PAF Negotiating For L-15 LIFT Aircrafts

I thought after losses suffered due to Mianwali AFB Attacks the LIFT "shooter" sqn went out of commission due to all FT7P lost.
that accelerated the purchase of L-15B but i do not think (My opinion) that 40-50 will be inducted what i thought only 21 are negotiated for.

May be i heard/understood incorrectly
Is it only your own understanding? Wondering the source of your hearing it, would you like to share?

They are coming for real. No JF-17 B if wanted to use for Lift role we would have been already doing it.
Disagree. There is no need for LIFT until you have a 5th gen aircraft coming. That is not happening currently or in the short to medium term. Current setup thus is just fine for the fleet PAF has.

I thought after losses suffered due to Mianwali AFB Attacks the LIFT "shooter" sqn went out of commission due to all FT7P lost.
that accelerated the purchase of L-15B but i do not think (My opinion) that 40-50 will be inducted what i thought only 21 are negotiated for.

May be i heard/understood incorrectly
Don’t spread misinformation. FT7P were retired before that. You can see them on the Tarmac at Mianwali from before the incident. FT7P were used for fighter conversion and that role has been taken over by JF17B. L15 will have the same role which historically was played by T33 and FT5. FT5s were never replaced instead K8 were used for some aspect of the LIFT curriculum then the pilots moved to FT7P/PG. The role K8s play in Risalpur is very different from the ones in Mianwali. It has a very broad performance envelope. However with more advanced jets coming into the inventory a dedicated LIFT is needed. Also PAF showed interest in a dedicated LIFT much before the Mianwali incident. Not more than 20 or so L15 will be purchased.

Last edited:
Is it only your own understanding? Wondering the source of your hearing it, would you like to share?

Brother, i am extreme notorious for outlandish comments - without source or proof. always take my comments with bucket of salt.

i was very adamant in my post that may i did not understand correctly.

Don’t spread misinformation. FT7P were retired before that. You can see them on the Tarmac at Mianwali from before the incident. FT7P were used for fighter conversion and that role has been taken over by JF17B. L15 will have the same role which historically was played by T33 and FT5. FT5s were never replaced instead K8 were used for some aspect of the LIFT curriculum then the pilots moved to FT7P/PG. The role K8s play in Risalpur is very different from the ones in Mianwali. It has a very broad performance envelope. However with more advanced jets coming into the inventory a dedicated LIFT is needed. Also PAF showed interest in a dedicated LIFT much before the Mianwali incident. Not more than 20 or so L15 will be purchased.

Yes sir, understood sir!

so can i move those F7P/FT7Ps of Shooter (LIFT) sqn that were destroyed in attack and including a JF17B as well put them under the rug Sir!

yes Sir - understood sir!
============

so do you know what was destroyed in Mianwali attack? since i am misinformed?

Yes sir, understood sir!

so can i move those F7P/FT7Ps of Shooter (LIFT) sqn that were destroyed in attack and including a JF17B as well put them under the rug Sir!

yes Sir - understood sir!
============

so do you know what was destroyed in Mianwali attack? since i am misinformed?
Sir, I hope you are not being sarcastic. Apparently big claims. I know you'll disown all this when asked for a credible evidence. Come on, please say the complete truth if not prohibited by the state or else just leave it burried.

"Lead In Fighter Trainer (LIFT) platform for pilot conversion for J-10 and upcoming FC-31 hot News for PAF is potential tals for L-16B.

With 3.5 ton payload carrying capacity, advanced avionics, holographic HUD, etc. it can perform secondary role of bomber fighter."

1707613053981.png

Thus, are block-I airframes weak? They were not as widely utilized as F16s, therefore don't expect that 15 years will have an impact on the airframe.
They are good for much less flight hours than the F-16s - years is NOT the only measure. Otherwise the B-52 has been flying for over 50 years.

"Lead In Fighter Trainer (LIFT) platform for pilot conversion for J-10 and upcoming FC-31 hot News for PAF is potential tals for L-16B.

With 3.5 ton payload carrying capacity, advanced avionics, holographic HUD, etc. it can perform secondary role of bomber fighter."

View attachment 18225They are needed to train pilots for J-31 plus they can do what F7PG and some other jets used to do for PAF. They can do Air to Air role specially would be great to go after enemy helicopters, drones, and also Tanks, Armored Columns and Ships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back