PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

New procurement beyond the original 36 ? The original contract for 36 units was leaked along time ago already.
Contract for 20 J10C--------------The Chinese media said it was last year's contract.
Do you know the details?

Contract for 20 J10C--------------The Chinese media said it was last year's contract.
Do you know the details?

No - i am surprised to hear of a new contract beyond the original 36. Most people here would be suprised in a repeat order that is soo soon.

No - i am surprised to hear of a new contract beyond the original 36. Most people here would be suprised in a repeat order that is soo soon.
It's the first batch of J10CEs, which the Chinese media reported as 20 units. I'm not sure of the situation. It's also possible that the 36 aircraft you mentioned are split into two contracts, or it could be a misdescription.
Do you know the details of this contract for 36 planes? Main specific list and price

Fellow members, I have a query. If the PL-15E BVR AAM that the PAF procured from China comes with a max range of 145 km and we do not have the fully potent PL-15 that the Chinese use domestically, then why did we purchase J-10C without its most potent air-to-air weapon but instead acquired the range compromised E version that is likely to end up second best against the IAF's Rafale + Meteor combo.

Also, why would China let one of its top-tier fighters end up 2nd best if a clash occurs with the Rafale + Meteor combo? This would greatly diminish any chance for J-10C to be a serious export candidate. Furthermore, China surely would not want its ally, i.e. Pakistan, to be at such a qualitative disadvantage.

Fellow members, I have a query. If the PL-15E BVR AAM that the PAF procured from China comes with a max range of 145 km and we do not have the fully potent PL-15 that the Chinese use domestically, then why did we purchase J-10C without its most potent air-to-air weapon but instead acquired the range compromised E version that is likely to end up second best against the IAF's Rafale + Meteor combo.

Also, why would China let one of its top-tier fighters end up 2nd best if a clash occurs with the Rafale + Meteor combo? This would greatly diminish any chance for J-10C to be a serious export candidate. Furthermore, China surely would not want its ally, i.e. Pakistan, to be at such a qualitative disadvantage.
In our last shooting match pl 10 n some pl 15 were transfered to PAF directly from the PLAAF stock, all this before we had j10c.....
Hope that ans the question

May be there is a secret agreement between Pak and China about these weapons : the J-10 are ready to fire it, but to avoid a weapons escalade we keep the missiles in China. A hurry delivery ready to be made in case of.
Such agreement already exist between USA and Israel.
Probably between France and some of our customers (Egypt ?)

Has there ever been in history an air to air kill 200kms away?

Drones and hot air balloons dont count.

Do you know the details?

Actually, there was a leak of the deal last year. @Quwa & co. Can confirm and share some sources.

Has there ever been in history an air to air kill 200kms away?

Drones and hot air balloons dont count.

Interesting question. Never really thought about it. In my mind the longest range A2A missile firing was probably by Iran during its war with Iraq. Iran had AIM-54 Phoenix, though I am unsure about their max range and no-escape-zone. However, simple internet search says 217km range kill of Ukrainian Su-27 by the Russian R-37.

Just hope sidhu pr merchant was awake and made sensible decision at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back