Is Bangladesh in danger of an Islamist takeover?

No Hindutva want invasion of Bangladesh. I think you have made this perception from some facebook comments. Things don't work like that.
Modi already cleared on X that he want to do business with Bangladesh once it got stabilized.
Bangladesh is not going anywhere ... It is gripped by India from three sides. Jamatis can jump in Bay of Bangal if they don't fall in line.
BTW Bangladesh is doomed. Not even India can save it becoming next Pakistan. Islamists took over.
N I trust Islamists very much. 😄😄

Keep telling yourself fairytales. Fact is that you lost yet another country in the region. You now have multiple countries in immediate vicinity who don't trust you because of your radical leader Modi. Everything else you say is irrelevant. It is quite apparent why your countrymen are crying day and night all
over the Internet to garner sympathy. It is hilarious that you lot are also expecting the same on PDF.

I know why you log into PDF and react on these topics. You feel hurt and angry. 😁

Where are you coming up with this number? You are simply trying to project your belief into reality.

BNP always had greater overall number of vote than BAL, even in the last properly held election of 2008 if I am not mistaken. BAL never had an overwhelming majority as you are claiming to be.

Jamaat and Islamist parties' share may have increased more now, but still not enough to come to power on their own. But they could very well be the largest opposition. We will have to wait for the election to see where Bangladeshis stand.

Even within Pro Islam faction, there is a growing but a very small group which avoids voting and want Caliphate. They don't agree with Jamaat and other Islamic parties as they believe in a Caliphate system and not democracy.

As for Bangladesh being in "danger" of Islamist takeover - this is completely baseless and in line with the Hindutva narrative to portray Bangladesh as an unsafe country to the Westerners.

Even if Jamaat comes to power, which is unlikely, they are bound to the laws of Bangladesh as a political party and they are not here to establish a Caliphate.

So you are disagreeing with @Raiden?

So, what percentage of BD population, do you think, want to use the instruments of state to promote and enforce religious beliefs?

Keep telling yourself fairytales. Fact is that you lost yet another country in the region. You now have multiple countries in immediate vicinity who don't trust you because of your radical leader Modi. Everything else you say is irrelevant. It is quite apparent why your countrymen are crying day and night all kver the Internet to garner sympathy. It is hilarious that you lot are also expecting the same on PDF.

You two get a room! You are derailing the thread again!!!

This debate over who qualifies as a Muslim is never going to end. Pakistanis have been killing each other for decades over this issue without reaching a resolution, and now it seems like Bangladesh is heading in the same direction.

This debate over who qualifies as a Muslim is never going to end. Pakistanis have been killing each other for decades over this issue without reaching a resolution, and now it seems like Bangladesh is heading in the same direction.

That’s my fear!!!

One Muslim’s, Muslim, is another Muslim’s Kafir!!

Their definition of islamists is defined as, “those who use violence to spread an extremely violent ISIS form of Islam”.

NO!

Islamists are people who believe that the world needs to be ruled by the way of Islam, and its not specific to the likes of ISIS, it's basically applies to the likes of Houthis, Taliban, Ansar Dine etc

From the mouth of Charless Hill : "Their world is the Islamic emirate, led by self styled emirs and mujahideen in the path of God"

Screenshot 2024-09-10 005824.png
Using above definition - it is indeed small.
Yes, small but determined.

The world is and always be ruled by the small ruling the obedient masses. Islamist are small, but once in power , what can you guys do except humble yourself?
My definition, as stated in the opening post, “use of the instruments of state to preach and enforce religious diktats”.
Yes InshaAllah..

The Taliban has successfully implement this in Afghanistan
Using that definition, going by previous polls, I would say about 1/3. And they vote BNP/Jamat.

Says the Hindutva whose entire existence is based on lynching Muslims. It is not us who invented the caste system. We don't lynch people because they carry or consume beef. We know how Hindutva spread fear and enforce their beliefs onto others. You made a good name for yourself worldwide.

So, what percentage of BD population, do you think, want to use the instruments of state to promote and enforce religious beliefs?
There are currently 120 mil people in BD.

There will be people who disagrees with me and agrees with me

Bangladesh has one of the highest numbers of ex-Muslims for a reason. The genocide of Bengali Muslims by Pakistani Muslims in 1971, combined with the fact that a secular, Hindu-majority country came to their rescue, might have sparked this shift in thinking.

Wait till the next election is held, you will get your answer. Anything other than that is pure speculation.

Bangladesh has one of the highest numbers of ex-Muslims for a reason. The genocide of Bengali Muslims by Pakistani Muslims in 1971, combined with the fact that a secular, Hindu-majority country came to their rescue, might have sparked this shift in thinking.

BD is also one of the largest Muslim countries in the world. Get your facts corrected.

It is ironic that our Bengali brothers prefer to ally with Pakistan and despise India despite your accusations of genocide. 🤔 So much for genocide. I wonder why Hasina took a one-sided ticket to Modi? Is that because your lackey cannot return to BD?

Says the Hindutva whose entire existence is based on lynching Muslims. It is not us who invented the caste system. We don't lynch people because they carry or consume beef. We know how Hindutva spread fear and enforce their beliefs onto others. You made a good name for yourself worldwide.
In a world where extremism doesn't exist you can point fingers at so called Islamists

But in a with hindutva scum, Zionists trash, white supremacists you a healthy dose of islamic zealotry to deal with these animals

Hindutva extremists are a threat to the entire region and it's important Bangladesh defends itself and prepares

Wait till the next election is held, you will get your answer. Anything other than that is pure speculation.

Yes! About 40% of the population has never voted thanks to BAL dictatorship.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of an open, free and fair election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back