Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Hi,

It is not that simple---.

Feb 27th changed everything---.

India has to upgrade all their fighter aircraft and dump many of them---.

You don't see that part---????
Mastan Bhai, Zia Sahab is referring to the ZDK's not the Saab's

All engnrs warned mushi not to divide the saab deal and he got upset

Amongst the military arms seem army has always had hotheads
Hi,

Mushy also was going for the J10's as well.

If it was upto him---we would be having all J10's and no JF17's-----and that would have been a brilliant decision.

Our air force would have been way way ahead of where it is today---.

Last edited:
Hi,
Main reason at the time of acquiring ZDk was
Supplier was under immense pressure from india, in case their fighter will be selected for IAF
Which at the end doesn’t work out for Gripen,
So Pakistan have no choice to look out for ZDk
Another thought is are we having link 17 working with SAAB now coz at that time they were not happy to let Chinese system integrate into their awacs
Now as PAF is having J10 & JF blk3 with PL15 I believe SAAB awacs are doing the job properly
I don’t know why we think Chinese awacs are junk, at the end Chinese are looking into USAF as compare to might IAF for us
So I believe their awacs are up to date though might be better than SAAB though we might not have that one with us
Thank you

Hi,
Supplier was under immense pressure from india, in case their fighter will be selected for IAF
Another thought is are we having link 17 working with SAAB now coz at that time they were not happy to let Chinese system integrate into their awacs
Now as PAF is having J10 & JF blk3 with PL15 I believe SAAB awacs are doing the job properly
I don’t know why we think Chinese awacs are junk, at the end Chinese are looking into USAF as compare to might IAF for us
So I believe their awacs are up to date though might be better than SAAB though we might not have that one with us
Thank you
Hi,

Thanks for the reminder---.

So many issues at that time with the swedes---till we were able to re-build the saab surveillance aircraft.

The indians f--kd the swedes so hard at that time and till now that they have not been able to even breath freely---the biggest blunders that the swedes have made---.

They forgot the bird in hand and started chasing the bird in the bush---.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thank you
When we bought them, they were not that good. Also, now as we have integrated all our jets into Link 17 and SAAB can coordinate with all of them we have decided to stick to one type and go for more SAAB. I am also now expecting to our Air Force to go for GlobalEye. I think that should natural progression at least 4 to 6 of them.

Hi,
Thank you
Wrong supplier was under pressure later not Intially
They would have honored the deal

The reason was mushi he decided to renegade

Hi,

If it was upto him---we would be having all J10's and no JF17's-----and that would have been a brilliant decision.

How would not co developing a fighterjet and just buying it off the shelf with unreliable engine(at that time) was a good move

Just because 10 years later China was able to ..(was able) perfect the engine doesn't mean it was a good deal

Imagine if China wants able to perfect the engine...paf would have its paints down then since obviously Russian would never approved that advance engine anyway

Hi,

There are only 4 ZDK-03s in the world,and you can image that how hard and how high the cost is to maintain then for AVIC.

Hi,
Thank you
where`s the guarantee that swedes wont block any future supplies? especially that they are deep within the american camp?

Hi,

Thanks for the reminder---.

So many issues at that time with the swedes---till we were able to re-build the saab surveillance aircraft.

The indians f--kd the swedes so hard at that time and till now that they have not been able to even breath freely---the biggest blunders that the swedes have made---.

They forgot the bird in hand and started chasing the bird in the bush---.

It wasn't just the swedes the indian f----ked - it was most of western europe. The only one that had some "payoff" was France with Rafale sales.

Pakistan has moved to self build, turkish and chinese systems. So - Europes struggling defence industry as a whole has lost out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back