game:

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Special ForcesCommandos
TroopsFighters/Soldiers
RetaliationRevenge
West AsiaMiddle East
Zionist/Temporary Regime/Zionia'Israel'
ZionistJew/Yahoodi/Jahood

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Special ForcesCommandos
TroopsFighters/Soldiers
RetaliationRevenge
West AsiaMiddle East
Zionist/Temporary Regime/Zionia'Israel'
ZionistJew/Yahoodi/Jahood
AnsarullahHouthis

wudangmaster

Jan 22, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Nice shot IRIAF Tiger taken last year.

View attachment 43766
I was actually thinking about you earlier today and a question I was curious about. Do Egyptians pronounce the "G" sound? I have Heard the names Gamal and Nageeb pronounced differently than from other Arabs who would use a "J" sound instead. And if so, do you use the same modified kaaf with 2 slants that Iranians use for "G"?

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I was actually thinking about you earlier today and a question I was curious about. Do Egyptians pronounce the "G" sound? I have Heard the names Gamal and Nageeb pronounced differently than from other Arabs who would use a "J" sound instead. And if so, do you use the same modified kaaf with 2 slants that Iranians use for "G"?

Yes, we do! The G in almost every instance be it in classical Arabic or even colloquial (which is what we in Egypt speak 98% of the time and is really original to Egypt only) no other Arab country speaks Arabic in the colloquial manner as Egyptians do. We're just weird like that lool.

But yeah, the ج in Egyptian Arabic is pronounced G and not J as is most commonly pronounced in almost every single other Arab country/people. You are correct which makes it interesting and I've been asked that several times.

And I use the same example you did.
In all other Arabic-speaking countries/people,
Gamal is pronounced Jamal.

In Egyptian Arabic Gamal is pronounced Gamal.

The same with our holy day, Friday. In Arabic it's Jumaa and in Egypt it's Gomaa. That's pretty much it.

Nageeb is also another perfect example of the ج pronounced G in Egypt and not J.

It's the same in Farsi, too, right?

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, we do! The G in almost every instance be it in classical Arabic or even colloquial (which is what we in Egypt speak 98% of the time and is really original to Egypt only) no other Arab country speaks Arabic in the colloquial manner as Egyptians do. We're just weird like that lool.

But yeah, the ج in Egyptian Arabic is pronounced G and not J as is most commonly pronounced in almost every single other Arab country/people. You are correct which makes it interesting and I've been asked that several times.

The same with our holy day, Friday. In Arabic it's Jumaa and in Egypt it's Gomaa. That's pretty much it.

Nageeb is also another perfect example of the ج pronounced G in Egypt and not J.

in Persian we have گ that when we want to write in english we use G and pronounce it as how Government is pronounced .

it's said but no all your examples, Nageeb , Gamal, Gumaa and many others are pronounced like J as in Jade , to make it worse we have a ژ that we write in English with J but pronounced like Jules but like french not English people
here you can see the difference

ah and we have no specific law to write ج as G or J when it come to English we use both and sometimes it make confusion I write my name with J while some of my friends with the name like me write it with G

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

There are formal letters in classic and modern Persian that do not exist in 'classic' Arabic (seems including Egyptian Arabic): گ ('g'oat), چ ('ch'ina), پ ('p'eter), and the most fascinating one ژ ('J'e ne sais pas) which is a soft 'j' and 'z' mixed. Iranians call refer to them as 'gachpazh':’گچپژ’

1717005683328.png

1717005721791.png

1717005751831.png

1717005774078.png

Corax

Dec 22, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There's no 'P' sound in Arabic, so they say 'Bakistan' and 'Bepsi' :ROFLMAO:

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Very interesting speech about how the Persian language is adaptable to new terminology and absorbs them or easily creates equivalents:

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Persian GulfGulf
Arvand-roodShatt-al-arab
Special ForcesCommandos