• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

PAF ACM Babar Sidhu Granted Extension In View Of The Current Regional Security Environment

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So my understanding is , the 20-30 Commanders who are junior to this fella are not worthy , they have not attained enough training and have no strength to Lead PAF

Instead the man who should have retired is now going remain in charge

To me this reduces or disrespects the Junior Commanders who deserve to take the helm and take charge for serving Pakistan

Where is the common sense ?

Everything the current Head of Airforce can do , assumption is the Junior next in line staff can do as well

Example:
Lets assume if the head of PAF has a accident his helicopter crashes , so no Junior Commander is worthy to lead the nation's airforce

Think about what this refusal to retire on time means

The process should be Senior Officer should prepare 10-15 people for same role as his in case of accident
Many in junior commanders are worth 2-3 of him but that is just typical in Pakistan. Its time to let it go like those Junior commanders have as well.

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don't know if anyone noticed it or not but Sidhu Sb's ongoing PR campaign has also taken over youtube.
Now buying fake Youtube views for his promotional/visits videos posted on official PAF youtube channel.
His flypast video uploaded 10 days back got 3.5 million views but only with 600 likes. And his video of command college Quetta visit, posted yesterday got 1.2 million views, with 4k likes. This ratio is pretty hilarious. Channel's daily average of 4-5k views suddenly touched millions. And videos are pretty normal. Like not related to any new induction/weapons.

In comparison J10 induction video uploaded 2 years back got 700k views but with 10k likes.

View attachment 44700

View attachment 44701
Its cyclic sycophants and yes men making it work. He has an analogy in ACM Zafar Chaudhry.. same sort of situation . No one remembered him twenty years later…

All in this quest for immortality because of a needless inferiority complex. By all accounts before his appointment - the current ACM while not exceptional was a good officer and maybe even above average as a resource for the PAF.

I feel the appointment and the usual Yes men opportunists have ruined him. Power does not suit Pakistanis …

arjunk

Apr 16, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I feel the appointment and the usual Yes men opportunists have ruined him. Power does not suit Pakistanis …
Recruitment needs to focus on traditional military families. And the danda from PMA needs to be refreshed after the second star.

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Recruitment needs to focus on traditional military families. And the danda from PMA needs to be refreshed after the second star.
In that case even more echo chambers emerge and you have more entitled folks in power.
Considering Ive seen military kids call their maid “F*cking bitch” and their cleaner “badboodar janwar” I would be hesitant to have those types be the only recruit pool.

The military does have some target markets - but it needs to expand its pool and target university and college graduates with short term contracts and opportunities.

arjunk

Apr 16, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In that case even more echo chambers emerge and you have more entitled folks in power.
Considering Ive seen military kids call their maid “F*cking bitch” and their cleaner “badboodar janwar” I would be hesitant to have those types be the only recruit pool.
Well, old money vs new money is not a new problem.

However, the old money families are being chased out of Pakistan, while the low IQ new money culture, mostly cheap imitations of that which is seen in dubai, is becoming the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest