Iranian President Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian die in helicopter crash in East Azerbaijan

Formal report from Joint Chiefs of Staff of the armed forces.

0. Investigative teams have arrived at the site
1. No initial findings of foul play
2. The site was eventually discovered by IRANIAN drones at 5 am the morning after the crash
3. The president’s chopper was in communication with the other two 1.5 minutes before the crash
4. The chopper slammed into a mountain and exploded
5. Weather was cold and foggy extending the search into the night

Formal report from Joint Chiefs of Staff of the armed forces.

0. Investigative teams have arrived at the site
1. No initial findings of foul play
2. The site was eventually discovered by IRANIAN drones at 5 am the morning after the crash
3. The president’s chopper was in communication with the other two 1.5 minutes before the crash
4. The chopper slammed into a mountain and exploded
5. Weather was cold and foggy extending the search into the night
Turkish defence minister disputes item 2.

Statement from the Minister of National Defence of Turkiye, Yashar Guler:

"With the approval of our Presidency and the consent of Iranian officials, the unarmed AKINCI UAV took off at 23:30 andentered Iranian airspace at 00:12. Visual contact was established at 02:36 during the scans conducted in the relevant area, and the detected heat source was shared with Iranian authorities. At 05:50, information was received that the wreckage was reached as a result of thecontact established with Iranian officials"

I saw that, too. Both BBC & CNN reported either yesterday or today (I forget so much news going on here lately I'm Iosing track of time) that Iran denies the Turkish drone found the crash site and that it was one its drones. I thought that was an interesting little tidbit in the midst of this unfortunate event.

It also made me wonder why again that one post by that X account claimed Türkiye has a regional responsibility to conduct SAR missions!? I asked for clarification but the member who posted that X post didn't reply because by saying it has a regional responsibility to conduct SAR missions -- especially over another sovereign country's territory -- sounds very much like there's a treaty or pact to that effect, and that it's not a "moral" responsibility.

It would be good to know if that was misinformation on behalf of the X account or if in fact there is some kind of treaty.

Obviously Iran had no issues with the Turks helping out in the search for the wreckage since it authorized the airspace, but was it part of a larger treaty and who else is involved? Does Iran get to reciprocate, such as when the earthquake hit?

It's quite possible Iranian UAVs found the wreckage and sent out an SAR team without publishing the information immediately like the Turks did. That would make all the sense in the world.

Statement from the Minister of National Defence of Turkiye, Yashar Guler:

"With the approval of our Presidency and the consent of Iranian officials, the unarmed AKINCI UAV took off at 23:30 andentered Iranian airspace at 00:12. Visual contact was established at 02:36 during the scans conducted in the relevant area, and the detected heat source was shared with Iranian authorities. At 05:50, information was received that the wreckage was reached as a result of thecontact established with Iranian officials"
Detailed blow by blow by Punisher below. The Turkish operator was lost. Real crash site was a few miles away from where the operator falsely pointed to. Iranian drones actually found it. Given Turkey sold its body to this cheap PR stunt with the bogus looping ‘live’ broadcast of clouds on X I believe our own:

It also made me wonder why again that one post by that X account claimed Türkiye has a regional responsibility to conduct SAR missions!? I asked for clarification but the member who posted that X post didn't reply because by saying it has a regional responsibility to conduct SAR missions -- especially over another sovereign country's territory -- sounds very much like there's a treaty or pact to that effect, and that it's not a "moral" responsibility.
I think under ICAO rules Turkey was honor bound to offer search and rescue assistance. I dont think the crash site falls under Turkish area of responsibility though

Detailed blow by blow by Punisher below. The Turkish operator was lost. Real crash site was a few miles away from where the operator falsely pointed to. Iranian drones actually found it. Given Turkey sold its body to this cheap PR stunt with the bogus looping ‘live’ broadcast of clouds on X I believe our own:

I dont see any evidence in Punisher's post. We should be grateful for turkey offering assistance regardless of whether they found the crash site.

I dont see any evidence in Punisher's post. We should be grateful for turkey offering assistance regardless of whether they found the crash site.
Feel free to be grateful to Turkey.

I think under ICAO rules Turkey was honor bound to offer search and rescue assistance. I dont think the crash site falls under Turkish area of responsibility though

That makes more sense.

There is reason why Iran is charting the future of the region and will become the ultimate arbiter once the empire vacates the region. It is the only one to talk the talk and walk the walk! Resolve and the stomach for pain... giving bodies and sacrifices from the very top... where arabs and larger muslim states are either collaborators, bought or just doormats willingly appropriated... to be chewed out, reviled, denigrated yet assigned an existence on pittance to be house slaves.

Goodness, you have no evidence to prove it unless of course you're part of the investigation team...there were two other older choppers which are more sluggish which managed to do just fine in the same condition.

You don't directly go to conspiracy when the reasoning is obvious. The crash videos show the fog was extreme. Conspiracy comes into play when there's not only evidence for it, but the evidence outweighs the official narrative.

lol. The way you worded that, you can't help yourself, can you? Gimme a kiss! :love:

Agreed with everything you said except the tail separation in the bolded part of your quote.

You're saying the helo hit the mountain a first time, then the tail section blew off causing the helo to lose its counter-rotation torque and as a result, the helicopter spun around and then crashed a 2nd and final time?

If that's what you meant, then you're basically saying the loss of the tail section (with tail rotor) caused the accident. That means it hit the mountain twice but there is no sign of that at all. As a matter of fact, it shows the opposite with the location of the tail section, right at the front of the crash area. If your scenario is correct, the tail section would've been at a separate location, and we would've seen a secondary impact area and there was no such thing.

The fact that the tail section is right at the impact area indicates it came off at that spot.

To me, looking at the pattern of the charred, impacted ground and the location of the tail boom suggests that the pilot suddenly realized he was way too low (for whatever reason, that's the 2nd part to figure out), tried ascending fast but ran out of space, altitude & time as the mountain came up on him too fast. Nose-belly slammed into the terrain and because it was at an incline and the impact was hard of course (you can see that in the video of the first responders the helo was seriously busted up) the front end basically dug into the ground and the helo quite possibly flipped over forward and slammed into the ground and exploded and that's what caused the tail section to shear off and land forward of the impact area.

The 2nd part is why was he flying so low in the first place knowing the terrain was very dangerous with high mountain peaks everywhere. That's really the main question since we know from the testimony given by the comms guys that he had ordered the other two helicopters to increase altitude and they did. But why was he too late in doing so? And why wasn't he at a higher altitude in the first place? Too much fog & cloud cover and he wanted to fly under it for more visibility? All these things point at very unfortunate pilot error and nothing to suggest foul play.
You misunderstood what i said. Helicopter only once hit mountain . And the speed probably was something around 150 km . That didn't disintegrate the helicopter the damage probably was like when a machine with that speed hit a wal or two car with the speed of 70 hit each other. What destroyed it was at the impact time . The weakest part break . It may hit ground or trees . And the weakest part is tail and that's when the real disaster happened . The helicopter as the result of loosing its tail began to rotate around itself on the ground and that disintegrate the body and start fire.

Why was the President put into a chopper that is known to be incapable of flying such conditions?
Because the weather was not that bad
Be cause bell-212 is all weather graded
And because this is mil mi-17 alternative cockpit
1716596733845.png

I don’t know who told you this. But SARS cost money wether they are “terribly simple” in your opinion . A .25m SAR satellite image goes for $3500 a piece. We saw one after the infamous S-300 attack in april.

A SAR radar on a MALE drone cost about $750K. Assuming Iran can reduce cost by 1/5th that’s still over $100K for one component of a drone. And we don’t know resolution and range quality of Iranian SARs. The FLIR that Turkish drone used was $1M made by a Canadian company and I’m not sure it even had SAR radar active on it based on video released.

The excuse that their entire fleet of SARs was mapping the Indian Ocean is laughable. But assuming it’s true, it further reinforces the point above that due to whatever factor (cost or otherwise) Iran’s fleet of SAR equipped drones is very small.

It also means that Yasir (scaneagle with SAR) likely wasn’t mass produced or was produced without the SAR.

Lastly, Iran had plenty of drones that could have flown low (Shahed family) and used their FLIR to locate wreckage. Especially considering the pilots of other helicopters (according to Raisi chief of staff) flew back immed after reaching the mine and realizing Riasi’s helicopter was missing to search for the helicopter. So the approx location of the crash site was always known by Iranian authorities.
A monopolies radar in front of the helicopter could have warned then in time . They even cheated on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back