Iraq interested in purchasing JF-17

Usually something official like this would be on Dawn, Arab News of Saudi Arabia, or BBC.

Our mirages are now relegated to launching the Babur ALCM's now basically. Penetrating contested airspace not an easy task. I believe eventually this role will go the JF-17's down the road. In a decade or so the PAF has to go the way of what the bigger powers are doing already. Unmanned aircraft, drones and ballistic/ cruise missiles. Almost all IDF airstrikes now over Sy-Raaq involve their own reworked Scalps/ storm shadows. It is a pioneer this thing. Its in very high demand because it works. Uki's also using the Scalp/ storm shadow successfully against the Russians. Small, stealthy and so accurate.
Did RAAD get used in the Pulwama conflict? I didnt recall that any cruise missile was fired. What was used however were H2, H4 and CBU Cluster bombs droppednby Mirage 5 when they penetrated Indian occupied airspace.

Did RAAD get used in the Pulwama conflict? I didnt recall that any cruise missile was fired. What was used however were H2, H4 and CBU Cluster bombs droppednby Mirage 5 when they penetrated Indian occupied airspace.
We used H-2 glide bombs.

Our mirages are now relegated to launching the Babur ALCM's now basically. Penetrating contested airspace not an easy task. I believe eventually this role will go the JF-17's down the road. In a decade or so the PAF has to go the way of what the bigger powers are doing already. Unmanned aircraft, drones and ballistic/ cruise missiles. Almost all IDF airstrikes now over Sy-Raaq involve their own reworked Scalps/ storm shadows. It is a pioneer this thing. Its in very high demand because it works. Uki's also using the Scalp/ storm shadow successfully against the Russians. Small, stealthy and so accurate.
I think the PAF is taking steps to make its ALCM much more scalable.

With the Taimur program, for example, it's trying to localize the key inputs (like engine) and, my guess, streamline the production line where output is high (for replenishing stocks in war).

1724688213347.png

The Taimur ALCM is being marketed for export, so its range is MTCR compliant (280 km). But the Ra'ad-II (the local variant?) has a stated range of 600 km.

The PAF also has a miniature ALCM program in the works (in collaboration with Turkiye's Baykar).

This is the KaGeM V3. It probably weighs less than 100 kg. It's not meant to carry a heavy warhead (like Taimur/Ra'ad), but can take its payload (likely 20-30 kg) very far, probably 200+ km.

1724688439273.png

...and not PAF related, but it speaks to your wider point about leveraging guided ballistic missiles at scale. The Army revealed the Fatah-2, which has a range of 400 km, with new versions in development - Fatah-3 (450 km) and Fatah-4 (700 km):

1724688775408.png

It seems that some in Pakistan's decision-making apparatus took the lessons in Ukraine to heart. In one sense, it's surprising they adapted this quickly and put money into these programs at the right time.

The real bottleneck, IMO, is the production side. Pakistan is not an industrial country, so our ability to manufacture at these scale is suspect, especially if we localize more of the key inputs (like engines). Sure, we can keep sourcing from China, but taking China for granted defeats one of the key lessons Ukraine learned - controlling your supply channel.

Last edited:
Its BOL news.

And similar to the rumours "we will get 80 or more J-10C soon", nothing yet, like all these rumours "Azerbaijan will get them soon" and now "we will soon get J-31" it is all rumours only, propaganda and copium!

I think the PAF is taking steps to make its ALCM much more scalable.

With the Taimur program, for example, it's trying to localize the key inputs (like engine) and, my guess, streamline the production line where output is high (for replenishing stocks in war).

View attachment 61199

The Taimur ALCM is being marketed for export, so its range is MTCR compliant (280 km). But the Ra'ad-II (the local variant?) has a stated range of 600 km.

The PAF also has a miniature ALCM program in the works (in collaboration with Turkiye's Baykar).

This is the KaGeM V3. It probably weighs less than 100 kg. It's not meant to carry a heavy warhead (like Taimur/Ra'ad), but can take its payload (likely 20-30 kg) very far, probably 200+ km.

View attachment 61200

...and not PAF related, but it speaks to your wider point about leveraging guided ballistic missiles at scale. The Army revealed the Fatah-2, which has a range of 400 km, with new versions in development - Fatah-3 (450 km) and Fatah-4 (700 km):

View attachment 61201

It seems that some in Pakistan's decision-making apparatus took the lessons in Ukraine to heart. In one sense, it's surprising they adapted this quickly and put money into these programs at the right time.

The real bottleneck, IMO, is the production side. Pakistan is not an industrial country, so our ability to manufacture at these scale is suspect, especially if we localize more of the key inputs (like engines). Sure, we can keep sourcing from China, but taking China for granted defeats one of the key lessons Ukraine learned - controlling your supply channel.
As is, today.......this is basically what air power has been reduced to. Platforms for launching either ALCM's or Aero ballistic missiles.

It's all downhill from here on, future of manned platforms........I can see it from a mile away.

A contract is not signed yet, but it seems eventually we would reach a deal with Iraq, and I hope also with Azerbaijan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back