Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

I'm talking about the report that Syrsky gave, where there were interception numbers for each missile and drone launched by Russia:

The real interception number is between 25-40%. A far cry from the lie told by the West and Ukraine.

As for the rest, I'll refrain from commenting because I'm a bit impatient and it's far from the real discussion here, which is the number of interceptions and Ukraine's false claims.
You mean this??

1724671540741.png

It stated that 13997 drone was launched and 9272 was intercepted......

And 9427 missile (of all type) were launched, and 2429 missile was intercepted.

I mean, you can dispute his figure but that's what it said, but it wasn't a "lie" per se

Last edited:
You mean this??

View attachment 61189

I mean, you can dispute his figure but that's what it said, but it wasn't a "lie" per se
Do you have any difficulty interpreting text? I am commenting that the numbers released by Syrsky corroborate those who doubted the ZSU's statement, where the notes released on the internet stated that the interception rate was between 70-90%, which contrasts sharply with what Syrsky reported. Is this so difficult to understand?

You mean this??

View attachment 61189

Excellent percentage and efficiency of russian missiles penetration and debunked propaganda from the beginning of the war.

Do you have any difficulty interpreting text? I am commenting that the numbers released by Syrsky corroborate those who doubted the ZSU's statement, where the notes released on the internet stated that the interception rate was between 70-90%, which contrasts sharply with what Syrsky reported. Is this so difficult to understand?
It is because he was on propaganda bandvagon from since war started and how patriots made ukrainian cities safe.

The drone is close to 70 (9272/13997 = 68%) and I don't think Ukraine ever claim missile interception rate is over 70-90% recently, in fact, back in May 2024, Kyiv Post claim the missile interception rate is as low as 30%

Ukraine's Missile Interception Rate Falls to 30% Amid Surge in Russian Attacks​

The only thing I can find online is that Ukraine claim rate is 70% during late 2022/ early 2023. Which would suggest so by the aforementioned Kyiv Post article as it claim the previous 6 months is 46% (article was written in May 14, 2024) and 73% in the preceding 6 months, which pushes the time frame to early 2023.

Again, you can dispute that data, saying it was never 73% to begin with, but I don't see how Srysky "lies" when the data correspond with the Kyiv Post article made 3 months before that briefing..

Last edited:
It is because he was on propaganda bandvagon from since war started and how patriots made ukrainian cities safe.
This interception rate varies from time to time, from zone to zone. That’s war, that’s how the war progresses.
Ukraine will learn to adapt to russian air assault attacks. The russians will learn to explore loopholes in Ukraine air defense.
Putin’s zombies will use more expensive Iskander missiles, overusing strategic bombers.
But there is a limit.
At some point those Soviet bombers are overused and must be replaced. Good luck. Russia under Putin regime is well known for crashing own civil aircraft.

Excellent percentage and efficiency of russian missiles penetration and debunked propaganda from the beginning of the war.
Then I will say you know something we all don't, and I have been in Ukraine 3 times now.

Look, if you ask me, the number seems fudge, I don't think anyone, not even the US, can intercept drone at that rate, but again, I don't have any data to refute it, but I will tell you all these data is pointless, the only data that count in this war is the progress Russia made, they can have 100% or 0% interception of all Russia missile, drone or spit, that wouldn't matter, how far Russia progress is the issue that count, and I will say only issue that counts.

And that number aren't good. You are talking about average 1100 meters a week. How do we know that? We know Russian took Avdiivka in Feb 17 this year, and the westernmost advance today for Russia is at Novohrodivka. That's 19 miles/31km since Feb, 31 km in 27 weeks. That's 1 km a week......At this rate, you are looking at 15 years to capture the entire donbas (they still have around 16,000 square kilometer to go)

This interception rate varies from time to time, from zone to zone. That’s war, that’s how the war progresses.
Ukraine will learn to adapt to russian air assault attacks. The russians will learn to explore loopholes in Ukraine air defense.
Putin’s zombies will use more expensive Iskander missiles, overusing strategic bombers.
But there is a limit.
At some point those Soviet bombers are overused and must be replaced. Good luck. Russia under Putin regime is well known for crashing own civil aircraft.

If they continue to adapt like this, russians will have hardship to find proper targets. If that is success then ok.

Then I will say you know something we all don't, and I have been in Ukraine 3 times now.

Look, if you ask me, the number seems fudge, I don't think anyone, not even the US, can intercept drone at that rate, but again, I don't have any data to refute it, but I will tell you all these data is pointless, the only data that count in this war is the progress Russia made, they can have 100% or 0% interception of all Russia missile, drone or spit, that wouldn't matter, how far Russia progress is the issue that count, and I will say only issue that counts.

And that number aren't good. You are talking about average 1100 meters a week. How do we know that? We know Russian took Avdiivka in Feb 17 this year, and the westernmost advance today for Russia is at Novohrodivka. That's 19 miles/31km since Feb, 31 km in 27 weeks. That's 1 km a week......At this rate, you are looking at 15 years to capture the entire donbas (they still have around 16,000 square kilometer to go)
Now it fastened much, uaf is on the ropes in donbas. Goal of russians is to degrade and destroy as much is possible uaf combat capabilities and they do that, timeline is less important, for illustration what i am saying on last exchange of dead soldiers there was seven times more of uaf ones and that is clear indicator who has upper hand in war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back