Is Bangladesh in danger of an Islamist takeover?

It is rather important if you are relying on the ballot box to win?

@UKBengali

Umm no, my message to the Muslims of Bangladesh is that ballot box doesn't win anything.

My post is to rebuke your claim that Islam wins by number, that is false, because if Islam wins by number alone, then the Persians and Romans would never be defeated by early Muslims who's not that big is numbers.

There is a reason for this. We all know and understand that the current Hindutva regime in India doesn’t operate on an equal basis. Hindutva believes that it is the master and everyone around is a Dalit. The relationship with Modi’s India is one-sided, just as it is one-sided inside India for almost all minorities. Hindutva represents exactly the threat and menace that they often blame others for.
Hinduphobia in all over in your mind and heart. 😄😄
Modi has given lots of pain to Pakistanis. 😄

Hinduphobia in all over in your mind and heart. 😄😄
Modi has given lots of pain to Pakistanis. 😄

Victim mentality? You think too much. Pakistanis couldn't care less about Modi and his Hindutva gang. Modi is a blessing though. He turned BD against India. That should tell you how bright Modi is.

I'm not talking about Bangladesh in particular, but Muslim lands in general.

+ I never said Islam needs the US.

My post is to rebuke your claim that there are such thing as 'cultural' Muslim.

Even that @KAAFIR knows that

Well! This thread is about how to build a majority to unite Bangladesh against the BAL and BNP duopoly!

So, try focussing on that!!

Well! This thread is about how to build a majority to unite Bangladesh against the BAL and BNP duopoly!

So, try focussing on that!!
I do understand that a significant number of Bangladesh are Islamists that support the implementation of Sharia law.

So I'll focus on that.

You whole day blabber here Modi and Hindutva and show offing you care less... 😄
Ye to doglapan hai.

LOL Ask Modi why the people of BD don't trust him or you. We know why Hasina is in Modi's lap now LOL Some of your Hindutva fellows were suggesting invasion of BD. Are you also that desperate? LOL

Be honest, as soon as I mentioned Modi you got triggered. You couldn't help yourself and had to reply.

Last edited:
I do understand that a significant number of Bangladesh are Islamists that support the implementation of Sharia law.

So I'll focus on that.

I would say a 1/3 of Bangladeshis are islamists and support BNP/Jamat.

But BNP supporters claim the number is much lower 🤩

From the mouth of the West:

Islamist are a small BUT determined enemy.

Islamist don't really rely on numbers as most Muslims could be classified as misguided.

So whatever these guys doing, I don't think they cares about popularity contest in a democratic system, let alone your lamenting about so called secular Muslims

LOL Ask Modi why the people of BD don't trust him or you. We know why Hasina is in Modi's lap now LOL Some of your Hindutva fellows were suggesting invasion of BD. Are you also that desperate? LOL

Be honest, as soon as I mentioned Modi you got triggered. You couldn't help yourself and had to reply.
No Hindutva want invasion of Bangladesh. I think you have made this perception from some facebook comments. Things don't work like that.
Modi already cleared on X that he want to do business with Bangladesh once it got stabilized.
Bangladesh is not going anywhere ... It is gripped by India from three sides. Jamatis can jump in Bay of Bangal if they don't fall in line.
BTW Bangladesh is doomed. Not even India can save it becoming next Pakistan. Islamists took over.
N I trust Islamists very much. 😄😄

A country with 99% Muslim population will choose a conservative leader
unsure what the issue is ?

From the mouth of the West:

Islamist are a small BUT determined enemy.

Islamist don't really rely on numbers as most Muslims could be classified as misguided.

So whatever these guys doing, I don't think they cares about popularity contest in a democratic system, let alone your lamenting about so called secular Muslims

Their definition of islamists is defined as, “those who use violence to spread an extremely violent ISIS form of Islam”.

Using above definition - it is indeed small.

My definition, as stated in the opening post, “use of the instruments of state to preach and enforce religious diktats”.

Using that definition, going by previous polls, I would say about 1/3. And they vote BNP/Jamat.

Where are you coming up with this number? You are simply trying to project your belief into reality.

BNP always had greater overall number of vote than BAL, even in the last properly held election of 2008 if I am not mistaken. BAL never had an overwhelming majority as you are claiming to be.

Jamaat and Islamist parties' share may have increased more now, but still not enough to come to power on their own. But they could very well be the largest opposition. We will have to wait for the election to see where Bangladeshis stand.

Even within Pro Islam faction, there is a growing but a very small group which avoids voting and want Caliphate. They don't agree with Jamaat and other Islamic parties as they believe in a Caliphate system and not democracy.

As for Bangladesh being in "danger" of Islamist takeover - this is completely baseless and in line with the Hindutva narrative to portray Bangladesh as an unsafe country to the Westerners.

Even if Jamaat comes to power, which is unlikely, they are bound to the laws of Bangladesh as a political party and they are not here to establish a Caliphate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back