Team USA

1703300502834.jpeg

Aug 28, 2022, 07:00 AM ET

The kids from Hawaii took home their fourth Little League World Series title with a 13-3 win over Curacao in Sunday's championship game, outscoring their opponents 60-5 in six games over this year's tournament.

The 75th anniversary of the LLWS is even more special -- it's the first year since 2019 that international teams have participated, and also the first year of the tournament's expansion. The number of teams in the Little League Baseball World Series (LLBWS) increased to 20 and the Little League Softball World Series (LLSWS) increased to 12.

The LLSWS champion was crowned earlier this month, with Texas bringing the championship back to the Southwest with a 5-4 win over Maryland.

This year's festivities also featured the Boston Red Sox and Baltimore Orioles facing off in the MLB Little League Classic on Aug. 21 at historic Bowman Field in Williamsport. The Orioles beat the Red Sox 5-3 in that matchup -- after sliding down the famous hill with Little Leaguers, of course

Obviously, it was all Indian-Americans and Chinese-Americans that won all of them for USA. Murrikans by themselves be fat, dumb and lazy. Everybody know dat! :lol:

Or may be not?
The total Nobel prizes won by "Americans" is ~ 411, which includes foreign born winners. This is out of ~ 950 Nobel prizes awarded since the inception of the prize in 1901. The above chart showing ~ 260 USA winners is for USA-born honorees. It may include second+ generation Indian or Chinese Americans, who knows? By the second generation they are unequivocally Americans. My point in adding this information to the Team USA thread is to celebrate another aspect of what is great about our country, its excellence in nurturing innovation and discovery. This includes Nobel-worthy advances both by native born Americans and those who come here where they are allowed and supported to do their best work.

no US politics sticky here yet ?

I'll just post this here for now.

@VCheng please author a sticky for US politics, you are heading into an election year and there will be a lot to post on it.

no US politics sticky here yet ?

I'll just post this here for now.

@VCheng please author a sticky for US politics, you are heading into an election year and there will be a lot to post on it.

Here it is since Dec 10:

Here it is since Dec 10:

oops, well it was kind of late at night :P

thanks

Personal displays of the American flag are common in everyday America. The Stars and Stripes symbolize the US nation, founded by people declaring themselves to be free of a monarchy, and solely governed, to this day, by their self-ratified laws, the US Constitution.

1703473510858.jpeg

Cost to Orbit.jpg

I found this chart interesting and revealing on many levels.

Small Town High School Football in the USA!

Alaska: Soldotna High School​

Soldotna High School, in blue, won its first state title in 2006.

Soldotna High School, in blue, won its first state title in 2006.Al Grillo/AP Photo
City: Soldotna, Alaska
Population: 4,719
State championships: 12 (2006-08, 2010, 2012-19)
Notable players: Robbie Smithwick, Brenner Furlong, Anthony Griglione, Josh Coleman, Joe Roderick, Timo Gleason, Austin Tennis
Notable coaches: Galen Brantley Jr., Bob Boudreaux

Soldotna High School won eight consecutive state titles from 2012 to 2019.

Soldotna High School won eight consecutive state titles from 2012 to 2019.ksrmam/Twitter

The greatest high school football dynasty in Alaska history resides at Soldotna High, where they've won 12 state titles from 2006 to 2019. Before that, they finished as runner-up four times since Alaska began having informal state championships in the 1980s, then made things official in the mid-1990s.
The Stars posted a record 59-game winning streak over five years and has produced four Alaska Gatorade Players of the Year.

Over the last decade, the Stars are an amazing 77-3 and won eight consecutive state titles from 2012 to 2019.

The USA welcomes all peaceful religions: The Baha'i

1703616630116.jpeg

The Bahá'í House of Worship in Wilmette is an intricate concrete masterpiece with thoughtful details that reflect oneness for humanity.

The Bahá’í religion was founded in the Middle East in the 1840s. Its introduction in the United States can be traced back to a Parliament of the World’s Religions meeting in Chicago in 1893. By 1900, there were nearly 1,000 Bahá’ís living in the U.S. and Canada. Plans to construct a Bahá’í temple in the Chicago area emerged in 1903, but it would be another 50 years before the temple was finished.

Two lots were purchased along Lake Michigan in 1907, in what was then Grosse Pointe (now Wilmette). Raising funds for the temple’s construction proved difficult, as it was financed by individual contributions from Bahá’ís around the world. Two World Wars and the Great Depression slowed things down. The son of the religion’s founder dedicated the temple during a visit to the U.S. and the foundation stone was laid in 1920.

1703616706908.jpeg 1703616778944.jpeg1703616824539.jpeg

Attachments

• 1703616678556.jpeg
    1703616678556.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 3
I am officially de-identifying as a broncos fan after yesterday. They have become the Pakistan cricket team

Attachments

• 1703618889401.png
    1703618889401.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 3
I am officially de-identifying as a broncos fan after yesterday. They have become the Pakistan cricket team
Tell you what. I'll trade you the Commanders for the Broncos.

Tell you what. I'll trade you the Commanders for the Broncos.
They reflect the current state of DC regardless of which aisle you are in - dysfunctional - so no complaining.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back