‘Nepal's hydropower can benefit Bangladesh, entire region’

Indians didn't, a party in power did.

Again, you fail to distinguish between one party that has never done any good to either its own country, or to any other country, and the entire country, India.

If you think that is right, so be it. Who are we to correct you?

Excuse me, once again, an irresponsible by an irresponsible Indian member should not trigger a bitter post aimed at the entire country.
Lol. Stop talking as if you represent India on here, please.

Nobody even uttered the word AK or Sig716 but this is your 3rd or 4th time you are talking the same
He he he, you said:
India is a nuclear power with SSBN and ICBM
That is why I showed you the bitter reality that india don't even have the capability to design and build a reliable Rifle. Like tejas project indian defense project are Frankenstein with foreign components.😑
shows your real concern about those.....
American, Russian and jewish made ARs are good. No doubt...🙂
Anyways BD students can topple anything without even AK or Sig.... don't worry be happy....
We're very happy. But other side of the border seems to be in shock 😆

He he he, you said:

That is why I showed you the bitter reality that india don't even have the capability to design and build a reliable Rifle. Like tejas project indian defense project are Frankenstein with foreign components.😑

American, Russian and jewish made ARs are good. No doubt...🙂

We're very happy. But other side of the border seems to be in shock 😆
U seem to know a lot about India. Lol

With this sane post of yours, I conclude my activity on this thread. This forum hasn't been kind to my sanity or manner so far. (Some folks continuously provoke you to go down to their level. Not something I am proud of.) So thank you.

Don't take forum too seriously to degree you need to reduce yourself to a pawn...a footsoldier.....that other pawns and footsoldiers would prefer you to be to sap trench oxygen in some ersatz last word hand to hand combat lol.

If you start thinking like a general, you will become one. That 3D perspective of other pieces past pawns, the rules and purpose and meaning of many games to get better (i.e realisation of time and 4D).

Here's what I do roughly (I have had my pawn dullard moments in past, you are right it never feels good, sometimes even immediately because its just unchanging muddy rainy trench) for some time now:

Rate the member on 0 - 10 (default 0 till value proven to higher number, i.e have I learned something from the fellow, does he learn from me and return with good interest etc.)

Rate the topic/post content 0 - 10 (is it quality stuff with potential to get somewhere new and meaningful).

Multiply both numbers and have your cutoff where you need to have it, say 50. Enjoy the time and mental resource you save and can use instead for self improvement or improvement of those you care about near to you instead :P

BD also has its agency in accepting this from Adani/Indian side....Hasina or no Hasina. Just like it has its agency in accepting and proceeding with projects/provisions from China and other big countries....or even from entities within itself wherever big money is required to get ball rolling on something critical base input related or infrastructure related.....all has erosive barganing power dynamic in the end that attaches a premium.

World is not a scam free place. India suffers from Adani/Ambani and such corporates for same reason....given govt and media are in cahoots with them to unacceptable degree i.e the big boy club gleichschaltung effect and no one really wanting to deal with getting elephant out of the room. It is in its worse relative state compared to say developed world, as the room is physically much smaller in India's case (given backlog consequence of not developing cohesively with the opportunities at hand since independence)....so the effect is all the more pronounced.

Then BD likewise with Hasina 15 year tenure got its portion of spillover of this...with its own rawer setting of less heavy capital corporates (but needing heavy capital, thus outsized role govt executive/autocrat plays with juggling that).

I will say this however, the bhakts on this thread stink to high heaven. They want to throw baby out with bathwater so bad as usual....and condemn all of Bangladesh to satisfy their selfish feelings.

When according to pew, its quite interesting to see the reality:

54% of BD muslims view India favourably, when 44% view SL favourably and 39% view Pakistan favourably.

Regd the overall BD population, it is maybe concerning that total favourability toward India has dropped from 70% (in 2014) to its current 57% (in 2024)....but this also might be driven by increase to DK/refuse to answer (from 1% in 2014 to 24% in 2024)....as the unfavourable rating also dropped from 29% (in 2014) to 19% (in 2024).

BD population, you need to break bread with them to understand things seriously, they are not some crazy anti-India population with Hasina keeping it all contained/suppressed. If you are fair to BD, it will be fair back to you. You are unfair to it, it will remember and be unfair back to you. It really isn't hard, it is like any other country and people in end, they all have their spread in sentiment/memory and ongoing exchange and practicalities regarding neighbour.

It is not unknown here in Canada....I told vcheng long time back about the canal fortifications here built to delay US forces (if deterrence proved insufficient) after 1812 experience till the RN could show up....i.e the strategic planning and faithful implementation regd the St lawrence to the great lakes.....Kingston being a lynchpin fulcrum....the move from York (now called Toronto) to Ottawa as capital (and its vital Rideau canal).....for that very reason as well (and also satsifying a quebecer qualm regd capital city, two birds with one stone)....some small strategic depth being better than literally none at all....

....but other than main canal waterways today, lot (feeder canals, defensive nodes etc) have now simply left to get silted up and grassed over and abandoned....making interesting exploration objects/areas for summer picnic activity or canal cruise....over passage of time generations moved on and sentiments moved with it (putting aside the drastic effect the US civil war had on itself later and its thinking that changed from it)....bigger human activities grew to occupy time and thinking, to intrude into and erode previous hostility....and rather larger threats from other continents grew in comparison than ones posed here to each other.

You have to be a 1% weirdo history + outdoors trek guy like me to find the old traces from before.... that mark a contrast forgotten by most today. One of my best buddies grew up very close to Niagara and likewise told me a lot about the Welland Canal history too, its competition with the American Erie canal network.....it wasnt all for fun and games trade/commerce....there was a strategic component that marked the 19th century, especially the early half given the war of 1812....and really how that came about due to the American 1776 revolution to begin with...given Canada was after all British till confederation happened in 1867 (accelerated in some part to again strategic consolidation needed locally w.r.t politics..... from US acquring Alaska..."uh oh civil war over, they're looking this way again!" etc etc.)

But bhakts, forum one-line blab type or otherwise don't know or dont care how to make friends outside of their circles....regd their own countrymen to begin with.....so what chance Bangladeshis have?

Goodwill that Dr. Shetty does, gets trampled on by fatass shah remarks, and all the other craphead sanghi gremlins trying to take everything down with them.

Then you have to rely on larger BD population sticking to better current and ignoring the nasty idiots....and positions of power they occupy.

BD itself is an immensity population wise and India is 7 times larger than that. This phenomenon is going to do its thing as to who is open minded and who is close minded in their % rates in each population.....lot of it is baked in. It just makes me sigh....and hope for best.

Forgot to tag @VCheng to have a read (since he is tuning in now and then). You can quote and reply me in the bookthread whenever you want Vcheng.

Economic Relations improve Only when the Security Situation is In Control and Borders are Calm

You have been releasing Many People who are well known to be Anti India Leaders

We are into Uncharted Territory

Any incident can happen anytime
I think these transmission lines will mostly come from Siliguri Corridor which is very peaceful always..... we have mostly volatile borders with Bangladesh on southern part borders on WB and tripura....

it's not some flat ground where enemy can enter with heavy armor under superior air cover and overwhelm the Indian military..... it's one of the toughest terrain with high hills and India enjoys complete advantage by sitting on hights.....
I wish he'd go to Siliguri and see for himself. Right down to Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar.

I wish he'd go to Siliguri and see for himself. Right down to Jalpaiguri and Cooch Behar.
Sir, I wasn't suggesting Chinese invasion of Siliguri corridor by saying Siliguri corridor is within Chinese cheap artillery range. They don't have to do that...

I'm talking as an independent Indian opinion, with a critical view of the central government. Nobody thinks, other than Sanghi pustules, that I tried to project myself as representing India.

I'm talking as an independent Indian opinion, with a critical view of the central government. Nobody thinks, other than Sanghi pustules, that I tried to project myself as representing India.

A medical correction if I may.

A pustule is generally smaller, localised, circumscribed.

A deep abscess is what describes the sanghi collective better.

Dear Joe:

Can you help me analyze the reasons from a rational Indian perspective? I've been trying to get to the root of the problem, but nothing has come to fruition..........

This is a purely rational analysis and study, without any other political intentions.

Michael

Adani Power has $800 million in unpaid dues from Bangladesh​

Billionaire Gautam Adani’s power generating unit has raked up unpaid dues of as much as $800 million from Bangladesh, where weeks of violent protests left hundreds dead and forced out the previous administration this month.

The South Asian country owes this sum to Adani Power Ltd., part of the Indian mining-to-media conglomerate, for electricity supplied by its coal-fired plant in the Godda district of the eastern state of Jharkhand, Bangladesh Bank’s newly-appointed Governor Ahsan H. Mansur told Bloomberg News in an interview.

Also Read: Anil Ambani Net Worth after Sebi Ban

“If we don’t pay them, they will stop providing electricity,” he said.

While the power producer has no plans of cutting the supply lines as of now, it will come under pressure from lenders and coal suppliers if the payments remain unpaid, according to people familiar with the internal discussions who spoke on the condition of anonymity.
You Might Also Like:

Adani Power will continue to supply power to Bangladesh

Adani Power is in talks with Bangladesh’s interim government to sort out this issue, they added.

An Adani Group representative did not immediately respond to an email seeking a comment on the Bangladesh dues.

Geopolitical Risks​

The delayed payments underscore the financial and geopolitical risks Adani Group faces as it steadily expands its global footprint, including in India’s neighboring nations of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Nepal — often in lockstep with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s policy priorities.

You Might Also Like:

Inflation, rates in Bangladesh to come down gradually, new central bank chief says

Gautam Adani shared a post on X in 2022 on the commissioning of the Godda power project and lauding the then Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s vision for Bangladesh. The plant started commercial operations in April last year.

Besides Adani Power, a handful of other India state-owned firms, including NTPC Ltd. and PTC India Ltd., also supply electricity to Bangladesh. There’s no clarity on whether those companies have some unpaid dues as well.

Earlier this month, Bangladesh’s powerful army chief and president helped install an interim government to calm deadly student-led protests that had forced Hasina to flee the country.

But it’s still facing an economic crisis with overall arrears of as much as $2 billion, including dues to airlines that have to be paid immediately, Mansur said.

Indian Foreign Policies including Bangladesh Policy will be decided by Nationalists in power

Not by Quislings

We are in no hurry to please Bangladesh

Let them decide what they want --
Friendship or Hostilities

By the way Radicals are gaining ground in Bangladesh

Last edited:
Economic Relations improve Only when the Security Situation is In Control and Borders are Calm

You have been releasing Many People who are well known to be Anti India Leaders

We are into Uncharted Territory

Any incident can happen anytime

Give it some time as there is a revolutionary fever still in place in BD and the current government is of course weak and needs to pander to a lot of immature people(i.e students etc.). It is not strong enough to move against the very few radical elements that are having their time now.

Do not take some of the opinions by BD members here as being at all representative of what a future BD government's policies will be.

At the end of the day, BD cannot change its geography and it needs to get out of the current economic difficulties and deliver improving living standards to its population.

Geopolitics and geography will bring BD and India back into close alignment on economic and security issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back