Saudi Arabia Armed forces

Zarvan

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
J-15 is not for export or it needs Russian authorization.. for heavy fighter the choice is clear either the SU-35 or the F-15.. nothing more on the Market..The FC-31 is medium weight like the Rafale..
If China wants they can get J-15 or J-16. Russia won't stop the sale. Saudis have enough leverage to do it.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
J-15 is not for export or it needs Russian authorization.. for heavy fighter the choice is clear either the SU-35 or the F-15.. nothing more on the Market..The FC-31 is medium weight like the Rafale..

Yep, that's the main problem, a heavy fighter is essential and there really is nothing out there besides the Su-35S and the F-15EX. And the EX is most likely off limits to Egypt so it might just be refurbished Strike Es.

And speaking of F-15s, if we take Ramses' point about the zionist knowing everything about it and all that -- which is certainly very valid -- there's still a huge element of danger in possessing that aircraft. If we think about how the US issues all those usage restrictions strictly for the sake of the zionists, such as not basing them in Tabrook close to Israel and that was also one of the major conditions to the Egyptian offer that SIPRI article listed (no bases anywhere near the Sinai and even far from Cairo West I think), that means that they still think there is huge danger in using those aircraft against the zionist entity. And that them knowing much about it plays a minimal role. That's my take on it since everything seems to point in that direction.

But then it brings me back to the Rafale and possibly the Typhoon. Really the best option would be to work with France, despite its ties with the US and UK and NATO, there is considerable tension with regard to weapons export ever since the Australian submarine contract got shanked from France by the US. And now this story about the guy who stole the computers from Dassault or whatever. Take that tension and use it to our advantage. Whether it be with the Meteor and a JV contract to produce a variant in Egypt or Saudiya similar to the SCALP/STORM SHADOW/BLACH SHAHEEN and maybe call it Osiris or Cleopatra lol or whatever. But take this opportunity and make a domestic option and take it from there. Even push EDGE to finish developing the supposed A2A missile they can add to the success of Al-Tariq and start mounting these weapons in place of the restricted exports. They really need to make a drastic move on this.

But I like Ramses' alternative of stacking up on Rafales, but especially the Typhoon. Man I love that bird. I even think it slightly surpasses the Rafale TBH with you. As potent as the Rafale is, the EFT gives it a run for its money, and it even looks sexier IMO. I'm totally enamored by that plane and would be ecstatic if the EAF every pulled off a deal for even just 24 Tranche 3s.

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yep, that's the main problem, a heavy fighter is essential and there really is nothing out there besides the Su-35S and the F-15EX. And the EX is most likely off limits to Egypt so it might just be refurbished Strike Es.

And speaking of F-15s, if we take Ramses' point about the zionist knowing everything about it and all that -- which is certainly very valid -- there's still a huge element of danger in possessing that aircraft. If we think about how the US issues all those usage restrictions strictly for the sake of the zionists, such as not basing them in Tabrook close to Israel and that was also one of the major conditions to the Egyptian offer that SIPRI article listed (no bases anywhere near the Sinai and even far from Cairo West I think), that means that they still think there is huge danger in using those aircraft against the zionist entity. And that them knowing much about it plays a minimal role. That's my take on it since everything seems to point in that direction.

But then it brings me back to the Rafale and possibly the Typhoon. Really the best option would be to work with France, despite its ties with the US and UK and NATO, there is considerable tension with regard to weapons export ever since the Australian submarine contract got shanked from France by the US. And now this story about the guy who stole the computers from Dassault or whatever. Take that tension and use it to our advantage. Whether it be with the Meteor and a JV contract to produce a variant in Egypt or Saudiya similar to the SCALP/STORM SHADOW/BLACH SHAHEEN and maybe call it Osiris or Cleopatra lol or whatever. But take this opportunity and make a domestic option and take it from there. Even push EDGE to finish developing the supposed A2A missile they can add to the success of Al-Tariq and start mounting these weapons in place of the restricted exports. They really need to make a drastic move on this.

But I like Ramses' alternative of stacking up on Rafales, but especially the Typhoon. Man I love that bird. I even think it slightly surpasses the Rafale TBH with you. As potent as the Rafale is, the EFT gives it a run for its money, and it even looks sexier IMO. I'm totally enamored by that plane and would be ecstatic if the EAF every pulled off a deal for even just 24 Tranche 3s.
Talk about sexy..

1714543748892.jpeg

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If China wants they can get J-15 or J-16. Russia won't stop the sale. Saudis have enough leverage to do it.

Why do you think that China can break a major license-copy-export contractual agreement with Russia?

If it has an agreement to license build copies of the Su-27 and Su-33 and strict, no-export clauses in that agreement, I'm not sure it would risk breaking such a contract even for a lucrative Saudi or even not so lucrative Egyptian export deal.

Feb 26, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I’d imagine if it needs Russian authorization then they wouldn’t hold up on it. Depending on how much you can save for a 5 th gen aircraft you can make due without heavy aircraft’s for some time

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I’d imagine if it needs Russian authorization then they wouldn’t hold up on it. Depending on how much you can save for a 5 th gen aircraft you can make due without heavy aircraft’s for some time

That's another good point by you, sir. Skip the 4++ gen and jump right into the 5th.

Saudiya is up to no good in that department, I think. Behind the scenes they're plotting and scheming and shnizing for some huge deal involving a domestic ToT 5th gen. Be it from China, Russia, Turkey, Korean, UK or even Japan. Something tells me they're up to something.

Even the UAE has been exploring the Checkmate with Russia. That entire promotional video for the unveiling was UAE theatrics. They're even up to no good lol.

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Strengthening military cooperation between Saudi Arabia and France...talks to buy “Rafale” aircraft
2024-05-02

1714974295292.jpeg

Within the framework of enhancing military cooperation between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France, the Assistant Minister of Defense made an official visit to France, during which he met with a number of senior French officials. The visit included an inspection field tour of Dassault Aviation and Naval Group.

During the visit, the Assistant Minister of Defense met with his French counterpart, and they discussed ways to enhance military cooperation between the two countries, especially in the areas of technical and industrial cooperation, knowledge transfer and capabilities development.

The Assistant Minister of Defense also met with a number of senior officials in the French Ministry of Defense, and his counterparts in the French military institutions, and during the meetings a number of topics of common interest were discussed.

The Assistant Minister of Defense was keen to visit Dassault Aviation, one of the largest international companies in the field of manufacturing military aircraft, and saw closely the company’s latest advanced technologies in this field.

The Assistant Minister of Defense also visited the shipyard and submarine building of Naval Group, one of the leading companies in the field of manufacturing military ships and submarines, and learned about the company’s latest projects in this field.

This visit comes within the framework of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s keenness to strengthen its strategic relations with the Republic of France, especially in the military field. France is one of the Kingdom's most important partners in the field of armaments, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has previously requested a quote for French “Rafale” aircraft.

Reliable media sources reported that there are serious talks between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France regarding Riyadh’s purchase of French “Rafale” fighters.

The French newspaper “La Tribune” reported that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is in talks with France in order to purchase up to 100 or more modern Rafale fighters.

The French Minister of the Armed Forces, Sebastien Le Cornu, confirmed the veracity of this news during a press conference last year, without going into additional details, justifying this by saying that he was “not authorized to comment to the press” about the course of these talks.

This visit is a clear indication of the depth of the strategic relations between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France, and the keenness of the two countries to enhance cooperation in various fields, especially in the military field, in a way that contributes to achieving security and stability in the region.

1714974986930.jpeg

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Strengthening military cooperation between Saudi Arabia and France...talks to buy “Rafale” aircraft
2024-05-02

View attachment 38399

Within the framework of enhancing military cooperation between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France, the Assistant Minister of Defense made an official visit to France, during which he met with a number of senior French officials. The visit included an inspection field tour of Dassault Aviation and Naval Group.

During the visit, the Assistant Minister of Defense met with his French counterpart, and they discussed ways to enhance military cooperation between the two countries, especially in the areas of technical and industrial cooperation, knowledge transfer and capabilities development.

The Assistant Minister of Defense also met with a number of senior officials in the French Ministry of Defense, and his counterparts in the French military institutions, and during the meetings a number of topics of common interest were discussed.

The Assistant Minister of Defense was keen to visit Dassault Aviation, one of the largest international companies in the field of manufacturing military aircraft, and saw closely the company’s latest advanced technologies in this field.

The Assistant Minister of Defense also visited the shipyard and submarine building of Naval Group, one of the leading companies in the field of manufacturing military ships and submarines, and learned about the company’s latest projects in this field.

This visit comes within the framework of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s keenness to strengthen its strategic relations with the Republic of France, especially in the military field. France is one of the Kingdom's most important partners in the field of armaments, as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has previously requested a quote for French “Rafale” aircraft.

Reliable media sources reported that there are serious talks between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France regarding Riyadh’s purchase of French “Rafale” fighters.

The French newspaper “La Tribune” reported that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is in talks with France in order to purchase up to 100 or more modern Rafale fighters.

The French Minister of the Armed Forces, Sebastien Le Cornu, confirmed the veracity of this news during a press conference last year, without going into additional details, justifying this by saying that he was “not authorized to comment to the press” about the course of these talks.

This visit is a clear indication of the depth of the strategic relations between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Republic of France, and the keenness of the two countries to enhance cooperation in various fields, especially in the military field, in a way that contributes to achieving security and stability in the region.

View attachment 38401

If Saudi too orders rafales then imagine joint Egypt-Saudi ariel might over suez and red sea.....my God what a nightmare for any country to challenge them......

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Part of the joint exercise “Al-Samsam 9” maneuvers carried out by the #Land_Forces and the Pakistani Army in the northern region

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If Saudi too orders rafales then imagine joint Egypt-Saudi ariel might over suez and red sea.....my God what a nightmare for any country to challenge them......

And not just Saudiya ordering Rafales, they're looking at buying at least 100 if not more lol. MashAllah and with the UAE's 80 also, it's Rafale heaven. :giggle: Add Saudi's 270 F-15s most of them are the latest SE versions plus 72 Rafales oh ma goodness.

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
And not just Saudiya ordering Rafales, they're looking at buying at least 100 if not more lol. MashAllah and with the UAE's 80 also, it's Rafale heaven. :giggle: Add Saudi's 270 F-15s most of them are the latest SE versions plus 72 Rafales oh ma goodness.
Agreed..... have to say Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE have always been lucky to have an access to most sophisticated western technology since decades....

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Final Six F-15Es Return From Jordan With Nose Arts And Drone Kill Markings https://theaviationist.com/2024/05/11/final-six-f-15e-nose-arts/

Fatman, why would you put this here in the Saudi Armed Forces thread? USAF F-15E Strike Eagles flying out of Jordan have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia whatsoever.

Not sure if it was a mistake on your part and you meant to put it in the Jordanian Armed Forces thread or what. As a matter of fact, it has nothing to do even with Jordanian Armed Forces either. Either way, it doesn't belong.

Fatman17

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Apr 24, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Fatman, why would you put this here in the Saudi Armed Forces thread? USAF F-15E Strike Eagles flying out of Jordan have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia whatsoever.

Not sure if it was a mistake on your part and you meant to put it in the Jordanian Armed Forces thread or what. As a matter of fact, it has nothing to do even with Jordanian Armed Forces either. Either way, it doesn't belong.
My bad.

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Typhoon Helmet, “The technological mind of the Saudi pilot"
It can make the difference between life and death.
The helmet is fully digital, providing the pilot with a television view of the battlefield that enables the pilot to track several air targets, locking them, selecting the most important target, and engaging with a “voice command”..
All Typhoon sensors and systems are synchronized with the helmet..

1715484406980.jpeg

It allows the pilot to "see" through the fuselage, giving him a vital advantage when it comes up by making decisions in fractions of a second

1715484460718.jpeg

The helmet monitors the pilot's vital signs: Oxygen flow - heart rate - pressure

It also helps in making decisions and gives the pilot audio and video information about targets, the enemy missiles' speed, height, and direction are very precise!

1715484544710.png

Specifically designed for comfort and balance, the helmet is made to measure for each pilot, because it must fit perfectly and to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed, the pilot's head is scanned using a laser for size and shape and then developing a 3D model of it..The interior lining is comfortably crafted from Italian leather..

1715484660814.jpeg

1715484685798.jpeg

https://www.baesystems.com/en/product/typhoon-helmet

1715484772068.png

1715484791778.png

The F-15 has its own equivalent..

1715484896674.jpeg

AH-64 Apache
1715484938600.jpeg

1715484963916.gif

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Specifically designed for comfort and balance, the helmet is made to measure for each pilot, because it must fit perfectly and to ensure that the weight is evenly distributed, the pilot's head is scanned using a laser for size and shape and then developing a 3D model of it..The interior lining is comfortably crafted from Italian leather..

"Italian leather" woahooo! Yeah, baby! :D
It's the Ferrari of fighter pilot helmets! Outstanding.

Now bro, do you know if the Saudi EFT2000 has the ground-collision avoidance system? I'm sure it has the ground proximity warning system as most advanced fighters do, but I was curious if these had the GCAS which I wasn't sure if they had introduced it in the aircraft or which tranches specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread