Pakistani Food

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Famous Pakistani Food

Pakistani cuisine is very rich with flavors and spices. Because of the shared history, it resembles quite much to Indian food. Here, some famous foods and beverages of Pakistan are listed:

1. Breads
  2. Entree
  3. Bar-b-Que
  4. Deserts
  5. Beverages
1. Breads:

i: Tandoori Naan (Garlic naan, mint naan, plain butter naan):

ii: Paratha (Oily bread):

iii: Poori (Thin fluffy bread):

2. Main dishes / entrée :

i: Biryani:

ii: Pulao:

iii: Qorma:

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Pakistani Street Food - The BEST CHICKEN BIRYANI! Karachi​

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What are Kebabs?

Kebab (also known as kebap, kabab, kebob, kabob, kibob, kebhav, kephav, qabab) is one of my favorite dishes. I like to have them with arabic bread but at times I have them with chappatis and rice too. Kebab is a meat dish which originated in Persia and now is famous all over the world. There are many varieties of kebabs available. Even though kebabs are usually made out of lamb, I prefer chicken. Kebab in persian means ‘fried meat’.

Chapli kabab

A delicacy from KPK province – marinated beef in spices and deep fried flat

1702339911378.png

Lola kabab/Gola kabab
– rolled meatballs originating in Peshawar and Kandahar

Seekh kabab

img_4855.jpg

– prepared with minced meat with spices and grilled on skewers. It is cooked in a Tandoor, and is often served with chutneys or mint sauce. It is often included in tandoori sampler platters, which contain a variety of tandoor cooked dishes. A seekh kebab can also be served in a naan bread much like döner kebab. Seekh kebabs are part of the traditional Pakistani diet.

Shami Kabab

DSCN0585.JPG

Made of minced meat, with paste of lentils and chopped onion and coriander and green chillies usually added to the mixture, which is kneaded in a disc-like shape and fried. Best results are obtained when fried ghee. In some places, a binding agent is used to keep the kabab together.

Tandoori chicken Kebab

MK-1194.jpg

– chunks or strips of meat marina

Chicken Malai Tikka

maxresdefault.jpg

– chunks or strips of chicken marinated in a white yoghurt and garlic sauce and grilled

Reshami kebab
– minced chicken adequately seasoned and then barbecued on a charcoal grill

Bihari kebab
– chunks or strips of lean beef, marinated in a spicy yoghurt/chilli marinade and tenderized to perfection before slowly grilled on a charcoal flame

Chicken_Tikka.jpg

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Karachi Bun Kabab...

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1705274492161.png

Last edited:

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Raan Masala Dar Recipe

➡

Ingredients:

Mutton/Lamb leg 1 (2 ½ kg)
Yogurt 2 cups
Salt to taste
Onion 2 (sliced)
Green chilies 4
Ginger paste 2 tbsp
Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Papaya paste 4 tbsp
Ground almond 4 tbsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 2 tsp
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Cumin powder 2 tsp
Oil ¼ cup
Roasted almonds and raisins for garnish

➡

Cooking Directions:

Clean lamb leg and remove fats. Apply cuts on leg.
Apply ½ cup yogurt and salt on lamb leg and leave for 30 minutes. In blender jug put ½ cup yogurt, onion, green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, papaya paste, ground almond, red chili powder, garam masala powder, black pepper, coriander powder, cumin powder and oil. Blend everything until smooth. Pour mixture in a bowl and mix remaining yogurt. Apply mixture on leg, fill inside the cuts. Shift lamb in greased pyrex dish, pour remaining batter on leg. Cover with almonium foil and leave for marination overnight. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for one hour. After one hour turn the side and bake until tender and water dries. Garnish with roasted almonds and raisins and serve.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread