JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

@Amaa’n @Hyde can someone clarify what a "*.pk" malware is doing here. Not a dot com site as we hoped?

Is there a privacy policy here?

Maybe the link ffrom falcons.pk is the problem?
are you masterchief mirza from ye ol' phorum ?

Given that the JF17C is being flown with the RD-93MA, it is odd to hear of the Block I/II's being retrofitted with the WS-13 .. logically, given the level of maintenance infrastructure setup for the RD-93 series, they would re-engine earlier blocks with RD-93MA's ...

If they wanted to re-engine during hte mid-life upgrades, then the RD-93MA or WS-19 makes more sense for value for money. The WS-13 makes no sense at any level.

I am taking this report with a large bag of Himalayan salt !!!

Given that the JF17C is being flown with the RD-93MA, it is odd to hear of the Block I/II's being retrofitted with the WS-13 .. logically, given the level of maintenance infrastructure setup for the RD-93 series, they would re-engine earlier blocks with RD-93MA's ...

That's the way to go...

If they wanted to re-engine during hte mid-life upgrades, then the RD-93MA or WS-19 makes more sense for value for money. The WS-13 makes no sense at any level.

Exactly, indeed....

I am taking this report with a large bag of Himalayan salt !!!

Add some pink salt too :)

Pakistan Air Force JF-17C Thunder

I doubt that this change of engine is true however if it is I strongly recommend PAF to go for local engine production. I also come to know that rd93b used by jf27 all blocks so far could be upgraded to rf93ma. If that is the case I would still recommend local upgrade facility

The final assembly and flight testing of the aircraft was the first JF-17 co-production activity to start at PAC. The first PAC produced aircraft was handed over to Pakistan Air Force in November 2009. Since then, aircraft are being produced regularly to meet the required schedule. The co-production of sub-assemblies and structural parts subsequently commenced and has sequentially attained the sustained production status. Besides upgrading the production system, PAC has also upgraded its quality, technology and archive management systems to meet the production and management standards of a 4th generation fighter aircraft.​

Specifications​

Physical Parameters
Length47 ft
Height15 ft
Wingspan31 ft
Empty Weight7965 Kg

Performance Parameters
Maximum Take Off Weight
13500 Kg​
Max Mach No
1.6​
Maximum Speed
700 Knots IAS​
Service Ceiling
55,500 ft​
Thrust to Weight Ratio
1.07​
Maximum Engine Thrust
19,000 lbs​
G Limit
+8/-3​
Ferry Range
1,880 NM​

Armament
No of Stations
08​
Total Load Capacity
3400 KG​

Can anybody tell me that above specs are for which block??
And how T/W is 1.07 when empty weight itself is 8000kg, and engine thrust is ~ 84kN

Can anybody tell me that above specs are for which block??
And how T/W is 1.07 when empty weight itself is 8000kg, and engine thrust is ~ 84kN
The 1.07 is almost certainly incorrect. Last I checked it was 0.98.

The 1.07 is almost certainly incorrect. Last I checked it was 0.98.

Good to see you that-guy! It's been a long while since we caught up on things. Hope you are well.

Does anyone know if mastankhan is showing up to this forum?

Good to see you that-guy! It's been a long while since we caught up on things. Hope you are well.

Does anyone know if mastankhan is showing up to this forum?

Yes His ID is present here @MastanKhan but not sure he is same guy or not. Initially I saw a post where it is mentioned his ID is taken by someone else and one of the mod told him the way to get back his ID.

Yes His ID is present here @MastanKhan but not sure he is same guy or not. Initially I saw a post where it is mentioned his ID is taken by someone else and one of the mod told him the way to get back his ID.

He popped in for just one post elsewhere too and hasnt been around since too. I think he is just busy and figures wait for things to settle forumscape wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back