• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

No JF-17 B3 with PL-15 Air to Air Missile (yet)

Malik

Dec 23, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In fact there was a second image posted today on Twitter showing the same aircraft a bit clearer with what appears to be a PL-15 under its wings, but I wasn‘t able to save it and it seems to be gone!
JF-17.jpg

arslank01

Feb 5, 2022
Yes, therefore just a theory! Could it be something different? Another AAM, maybe even the rumoured FAAZ-II BVR missile developed by GIDS, and developed from FAAZ-I?

However all images I know are IMO just placeholders like this:

View attachment 23977
it looks to be an IR-AAM, based off of the two pictures the nose is a bit rounded.

Maybe its a PL-10? Maybe some sort of test gear, or maybe...
1709738832080.png

I recall, in a Denel end of year presser/statement they were talking about their goals/roadmap, one of them was certifying/integrating the A Darter onto the JF-17.

War Lord

Aug 27, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes, therefore just a theory! Could it be something different? Another AAM, maybe even the rumoured FAAZ-II BVR missile developed by GIDS, and developed from FAAZ-I?

However all images I know are IMO just placeholders like this:

View attachment 23977

Loose lips sink ships, this time air borne ones, sailor. 😆

Best not to speculate much on these matters.

War Lord

Aug 27, 2013
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
it looks to be an IR-AAM, based off of the two pictures the nose is a bit rounded.

Maybe its a PL-10? Maybe some sort of test gear, or maybe...View attachment 23978

I recall, in a Denel end of year presser/statement they were talking about their goals/roadmap, one of them was certifying/integrating the A Darter onto the JF-17.

It looks thicker than the A Darter.

adnanash903

Mar 1, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There is no missile it’s just pylon with launcher attachment and no missile on the launcher
yes, It is just a launcher pylon, these sections are crucial for communication of weapon and aircraft

Users who are viewing this thread