Pakistan General Elections 2024

potohar de veeran naal maari gal kiti ouna ne, authe PTI da margin tee te pachaas hazaar ton vi wadh si
Mainu lagde ai authe vi results nu overturn karna pavu ga oun na nu
iikson vee plus seatan te hona chaidi PTI aaliya di after all the court decisions
Felhal Lahore te focus a PTI da
Kal insha Allah umeed a 10 seatan hor mil jan gian

Ye IK de on nal v halat na badle te L te waje Khan v.
I will vote for Jamat e Islami.

However,PTI is going to make deal with PPP by selecting CM Punjab from PPP.
PTI, PPP de saare CM canidates maare jai ne, Elahi changa si par ounu Imran trust naiyon karda
Saade modhe te Buzdaar warge changar jyea CM paa devan ge

Hah! Blast from the past! People's Student Federation! The Student Wing of PPP.
No, never though briefly I sympathized with them against the dictatorship of Zia ul Haq and I also sympathized with APMSO (the Student Wing of MQM) for Karachi's rights.
Yes. Those were different times. Lots of young high on testosterone kids with strong ideological belief duking it out. And people think PTI youth is over the top. You ain’t seen nothing, Lol.

'In Karachi, robbery was committed, not theft': Siraj​

Feb 10, 21:11

In a strongly worded post shared on his official X handle, Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq denounced the purported electoral rigging, labeling it a direct affront to the integrity of the vote and public sentiment.

Describing it as the most egregious instance of rigging in history, he claimed that results were manipulated in favour of PML-N, PPP, and MQM, particularly highlighting the situation in Karachi as akin to robbery, not mere theft.

Expressing his firm stance against such manipulation, Haq declared his personal participation in the protest in Karachi, emphasising that robbery of the people's mandate is unequivocally unacceptable.

PTI could join Majlis Wahadatul Muslimeen or Jamat Ulema e Pakistan. 2 ally parties who stood by PTI and IK despite the crackdown.
Wahdat should be in the mainstream as riots in GB and Quetta can be managed. JUI is good for Karachi and the religious aspect. I think TLP should be consulted anyway for more street power in Karachi. Win or not, TLP has a huge followership in Karachi and can mobilize people in Lahore.

Yes. Those were different times. Lots of young high on testosterone kids with strong ideological belief duking it out. And people think PTI youth is over the top. You ain’t seen nothing, Lol.

Lots of unpleasant and pleasant memories from the days at Karachi University in mid 80s! Lots of them. Jamaatis, MQM, PSF, NSF and various other ethnic student organizations--Pashtun, Baloch. They were ALL technically banned by Zia ul Haq but they functioned nonetheless. One day, a slaughter right on the Karachi University campus. The Rangers were then deployed by the then Governor of Sindh (Fakhruddin Ibrahim--very noble guy!!)--I heard him say on the TV: 'Drastic situations require equally drastic measures'.
The PSF, the Jamaatis, and the MQM were the most ideological/violent student wings. MQM took after the Jamaatis, just like I think PTI has taken after the Noonies (I know, the forum doesn't like me saying that!).

Pakistan may face more economic misery if election result unclear​

Feb 10, 20:38
The possibility of a political stalemate in Pakistan leading to delays in both reforms and crucial foreign funding has sparked a selloff in its international bonds and fuelled analysts' fears of further economic misery for the country.

Results coming in from Thursday's election saw an unexpectedly strong showing for independents - mostly supporters of jailed former prime minister Imran Khan - trailed by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) and the Pakistan Peoples Party of Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari.

Sharif has already claimed victory, but his party remains far short of the necessary number of seats to form a government on its own.

The election, which was itself much delayed, comes at a pivotal moment.

Pakistan is in an economic crisis, with dwindling foreign currency reserves that will be further strained by a $1 billion bond payment due in two months, while its $3 billion funding programme with the International Monetary Fund expires on April 12.

"Pakistan will be entering into more severe political and economic instability if no party emerges with a simple majority," said Sajid Amin of the Sustainable Development Policy Institute, a former adviser to the ministry of finance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back