Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

I don't know what the point of this invasion... what goal does Ukraine have? If it’s to get Russian forces or a good chunk of them to redeploy to Kursk I hope they have a way to return back to Ukraine quickly without losing a lot. Part of thinks that they likely have a couple, or more, Patriot launchers that were able to move right at the border and are covering the army because if not this is a stupid move and once Russian scrape up fighters for air to ground missions it's going to look ugly.
What do you expect?

I am not military expert but I don’t think war is a one way street. the russians can invade, killing, destroy, raping then demand the other side does nothing.

It’s imperative Ukraine army can kill and disable more russian soldiers than replacement rate. Also, imperative to bring the war to Russia.

I don't know what the point of this invasion... what goal does Ukraine have? If its to get Russian forces or a good chunk of them to redeploy to Kursk I hope they have a way to return back to Ukraine quickly without losing a lot. Part of thinks that they likely have a couple, or more, Patriot launchers that were able to move right at the border and are covering the army because if not this is a stupid move and once Russian scrape up fighters for air to ground missions it's going to look ugly.
It has to do with Kharkiv.

Launching an advance that far (some suggested they make 20km into Russia, that would mean they make more progress in Russia in 1 day than the Russian made in Ukraine in the last 2 months). Means only 2 things. Either

1.) Ukraine is doing a massive Brigade size Recon-in-Force
2.) Ukraine is aiming to break off Russian troop build-up in the region since May as reported.

If it was 1. Then their ultimate goal is to harass the Russian troop and try to determine their troop strength in the area, and gain more intel, something very specific to have launch an recon-in-force like that.

If it was 2. Then it basically a security operation, where they went in and clear some Russian defence pocket, stop them from getting into formation to attack Sumy or to interdict manpower or supplies into Kharkiv offensive.

But some analyst suggesting they are taking those town (They took Sudzha at least) in order to trade them with Russia, that's very unlikely.

It has to do with Kharkiv.

Launching an advance that far (some suggested they make 20km into Russia, that would mean they make more progress in Russia in 1 day than the Russian made in Ukraine in the last 2 months). Means only 2 things. Either

1.) Ukraine is doing a massive Brigade size Recon-in-Force
2.) Ukraine is aiming to break off Russian troop build-up in the region since May as reported.

If it was 1. Then their ultimate goal is to harass the Russian troop and try to determine their troop strength in the area, and gain more intel, something very specific to have launch an recon-in-force like that.

If it was 2. Then it basically a security operation, where they went in and clear some Russian defence pocket, stop them from getting into formation to attack Sumy or to interdict manpower or supplies into Kharkiv offensive.

But some analyst suggesting they are taking those town (They took Sudzha at least) in order to trade them with Russia, that's very unlikely.
Well, the russians are too busy with 3 day special military operations in Ukraine. Russia is unprotected. almost the entire Russia land army is in Ukraine. if Estonian 6,500 men army invades Russia now they can reach Moscow.
A German news media says Ukraine attacking arny group consists of 2 brigades. German tanks are involved in the incursion.

1723122959239.png

Well, the russians are too busy with 3 day special military operations in Ukraine. Russia is unprotected. almost the entire Russia land army is in Ukraine. if Estonian 6,500 men army invades Russia now they can reach Moscow.
A German news media says Ukraine attacking arny group consists of 2 brigades. German tanks are involved in the incursion.
What are they waiting for to do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back