Pakistan Engine Development

View attachment 64235
This one pic weighs more than your 1000 words copy pasta.
Come back when Turkish TJ starts to fly . Till then learn to be humble.

lol, this is silly, the Kaveri is literally a failed project. When did the Kaveri engine project start? 1986, and it was meant to power the LCA, and so far I still see no Kaveri engine on the LCA/Tejas. In fact I'm still waiting for the delivery of the Tejas Mk1, lol but thats a different story.

Whats the point of sharing a photo of a russian aircraft that carried out a test that failed. That was the last we every heard about Kaveri. lol

No India failed on the kaveri and decided to be more humble and started the HAL HTFE-25 project, and so far that one has gone quiet as well.

If I had to Wager I'd say the TS1400 TF6000 is far closer to success in terms of production than any Indian turbine engine like the HAL HTFE-25 or the HAL HTSE-1200.

Yes Russian Aircraft and French Engine technology ...

Dream on AMCA and KAVERİ
Come back when Indian AMCA starts to fly . Till then learn to be humble.

he is literally showing a russin aircraft that the russians did them a favor of allowing a test of the kaveri, and the test failed, and then India decided to dump the Kaveri, it was the last time we heard of that engine. lol

I don't think that's true but if it is then may be it's on some part due to link 17. I personally think it will be max a Joint work to keep things compatible and that too is with a big IF.

Its not true .. Indians are lying as always

Turkish HAVELSAN developed mission, software and ground support systems for the KAAN Fighter Jet

Not everything is lost on the engine front for Pak's most closest strategic allies - China and Turkey - are breaking one iron ceiling after another to get into that coveted league of turbo engine R&D and manufacturing. So, she won't get stranded in the dire straits like Bharat. Now is the time for Pak to concentrate 100% on developing turbo engines for all sorts of CMs, drones etc. If JVs, TOTs etc. are required so be it....

China spent years, and threw billions of dollars, to come up with adequate engines.

I think that it will take time.

China wasn't License producing the GE F110 domestically as part of the F-16 program. or producing parts for GE engines that fly on Boeing and Airbus planes.

If you want a parallel, Japan is probably closer than China.

China had to start from scratch.

Idk who is in charge of Pakistan's research and development but I don't think building engines for aircraft should be Pakistan's priority. I think what they need to do is start at the bottom of the tech tree, start building turbofans and turbojets for missiles and small drones and loitering munitions.

Build out the entire tech tree at the bottom, and if necessary get license production of missile turbofans and turbojets etc.

There is great benefit in Pakistan and Turkey each having a standardized type of product with parallel production lines, b/c as we have seen, in high intensity warfare, there is difficulty in production from a single country being enough, and also having all production being concentrated in one country is also a liability.

China wasn't License producing the GE F110 domestically as part of the F-16 program. or producing parts for GE engines that fly on Boeing and Airbus planes.

If you want a parallel, Japan is probably closer than China.

China had to start from scratch.
I get the impression that Pakistan will have to start from scratch. I don't think we are doing any engine production, apart from overhaul.

I get the impression that Pakistan will have to start from scratch. I don't think we are doing any engine production, apart from overhaul.

That is from scratch, building disposable turbofans and turbojets for cruise missiles and loitering munitions is the lowest part of the tech tree. The bigger engines are more complicated.

Pakistan should atleast try to get license production agreements for local manufacturing from either Turkey or China for these things.

Thats where I would concentrate on, building out munitions and components for Air to Air, Air to Surface, Surface to Air, Surface to Surface. Once that is localized, then move up the tech tree to more complicated things.

That is from scratch, building disposable turbofans and turbojets for cruise missiles and loitering munitions is the lowest part of the tech tree. The bigger engines are more complicated.

Pakistan should atleast try to get license production agreements for local manufacturing from either Turkey or China for these things.

Thats where I would concentrate on, building out munitions and components for Air to Air, Air to Surface, Surface to Air, Surface to Surface. Once that is localized, then move up the tech tree to more complicated things.
Absolutely. Step by step, cautiously.

To go flat out for an engine from scratch might be the path to disaster. I feel that engine technology is so closely guarded that nobody, including our allies, will even allow us an assembling contract.

Why?
Or they expect to use some JF-17 soft for a first variant in order to reduce the entry in service time.
It really shows how serious they are about the KAAN fighter jet if they have to ask Pakistan for help. With Pakistani technology, the KAAN is sure to become a truly "lethal" fighter jet!

Its not true .. Indians are lying as always

Turkish HAVELSAN developed mission, software and ground support systems for the KAAN Fighter Jet
Pakistanis are claiming that Turkey needs Pakistan's help to design critical systems for KAAN fighter jet, so how is this Indian propaganda?

Last edited:
Pakistanis are claiming that Turkey needs Pakistan's help to design critical systems for KAAN fighter jet, so how is this Indian propaganda?

Thats not what they are claiming.

It really shows how serious they are about the KAAN fighter jet if they have to ask Pakistan for help. With Pakistani technology, the KAAN is sure to become a truly "lethal" fighter jet!

Some wind tunnel work and a few things were outsourced, not b/c Turkey can't do them, but to speed up the process.

I don't see why you need to be sarcastic when the KAAN has already flown but we have yet to see the AMCA, He haven't even seen the Tejas 2 fly yet. hell the Tejas MK1A has still not been delivered. Everything on the KAAN except for the engine and ejection seat is build by Turkey, same can't be said for the Tejas. lol, a project from 1983 still being underwhelming..

lol, this is silly, the Kaveri is literally a failed project. When did the Kaveri engine project start? 1986, and it was meant to power the LCA, and so far I still see no Kaveri engine on the LCA/Tejas. In fact I'm still waiting for the delivery of the Tejas Mk1, lol but thats a different story.

Whats the point of sharing a photo of a russian aircraft that carried out a test that failed. That was the last we every heard about Kaveri. lol

No India failed on the kaveri and decided to be more humble and started the HAL HTFE-25 project, and so far that one has gone quiet as well.

If I had to Wager I'd say the TS1400 TF6000 is far closer to success in terms of production than any Indian turbine engine like the HAL HTFE-25 or the HAL HTSE-1200.
Tejas can fly with a Kaveri engine, and you'll likely see a Tejas prototype flying with it in the next 2-3 years. But that's not the main issue. The Kaveri engine produces a stable wet thrust of only 78kN, while the current thrust requirement for Tejas has increased. What was sufficient in the 1990s is no longer enough, as Tejas now needs at least an 85kN engine to support modern systems and increased payloads from recent upgrades. India is now working on a 110kN engine, which will be able to power Tejas, TEDBF, AMCA, and even trainer jets like the HLFT-42 Marut. Meanwhile, the Kaveri engine is likely to be used for heavy drones like the Ghatak UCAV.
This 1:10 scale prototype of the GHATAK gives you an idea of how large the actual prototype will be. It will be comparable in size to the B-52 bomber of USA.
1726013313724.png

Last edited:
Bro I understand your irony

but even big India+Pakistan together can not match with small Country Turkiye in aviation technology ... not even close

Turkiye develops everything to power its own Cruise Missiles , UCAVs , Kamikaze Drones , Helicopters , Manned and Unmanned stealth Fighter Jets

TURBOJET ENGİNE
KTJ-1750 Turbojet Engine to power the CAKIR Cruise Missile
KTJ-3200 Turbojet Engine to power the SOM and ATMACA Cruise Missile
KTJ-3700 Turbojet Engine to power the KARA-ATMACA UM Cruise Missile
Also ARAT Turbojet Engine under development to power the GEZGIN long range strategic Cruise Missile

TURBODIESEL AVIATION ENGİNE
PD-170 and PD-222 Engines to power the TB-3 , ANKA and AKSUNGUR UCAVs

TURBOSHAFT ENGINE
TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine to power the T-625 Utility Helicopter and T-629 Attack Helicopter

TURBOFAN ENGİNE
TF-6000 turbofan Engine to power the ANKA-3 flying wing stealth UCAV
TF-10.000 turbofan Engine to power the KIZILELMA unmanned stealth Fighter Jet

Even 2 x TF-10.000 turbofan Engines can power the HURJET light attack Fighter Jet

Also TF-35.000 turbofan engine under development to power the KAAN 5th gen stealth Fighter Jet

Proof-Evidance from official website
Why do you keep bracketing Pakistan with India there is huge difference between Pakistan and India

Yes Russian Aircraft and French Engine technology ...

Dream on AMCA and KAVERİ
Come back when Indian AMCA starts to fly . Till then learn to be humble.
Cope it's a testbed. Kaveri has flew, it has Indian core without French help.
Unlike TAI sitting on American GE lap and it's engine still on table.
Screenshot_20240911_071607_Brave.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back