Is Bangladesh in danger of an Islamist takeover?

Judgements are sometimes necessary. No prophet or messenger will come after Muhammad ( pbuh) is central belief in Islam.
It's clearly written in Quran.

So indeed people aren't Muslim who think there are prophets after Muhammad ( pbuh).

However I've no issue with anyone, just stating the fact.

Who will go to hell or heaven it's a different issue though. As surah Bakara verse 62 , and surah Al mayidah verse 69 made it clear!

That’s a very slippery slope.

As soon as you allow people to define who is a Muslim and who is not - a small but powerful group will inevitably seek retribution.

And some will even start refining their definitions - soon you end up with hundreds.

Like night follows day.

This is the main reason why Muslims are constantly at war with each other!!!

I feel like all these fear mongerers are trying to set up a situation to justify either a military coup or an invasion to place their puppet in charge of Bangladesh with the narrative that Bangladeshi muslims are too savage to self govern and that a "benevolent" dictator needs to be planted "for the greater good", regardless of the brutality of the state suppressing descent and whatever nepotistic kleptocracy.

Let's face it. The Modi regime isn't happy with a BD without tyrant Hasina. All the hue and cry is mostly done by Hindutvatis. This country belongs to the people of BD. The people have decided that Hasina is Modi's slave, and she needed to exit. Exit she did and that is all that matters at the end of the day. The people of BD need to be proud that they removed a tyrant and in return they got a very able leader. I would choose Yunus over Hasina a thousand times over. Not even a contest.

People should learn lesson. If again BNP comes to power ( with or without jama'at Islam backup) they won't create another Bangla bhai or shaikh Abdur Rahman who will force local people to pay jizziya tax!

AL didn't learn form past mistake , so now they are overthrown. No one expected that the ruthless AL regime will be kicked out overnight!

If next govt ( after this interim govt) do anything that goes against people's freedom , they will face the same consequence.

Bro! Both parties are two cheeks of the same backside.

We cannot have them taking turns.

We need some ground rules.

And constitutional right to religious freedom and plurality - is one of them.

Allowing one muslim to call another muslim a non muslim - is a recipe for constant strife and violence.

It is uncivilised behaviour!!!

That’s a very slippery slope.

As soon as you allow people to define who is a Muslim and who is not - a small but powerful group will inevitably seek retribution.

And some will even start refining their definitions - soon you end up with hundreds.

Like night follows day.

This is the main reason why Muslims are constantly at war with each other!!!

This type of talk is a slippery slope to defining your gender identity by your own mood.

Islam has a strict criteria of beliefs you have to hold in order to be a Muslim. It's not hard, it's not vague.

Bro! Both parties are two cheeks of the same backside.

We cannot have them taking turns.

We need some ground rules.

And constitutional right to religious freedom and plurality - is one of them.

Allowing one muslim to call another muslim a non muslim - is a recipe for constant strife and violence.

It is uncivilised behaviour!!!
Indeed. I've no disagreement. So let Quran dicide who is Muslim or not. And who will go to heaven or hell.

Let's face it. The Modi regime isn't happy with a BD without tyrant Hasina. All the hue and cry is mostly done by Hindutvatis. This country belongs to the people of BD. The people have decided that Hasina is Modi's slave, and she needed to exit. Exit she did and that is all that matters at the end of the day. The people of BD need to be proud that they removed a tyrant and in return they got a very able leader. I would choose Yunus over Hasina a thousand times over. Not even a contest.
We are least bothered what they do to themselves inside BD. We are only worried about the spill over and some jamathis moving to India and spreading filth here.

Too early, let the government or whatever this set up is, complete a year or at least 6 months in power. People may have great ideas but in the end the cadred parties may take all this away. BD is at an important junction, even before this whole protest their economy was in troubled waters.
SHW left at a critical juncture.

Indian media and Right-wing blog sphere is full of articles like the one below:

Let me first define Islamism and Islamist. (Same definition applies to Hinduvta!)

Anyone who engages in actions to promote their religious views on others and/or wants to use the instruments of state to enforce religious practices - is an Islamist.

Whilst I don’t think Islamists will be able to use the central government apparatus to enforce their diktats - I do think they will be able to use local government powers e.g. permits for loud speakers to spew nonsense. They will also be able to modify the school curriculum and intimidate teachers.

And generally intimidate cultural Muslims who do not want to practice Islam 24/7.

This is why many stuck to Hasina until the bitter end. And are still in fear.

The weak Younus still hasn’t provided any reassurances!!!

@UKBengali @Joe Shearer

The universe is Islamist.

We are least bothered what they do to themselves inside BD. We are only worried about the spill over and some jamathis moving to India and spreading filth here.

No one comes to Ganges India from any border side. Trust me.

I think in this case, a Muslim poster - posted verses from the Quran.

That’s always going to generate a rebuttal.

No it is in fact you who started this Islamist BS. Go to the very first post and you will see what I mean.

Okay calm down now both of you, let's move away from this topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back