Russia-Ukraine War - News, Discussions & Updates

Now it fastened much, uaf is on the ropes in donbas. Goal of russians is to degrade and destroy as much is possible uaf combat capabilities and they do that, timeline is less important, for illustration what i am saying on last exchange of dead soldiers there was seven times more of uaf ones and that is clear indicator who has upper hand in war.
Unless Russia had resource and power to operate at peak level for the next decade, timeline is important.

On the other hand, judging by the fact that Russia was not able to breakthrough at as hasten pace since Kursk incursion, I would say the activity level remain the same. Again, this is not the first week of the Kursk incursion, we are on the 3 week mark (It was started on the 6th) if there are exploit in the line, the Russian would already had took it and already ran away with it.

As for who had advantage on this? I don't know, if there are any advantage for the Russian on this, it wasn't reflected in the actual battle. On the other hand, if Ukraine did lose 7 times the troop, then either Russian troop is extremely poorly organised or extremely inept to not be able to roll back Ukrainian incursion 3 weeks down, you are claiming 7 times losses.

Again, any number in this war is not important, the only number that's important is how far did Russia made, and as I said, that number is not good.

Unless Russia had resource and power to operate at peak level for the next decade, timeline is important.

On the other hand, judging by the fact that Russia was not able to breakthrough at as hasten pace since Kursk incursion, I would say the activity level remain the same. Again, this is not the first week of the Kursk incursion, we are on the 3 week mark (It was started on the 6th) if there are exploit in the line, the Russian would already had took it and already ran away with it.

As for who had advantage on this? I don't know, if there are any advantage for the Russian on this, it wasn't reflected in the actual battle. On the other hand, if Ukraine did lose 7 times the troop, then either Russian troop is extremely poorly organised or extremely inept to not be able to roll back Ukrainian incursion 3 weeks down, you are claiming 7 times losses.

Again, any number in this war is not important, the only number that's important is how far did Russia made, and as I said, that number is not good.
It is pretty obvious despite western support that they have much more resources then their opponent. For rest of the post follow the Pokrovsk and afterwards domino efect.

It is pretty obvious despite western support that they have much more resources then their opponent. For rest of the post follow the Pokrovsk and afterwards domino efect.
Umm......just because you say that does not mean it was true. In fact, the Russian advance around 4 km from their starting point since August 6. Which is largely the same as average Russian advance per week. So it is not at all obivous. Unless you call that 300-400 meters per weeks are nominal gain......

If you compared to Ukrainian progress in Kursk, the same progress between Aug 6 til now, Ukraine advances across 45 km in Kursk with an average dept of 13 km

And Prokrovsk is still 10 mile from Novohrodivka (And Russian aren't completely thru Novohrodivka) which mean its 12-13 weeks away before Russia able to reach it. I don't see any domino effect there, I mean, sure it was a supply base, but it only work if you take it this or next week, if you give the Ukrainian 13 weeks to evacuate Prokrovsk, it wouldn't be a supply base anymore if they are able to move those store, it would just be some village that have a cross road that run over.

On the other hand, Russia is making a single axis advance, that's very risky because unless they go sideway and cover their flank, they are going to get outflanked. Which mean at some time in the next 2 or 3 months, they can't keep going West, they have to secure their flank.

Last edited:
Footage of the Russian kamikaze drone "Lancet-51" striking a Ukrainian T-64BV tank. The video was filmed on August 11 in the village of Cherkasskoye Porechny, Kursk region of Russia. The video is unique in that the drone strike was filmed by the Ukrainian and Russian armies simultaneously. At first glance, the Ukrainian T-64BV tank withstood the drone strike, apparently due to the tank's net protection, but after moving forward, it stopped and a fire started inside. It is unknown whether the crew managed to leave the tank, but as a result of the fire and detonation of ammunition, the tank was completely destroyed.

If they continue to adapt like this, russians will have hardship to find proper targets. If that is success then ok.
This terror bombing by the russians will have no military impact. The US/UK bombers bombed Germany to ashes, Japan, too in WW2. did they surrender? No. The latter only gave up after 2 nukes. Will Putin use nukes?

The only thing Putin achieves in Ukraine is more hatred. More bombs more hatred on the russians.

This terror bombing by the russians will have no military impact. The US/UK bombers bombed Germany to ashes, Japan, too in WW2. did they surrender? No. The latter only gave up after 2 nukes. Will Putin use nukes?

The only thing Putin achieves in Ukraine is more hatred. More bombs more hatred on the russians.
Terror has always impact on mood among civilians for war and divert valuable resources.

Terror has always impact on mood among civilians for war and divert valuable resources.
Putin wants to turn Ukraine into darkness. That’s not new. Hitler wanted to turn USSR into grave yard, making place for new german settlers. Putin wants to become Peter the great but it turns out he just becomes another nazi fanatic.

Umm......just because you say that does not mean it was true. In fact, the Russian advance around 4 km from their starting point since August 6. Which is largely the same as average Russian advance per week. So it is not at all obivous. Unless you call that 300-400 meters per weeks are nominal gain......

If you compared to Ukrainian progress in Kursk, the same progress between Aug 6 til now, Ukraine advances across 45 km in Kursk with an average dept of 13 km

And Prokrovsk is still 10 mile from Novohrodivka (And Russian aren't completely thru Novohrodivka) which mean its 12-13 weeks away before Russia able to reach it. I don't see any domino effect there, I mean, sure it was a supply base, but it only work if you take it this or next week, if you give the Ukrainian 13 weeks to evacuate Prokrovsk, it wouldn't be a supply base anymore if they are able to move those store, it would just be some village that have a cross road that run over.

On the other hand, Russia is making a single axis advance, that's very risky because unless they go sideway and cover their flank, they are going to get outflanked. Which mean at some time in the next 2 or 3 months, they can't keep going West, they have to secure their flank.
I said after Pokrovsk, they will conquer it around October if something dramatically not happens.
Kursk goals are totally unrealistic for uaf and it is contained with roll over moments right now, waste of men power and equipment which is badly needed on main front.

I said after Pokrovsk, they will conquer it around October if something dramatically not happens.
Kursk goals are totally unrealistic for uaf and it is contained with roll over moments right now, waste of men power and equipment which is badly needed on main front.
huh? October? That 5 to 9 weeks away, they won't even get there, again, they aren't even fully over Novohrodivka. Again, after that, then what? Do you expect a complete collapse of Ukrainian front??

Again, if they are making 1000 meters before and now only making 1300 meters these 3 weeks, that's not a lot of gain in momentum (you are talking about 30% max).....You aren't talking about Russian suddenly made 2000 meters or 2.5km a week, that progress largely remain the same, the only different is Russia loses part of Kursk with it in the last 3 weeks.

huh? October? That 5 to 9 weeks away, they won't even get there, again, they aren't even fully over Novohrodivka. Again, after that, then what? Do you expect a complete collapse of Ukrainian front??

Again, if they are making 1000 meters before and now only making 1300 meters these 3 weeks, that's not a lot of gain in momentum (you are talking about 30% max).....You aren't talking about Russian suddenly made 2000 meters or 2.5km a week, that progress largely remain the same, the only different is Russia loses part of Kursk with it in the last 3 weeks.

This glacial Pokrovsk push by Russia is also way overhyped. The Ukrainians have developed different logistics routes by this point and for Russia to control the Donbas they still need to take Sloviansk, Kramatorsk, Chasiv Yar etc. Which they still aren’t close to taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back