‘Nepal's hydropower can benefit Bangladesh, entire region’

Do you believe the Bangladeshi govt and workers are disciplined enough to maintain the complex safety protocols of running a nuclear power plant? Better option is wind and solar and we get pretty strong winds in coastal areas if BD

Thats a good question
My answer to that is yes. If the will is there.

But need proper training of personell by Russia, China or the West.

A hundred years ago China was in the same situation that Bangladesh is in now, but that time CCP and Mao came along.

The present Bangladesh needs a political party with nationalism as its core value and preferably owning or controlling the army, and its leader preferably without sons and daughters, a pure idealist.
You are right. We need a new party and discard politics of the old. You can see it amongst the posts here from sone BD posters. They want to eliminate or exile or even worse kill members of the party they don’t like or oppose. How does that bring unity? This is what I mentioned to you earlier; East Asians like Chinese, Korean, Japanese Malaysian etc think rationally. They don’t let emotions take over them. Unfortunately people in South Asia are different and make irrational comments and act out emotionally and then wonder why we are so backwards.

Pakistan has no agency in BD, yet in almost every post some Indians talks about imaginary Pak backed entity or some similar sh*t.

While Pakistan barely surviving on its own, yet still living rent free in their heads. And the problem start there. In their head.
Ya on the one hand the Indian media argues Pakistan is bankrupt third world failed state, but somehow this “failed state” is able to send drugs, counterfeit money, support Sikh separatist, Kashmiri separatists, destabilize Bangladesh and every other I’ll that befalls in India. I mean isn’t that an insult that a so called “failed state” is bullying your country 😂

Well, when you're the big player in the region, you tend to keep an eye on the neighborhood. It’s not so much about being “concerned” as it is about ensuring that everyone plays nice and doesn't upset the balance. After all, when Bangladesh sneezes, the region tends to feel the chill. So, yes, we do pay attention, and for good reason.

But it's amusing to think that some might see this as over-concern. Perhaps it’s because we understand the stakes better than some would like to admit. And while it might be hilarious to you, the reality is that stability and progress aren't laughing matters. So, yes, we keep a close watch—not out of worry, but out of wisdom.
Heh, india supported dictator with its intelligence agencies, india undermined our democracy, indian diplomatic arm lobbied in western world for hasina. India did everything to destabilize Bangladesh.
Every SA countries are fed up with indian "wisdom", because india is the problem of SA...

You are right. We need a new party and discard politics of the old. You can see it amongst the posts here from sone BD posters. They want to eliminate or exile or even worse kill members of the party they don’t like or oppose. How does that bring unity? This is what I mentioned to you earlier; East Asians like Chinese, Korean, Japanese Malaysian etc think rationally. They don’t let emotions take over them. Unfortunately people in South Asia are different and make irrational comments and act out emotionally and then wonder why we are so backwards.

Some of these lot are complaining about the debt that BD now has but they don't mention that a large percentage of this is from critical projects like Roopur Nuclear Plant and Padma Bridge that could not wait any longer.

The economic benefits will far outweigh the capital and interest costs on these two projects.

Even if you don't like Hasina personally at least be objective and say she did great things like Roopur Nuclear Plant, that will generate clean and cheap electricity for at least 60 years. This plant now makes it much easier and a little cheaper to build the next nuclear power plant.

Some of these lot are complaining about the debt that BD now has but they don't mention that a large percentage of this is from critical projects like Roopur Nuclear Plant and Padma Bridge that could not wait any longer.

The economic benefits will far outweigh the capital and interest costs on these two projects.

Even if you don't like Hasina personally at least be objective and say she did great things like Roopur Nuclear Plant, that will generate clean and cheap electricity for at least 60 years. This plant now makes it much easier and a little cheaper to build the next nuclear power plant.
Well to be fair Hasina and her cronies looted and laundered billions of dollars. Here in Canada there are several awami league politicians , ministers, and govt officials who took loans defaulted and laundered the money to Canada and bought properties and jacked up
Property prices and now people who grew up here like myself have it difficult to buy house etc. That revenue officer Motiur whose 19 yr old son got caught with the 15 lakh taka goat; his daughter and son from his first wife live in Canada. The daughter is an instagram make up artist but she drives a corvette stingray and has a house in Barrie that was purchased for 700k cad dollars. Either hasina knew or was incompetent to let these type of money launderers steal from us. The worst thing is many of these leeches then buy multiple properties and rent out to other bd new comers or from other south Asian countries and then try to fit 7-8 people in a basement or in the top floor and charge 500-700 per person. The tenants live in squalid or extremely unhygienic conditions and thus they jack up rent prices too. Most of this phenomenon is done by Indians punjabis and gujratis in around a city called Brampton but now it’s happening in other areas as well such as Scarborough where a lot of Bangladeshis are present. Then these people don’t claim or underreport their income to avoid paying taxes and some even show no income to claim all kinds of govt benefits. It is a shame these crooked individuals destroyed the reputations of hardworking south Asians Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan etc who came 20-30 yrs ago as professionals and were educated and law abiding.

Last edited:
Thats a good question
My answer to that is yes. If the will is there.

But need proper training of personell by Russia, China or the West.

Exactly, entirely possible with proper training. Whoever we get the next reactor from will provide training and strict supervision. Just like we have been operating gas fields and offshore oil platforms for decades and without any major accident. Usually in collaboration with Western entities like the massive Bibiyana Gas field (with Chevron) and now decommissioned Sangu Off shore platform (with Cairns). The overwhelming majority of the personnel in these installations are Bangladeshis, even gas plant superintendents being Bangladeshis. It's the corporate culture and training that makes the difference.

Well to be fair Hasina and her cronies looted and laundered billions of dollars. Here in Canada there are several awami league politicians , ministers, and govt officials who took loans defaulted and laundered the money to Canada and bought properties and jacked up
Property prices and now people who grew up here like myself have it difficult to buy house etc. That revenue officer Motiur whose 19 yr old son got caught with the 15 lakh taka goat; his daughter and son from his first wife live in Canada. The daughter is an instagram make up artist but she drives a corvette stingray and has a house in Barrie that was purchased for 700k cad dollars. Either hasina knew or was incompetent to let these type of money launderers steal from us. The worst thing is many of these leeches then buy multiple properties and rent out to other bd new comers or from other south Asian countries and then try to fit 7-8 people in a basement or in the top floor and charge 500-700 per person. The tenants live in squalid or extremely unhygienic conditions and thus they jack up rent prices too. Most of this phenomenon is done by Indians punjabis and gujratis in around a city called Brampton but now it’s happening in other areas as well such as Scarborough where a lot of Bangladeshis are present. Then these people don’t claim or underreport their income to avoid paying taxes and some even show no income to claim all kinds of govt benefits. It is a shame these crooked individuals destroyed the reputations of hardworking south Asians Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan etc who came 20-30 yrs ago as professionals and were educated and law abiding.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

It is not important that Hasina and her cronies may have looted 5-10% of the money for these projects but the fact they got built.

Without Hasina's 15 year term in office, then it would be impossible for projects like Roopur nuclear power plant and Padma Bridge road and rail link to be completed.

Yes Hasina was bad in so many ways like her thuggery but nothing is perfect in life.

Some here think it is possible to have a corruption free BD but there is no such thing in the world.

Plus, that corridor is within Chinese "cheap" artillery range.

India struck us first by supporting BALs dictatorial regime...
Challenging times are ahead in the Northeast? . It's unwise for a smaller nation to provoke a country seven times its size, especially when they share a significant border with Myanmar. India will always negotiate from a position of strength. If necessary, we could sever all ties with Bangladesh in a month—can Bangladesh afford that? Northeast corridor will always chaines ranges and BD will just 1 aircraft carrier away from cut from world.. I can understand the feeling BD people are going through the adrenaline... Let give sometime to settle things we will see.. I really want to see how BD Handel US friendship

You know whats worse?
There are some bangladeshis living abroad in well functioning societies for decades but still worship these corrupt thieves when they settle in the West with looted money.

It goes against all ethics and unwritten rules that made western society great. Fortunately younger bangladeshis and western born bengalis despise these people.

Challenging times are ahead in the Northeast? . It's unwise for a smaller nation to provoke a country seven times its size, especially when they share a significant border with Myanmar. India will always negotiate from a position of strength. If necessary, we could sever all ties with Bangladesh in a month—can Bangladesh afford that? Northeast corridor will always chaines ranges and BD will just 1 aircraft carrier away from cut from world.. I can understand the feeling BD people are going through the adrenaline... Let give sometime to settle things we will see.. I really want to see how BD Handel US friendship

Such delusion much wow.

Exactly, entirely possible with proper training. Whoever we get the next reactor from will provide training and strict supervision. Just like we have been operating gas fields and offshore oil platforms for decades and without any major accident. Usually in collaboration with Western entities like the massive Bibiyana Gas field (with Chevron) and now decommissioned Sangu Off shore platform (with Cairns). The overwhelming majority of the personnel in these installations are Bangladeshis, even gas plant superintendents being Bangladeshis. It's the corporate culture and training that makes the difference.

It will be Russian VVER-1200 again as BD now has the infrastructure and knowledge in how to operate this kind of nuclear power plant.

The problem is going to be the massive cost and although another 2.4GW plant with 2 reactors will be cheaper than the first, do not expect it to come under 12-14 billion US dollars.

At this moment in time BD needs to focus on the single nuclear power plant at Roopur and let it be at that for some years while BD gets a proper government. Once its economy has improved sufficiently then Russia may think about providing another huge loan to BD. The 2nd nuclear power plant won't be ready for operation till mid-2030s now as they take 5 years to build.

It will be Russian VVER-1200 again as BD now has the infrastructure and knowledge in how to operate this kind of nuclear power plant.

The problem is going to be the massive cost and although another 2.4GW plant with 2 reactors will be cheaper than the first, do not expect it to come under 12-14 billion US dollars.

At this moment in time BD needs to focus on the single nuclear power plant at Roopur and let it be at that for some years while BD gets a proper government. Once its economy has improved sufficiently then Russia may think about providing another huge loan to BD.

Rooppur is still not 100% at capacity if I recall correctly. Once it is, it should take care of our short term needs.

The rest can be a combination of fossil fuels. Bangladesh does have a coal mine as well in Barapukuria.

Need to stop natural gas through pipelines for household use and divert it for industrial use and power production only. This should have been phased out years ago, as we explore for more gas fields and develop extraction capabilities. But like everything else in Bangladesh, we have been reactive instead of proactive. Only this year I have seen tenders being out for offshore exploration, whereas the forecast of gas running out has been for more than a decade.

Although I am not surprised at all at the lack of foresight based on my interactions with PetroBangla's employees in the past. Incompetency plagues that organization. This is what happens when you have quotas and party loyalists, instead of merit based recruitment.

Yah Yah, classic vishwa goru india stronk with imported AKs. You folks didn't had to support a dictatorial regimes if you could negotiate from a position of strength. lol...
Let me give you an example:
Prime-Minister-speaks-with-the-President-of-the-U-S-A-.png
Readout-of-President-Joe-Biden’s-Call-with-Prime-Minister-Narendra-Modi-of-India-The-White-House.png
Apparently we can handle US friendship better then you folks. 😉

Ya on the one hand the Indian media argues Pakistan is bankrupt third world failed state, but somehow this “failed state” is able to send drugs, counterfeit money, support Sikh separatist, Kashmiri separatists, destabilize Bangladesh and every other I’ll that befalls in India. I mean isn’t that an insult that a so called “failed state” is bullying your country 😂
Borh of them are possible. Failed states often focus their resources on things that are not in their interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back