PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

China is most likely retiring J10A's as they are probably out of airframe life... they were early versions and would have flown alot to develop the operational tactics/procedures etc.. and the air intake had design issues which were resolved in the B/C models ( A's needed alot of maintenace for the air intake ... ).

J-10B & J-10C are probably slated to serve for a long time, the latter more so than the former. J-10A will most likely be retired sooner than later. However, PAF has previously rejected J-10A & is unlikely to ever acquire them. Same goes for J-10B. Seeing as things appear to be its going to be x-number of J-10Cs followed up with J-31/35. Scarce resources are unlikely to be allocated to ad hoc inductions.
And also remember bro J-10B has Russian engine and Russians were reluctant to provide AL-31FN to Pakistan via China

The 100th?? They just got 20 … so I would be happy to see another 20 first!
More importantly - compared to the JF-17 with its very robust support structure in Pakistan, the J-10C is still ramping that up. Eventually they can also be absorbed as fast as new JF-17s are but for right now there are grapevines that not everyone absorbed the J-31 announcement as well as portrayed from an onboarding perspective.

It takes a LOT to onboard a jet especially one which you are not manufacturing or able to support inhouse immediately.

sill I believe Pakistan's economy and the ruling/elite class's absurd decision-making have irked Chinese supporters, and that is also contributing to the delay. by PAF should have 2+ full squadrons of J10C if the final target is 100 appx by 2027/28

The 100th?? They just got 20 … so I would be happy to see another 20 first!

Production rate can be ramped up very quickly. 100 a year is doable with China's industrial capacity which is bigger than any other country.

I wish to see MRF being refurbished to accommodate these beauties... Pakistan could get some J-10As and maybe just use them in the ground attack role.... Upgrade them if possible and keep them in the air like we did with the Mirages.... I really hope they don't go down the line like A-5s did...

Production rate can be ramped up very quickly. 100 a year is doable with China's industrial capacity which is bigger than any other country.
The J10 is positioned as a daily miscellaneous model in PLAAF, and PLAAF prefers heavy fighters.

Therefore, the production of J10 will remain on a certain scale, but not too large. CAC's production resources will be skewed towards J20 production.

But.......... if the export orders for the J10C increase, CAC will redeploy production resources.

I wish to see MRF being refurbished to accommodate these beauties... Pakistan could get some J-10As and maybe just use them in the ground attack role.... Upgrade them if possible and keep them in the air like we did with the Mirages.... I really hope they don't go down the line like A-5s did...
It was not until last year that PLAAF completed the full decommissioning of J6/J7.
To this day, a small number of J8s are still in service with PLAAF.
So, don't rush and take your time

No it is my little funny fan boy

The US built thousands of F-16 over a period of like 2 decades. It's certainly doable with J-10 which is similar in size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back