PAF Future Acquisition Plans

I think by Hypersonic,they are referring to CM-400AKG missile.
If this is what they mean, I hope they at least scale up the missile a bit and add a hypersonic glider warhead (as a separate stage) to the missile. A warhead like this one, tested by the PLA. It’s a relatively modest improvement, with considerable improvement to the flight path and unpredictability of its flight path (for the enemy), making it considerably harder to intercept. Addition of decoys and other elements could increase its survivability even further.

Hopefully they are also developing a hypersonic cruise missile for anti-shipping that can be carried by the J-10. I guess we’ll only find out when it’s a fair accompli and being tested.

1705457461608.jpeg

Source:

great new toys!!

Funny. Would you consider EF Typhoon a German, British or an Italian jet?

Anyways, its one opinion vs another. Will see how it pans out sooner or later.

lmao, is Pakistan's workshare in the J-17 the same as Britain or Germany's contribution? Did you design the engine? Did you design the radar? what did you design?

You gave input in parameters regarding what sort of features the jet should have, and the Chinese accommodated, maybe some minor things here and there were assisted on, and then you were given license production for airframes in Pakistan. Lets not get carried away, next the Indians will start claiming they made the Su-30MKI and not Russia. lol

lmao, is Pakistan's workshare in the J-17 the same as Britain or Germany's contribution? Did you design the engine? Did you design the radar? what did you design?

You gave input in parameters regarding what sort of features the jet should have, and the Chinese accommodated, maybe some minor things here and there were assisted on, and then you were given license production for airframes in Pakistan. Lets not get carried away, next the Indians will start claiming they made the Su-30MKI and not Russia. lol
Hi,

It is still a killing machine---and it can take on the eurofighter or the F-16 blk 70.

China knows what paf did for them---paf knows what they did for china even after all the threats from the US ambassador---.

As for the Radar---Paf does have its own in the making---.

Yes go ahead try to mess with China if their fighter jets are so crap. Mr even the Apple you use used to be made by them. China gives quality according to what you require. Their fighter jets are one of the best things in the world now. They are improving further. J-31 when fully ready would be a beast.
there are ton of clowns like him, let them be, so they will question their life as we progress. :)

Post it any way, only way you can improve is through criticism and learning from around you.
Have done that already, and in the past did so about the PAF new inductions. My goal is to project and promote PAF/PA/PN capabilities to the West as much as possible because there is no platform currently doing that properly and most of the things are misunderstood.

The reviews about JF17 as a platform weren't great (I don't know why). Some said its looks like a 70's aircraft which I totally ignore about the looks thing, some said the airframe quality and structure is poor quality, some talked against the engine power and maintenance issue due to it being the Russian RD93, some said that its aerodynamics is bad if we compare it with other modern jets like rafale or typhoon. Surprisingly, some even claimed that PAF itself doesn't like JF17 due to these issues and that's why PAF is pursuing other platforms like J10C, which btw they said is more better option than JF17. Even when there were talks about JF17 procurement by the Turkish Airforce, I saw something similar protest by Turks.

Edit: Regarding the JF17 reviews... I also think much of those negative reviews are in part due to the stereotype of Chinese quality being bad and also Westerners are inclined much towards Korean KAI T50 fighter which is a competitor to JF17 because of anti China sentiments. But then again, we should not ignore criticisms and that can be a path to improvement.

Last edited:
Have done that already, and in the past did so about the PAF new inductions. My goal is to project and promote PAF/PA/PN capabilities to the West as much as possible because there is no platform currently doing that properly and most of the things are misunderstood.

The reviews about JF17 as a platform weren't great (I don't know why). Some said its looks like a 70's aircraft which I totally ignore about the looks thing, some said the airframe quality and structure is poor quality, some talked against the engine power and maintenance issue due to it being the Russian RD93, some said that its aerodynamics is bad if we compare it with other modern jets like rafale or typhoon. Surprisingly, some even claimed that PAF itself doesn't like JF17 due to these issues and that's why PAF is pursuing other platforms like J10C, which btw they said is more better option than JF17. Even when there were talks about JF17 procurement by the Turkish Airforce, I saw something similar protest by Turks.
Poor understanding of marketing by unqualified people can do that.

Hi,

It is still a killing machine---and it can take on the eurofighter or the F-16 blk 70.

China knows what paf did for them---paf knows what they did for china even after all the threats from the US ambassador---.

Its not in the same class as those fighters. Its a decent buy for Pakistan to replace J-7s and very capable, but not in terms of specs and capabilities. J-10C you can argue, but the JF-17 is limited compared to those fighters.

Hi,

they really need to come up in likes of a 27 Feb contest to taste the outcome. it seems imminent to have it happen with what is on offer with Blk 3.

the killing machine as you said it is, will prove its worth.

Literally every air force does this as it is way way beyond time PAF started. We have been operating far too many types for years, of course this would take up valuable resources, it has been a major burden. now at last we can invest in technology and equipment that allows us to rationalise and save costs, else we may become like Indian Air Force.

Any person can see we have duplicated effort or some systems that offer little nag per buck

CN-235 - Job now can be done by SAAB 2000 transports that can also act as training aircraft for Erieye

F-7PG - This is no longer relevant in modern war. Training costs, spares, pilots and engineers to put up a fighter with 45 minute endurance, no BVR and no in flight refurlling capapbility with 90s era radar
Agree with you in the overall idea of streamlining assets. However Saab 2000 can't do what CN-235 can. Saab is a commercial aircraft, not one designed for military transport purposes with rear ramp, or ability to land on unprepared surfaces and a host of other things.

Operational costs of thess transport are also more manageable than defunct fighter jets like Mirages and F-7s. Fact that more CN-235/295 are being built today and in the foreseeable future means there is no lack of support, or pathways similar to upgrading much much older C-130s. Let's also keep in mind that the "new" Hercs we just acquired are actually 50yrs old and basically an interim solution to a big problem just around the corner.

I remember that during Musharraf era or a bit before, PAF was actually going to acquire 16-20 of these transports from IPTN.

Now I would even be willing to concede to your point had it been actually true. PAF is not streamlining it's fleet or assets. Infact just look at their recent induction ceremony and the number of different vip transport aircraft of all different makes and models so neatly lined up. Look at their own calendar and "air mobility" joke of the year.

PAF is being mismanaged imo. We get blinded by shiny new toys but mid to long term prospects don't look very bright to me.

Attachments

• 1705162242447.png
    1705162242447.png
    621.8 KB · Views: 5
Agree with you in the overall idea of streamlining assets. However Saab 2000 can't do what CN-235 can. Saab is a commercial aircraft, not one designed for military transport purposes with rear ramp, or ability to land on unprepared surfaces and a host of other things.

Operational costs of thess transport are also more manageable than defunct fighter jets like Mirages and F-7s. Fact that more CN-235/295 are being built today and in the foreseeable future means there is no lack of support, or pathways similar to upgrading much much older C-130s. Let's also keep in mind that the "new" Hercs we just acquired are actually 50yrs old and basically an interim solution to a big problem just around the corner.

I remember that during Musharraf era or a bit before, PAF was actually going to acquire 16-20 of these transports from IPTN.

Now I would even be willing to concede to your point had it been actually true. PAF is not streamlining it's fleet or assets. Infact just look at their recent induction ceremony and the number of different vip transport aircraft of all different makes and models so neatly lined up. Look at their own calendar and "air mobility" joke of the year.

PAF is being mismanaged imo. We get blinded by shiny new toys but mid to long term prospects don't look very bright to me.
You are right, SAAB 2000 is not a direct replacement for CN-235 but it will do. It does seem to me like PAF are making decisions that should have been made ages ago, especillay regards to Mirage and F-7. If we get rid of these types we will save so. much in OPEX and manpower. To me this is a very good and long overdue move. Many countries will always have a lot of VIP types, nature of the beast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back