• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Pakistan Navy | News & Discussions

Awwad

Jan 17, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
there was alot of delays, last summer when i was at ksew they were in the us working out some issues

I see. What do you think KSEW lacks ? That it had to do collaborate with another firm for design / production of a gunboat? Why didn't do it solo?

Secondly, do they really plan to produce 20 of these ? If yes then perhaps needs to do parallel production otherwise its going to take forever.

I thought all sales were suspended by the USA.

Yes all sales of advance weapons suspended. The boat literally has nothing that would have required congress approval. Its just ordinary small size boat. All the guns onboard are either going to be italian / turkish or local.

arslank01

Feb 5, 2022
What do you think KSEW lacks
nothing, KSEW doesnt design, they build the designs. They dont even fit weapons and sensors, PN dockyard does, all KSEW does is construction of the hull.
That it had to do collaborate with another firm for design
Honestly, no clue, NRDI should be more than capable of designing its own hulls after decades of experience with others, though, NRDI is also extremely secretive so we wont know. They did toy with that midget sub which has now vanished.
Secondly, do they really plan to produce 20 of these ? If yes then perhaps needs to do parallel production otherwise its going to take forever.
yeah i think they're going to be produced in parallel- though, as mentioned, just a year ago it was at a standstill due to some issues needing to be worked out.

Though, personally i dont get the idea behind this decision, these are not small ships, theres no reason for them not to be up armed with AShM's etc, other than cost, theyre very lightly armed for their size

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

PakDefOSINT

@PakDefTeam
Mar 14

latest Google Earth shows the two Babur Class Corvettes going through a refit and some construction outside of the dried dock (L), while three of the four #TughrilClass Frigates docked in Karachi (R).
Can anyone point out the ship with the radome?

Dreamer

Apr 1, 2018

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Griffon Hovercraft 8100TD - Pakistan Navy.
An amphibious, all-terrain logistical workhorse.
- 10,000 kg Payload
- Vehicle Transport Capability
- 1.25m Obstacle Clarence
- Marine Grade Aluminium

1713277784946.png

Pakistan Ka Beta

Aug 7, 2019
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

China PLA Navy invited Lt Cdr Salman Afzal Minhas to participate in Military Dialogue​

Last edited:

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Chief of the Naval Staff Adm Naveed Ashraf visited China ..

Users who are viewing this thread