Team USA

There's just so many weird shops on that side that come and go.

So one of them my brother had a funny story.
My brother was in one of them with some friends I think getting a slice of pizza before going into (or maybe after) Narcissus and this huge guy starts to pick a fight with them for no reason. Just before roid-boy was going to start throwing punches this cop flies in the door and clocks him on the back of the head with his flashlight sending steroid boy to the floor out cold. Then the cop leaves! haha! Everybody in line was doing a "what the hell just happened".

lol. I've had some interesting interactions with Boston cops through the years lol. Nothing serious just minor silly stuff but the funny this is I never got in trouble, even early in my college days when I didn't even have a license yet and got pulled over on Storrow. Black cop with Metro back then, right. My buddy's car I went to reach for the registration, open the glovy and there's a huge 16" jagged-edged knife right there loool. I near damn had a heart attack. Black cop was like "WTF is that!?" I played it off and started joking with him. He asked me why I was driving so fast not to mention without a license? I told him I had an international driver's license but lost it and I blamed Storrow for my speed. I said "look at this road, it's built like a race track and you put 25mph on it? Impossible!" All he could do was shake his head and laugh and let me go lool.
Don't get me going I got TONS of crazy stories and this was as mild as they get. 😁

lol. I've had some interesting interactions with Boston cops through the years lol. Nothing serious just minor silly stuff but the funny this is I never got in trouble, even early in my college days when I didn't even have a license yet and got pulled over on Storrow. Black cop with Metro back then, right. My buddy's car I went to reach for the registration, open the glovy and there's a huge 16" jagged-edged knife right there loool. I near damn had a heart attack. Black cop was like "WTF is that!?" I played it off and started joking with him. He asked me why I was driving so fast not to mention without a license? I told him I had an international driver's license but lost it and I blamed Storrow for my speed. I said "look at this road, it's built like a race track and you put 25mph on it? Impossible!" All he could do was shake his head and laugh and let me go lool.
Don't get me going I got TONS of crazy stories and this was as mild as they get. 😁
you missed the "crazy friend" rule. You are lucky you pass the skin tone test and you didn't need a "white Friend" for that knife.

1714167401712.jpeg

Last edited:
you missed the "crazy friend" rule. You are lucky you pass the skin tone test and you didn't need a "white Friend" for that knife.

I saw that when it first aired and what a coincidence, I just saw it on X again yesterday. lol

American cops throughout the country are brimming with pent up frustration after the BLM and other movements. They are taking out all that frustration on pro-Palestinians protesters by using brutal force on people half their size who are clearly not resisting arrest or posing any physical threat.

The cops are basically saying "we treat white teenagers and women just the same way; it's not something against black people".

American cops throughout the country are brimming with pent up frustration after the BLM and other movements. They are taking out all that frustration on pro-Palestinians protesters by using brutal force on people half their size who are clearly not resisting arrest or posing any physical threat.

The cops are basically saying "we treat white teenagers and women just the same way; it's not something against black people".

Maybe police in the cities..but nothing is happening (as usual) in the 'burbs.

Not sure what she did at what looks like a peaceful protest just maybe trespassing, but didn't warrant such a violent take-down.

picking up from the old Team USA...the amazing NASS videos..which show much of what is seen and defined as "modern" in the world is actually "old".

A Day in San Francisco 1930s in color [60fps,Remastered] w/sound design added​

Washington DC 1940s in color, Street Scene [60fps,Remastered] w/sound design added​

New Orleans, Louisiana 1930s in color [60fps, Remastered] w/sound design added​

Last edited:
picking up from the old Team USA...the amazing NASS videos..which show much of what is seen and defined as "modern" in the world is actually "old".

The good old days of post WWII of the late 40s and really all of the 50s despite the US' involvement in the Korean war. The 50s were like the new awakening of the United States and even into the 60s which would've been arguably the greatest decade of the 20th century if it wasn't for Vietnam. That also could've happened in the 50s as a result of the Korean War but the people were fed up after the toll of WWII and weren't really paying much attention to basically what propelled the Cold War. But had Truman not done the right thing and actually listened to Macarthy who pushed really hard for another Hiroshima/Nagasaki and dropped another nuke or two on North Korea and instead fired Macarthy, the 50s would've been a disaster as well.

If you could describe the 50s in a few pictures.

1715344946931.png

Who remembers these great refrigerators? :D
And the colors of the 50s.

1715344602474.png

And this of course.

1715345310502.png

And really the start of desegregation in major league sports began in 1950 by this man who changed the course of history in American professional sports.

1715345648981.png

The good old days of post WWII of the late 40s and really all of the 50s despite the US' involvement in the Korean war. The 50s were like the new awakening of the United States and even into the 60s which would've been arguably the greatest decade of the 20th century if it wasn't for Vietnam. That also could've happened in the 50s as a result of the Korean War but the people were fed up after the toll of WWII and weren't really paying much attention to basically what propelled the Cold War. But had Truman not done the right thing and actually listened to Macarthy who pushed really hard for another Hiroshima/Nagasaki and dropped another nuke or two on North Korea and instead fired Macarthy, the 50s would've been a disaster as well.

If you could describe the 50s in a few pictures.

View attachment 39444

Who remembers these great refrigerators? :D
And the colors of the 50s.

View attachment 39432

And this of course.

View attachment 39446

And really the start of desegregation in major league sports began in 1950 by this man who changed the course of history in American professional sports.

View attachment 39450

My family had one of those "great refrigerators". Exposed Natural Gas flame in the back, car door handles, putting heaters in the freezer to defrost THICK ice...not that great.

I remember as a kid in the mid 1970's seeing it being replaced with a fully electric one and watching the guys fighting to get it through 2 doorframes, down the narrow back door wooden stairs, across the lawn, crash it through the hedges, and onto the sidewalk. Luckily there was 1.5 feet of thick heavy snow and they slid it most of the way (including the stairs). We also got a new pilotless natural gas stove, our first dishwasher and the first house around to get an A/C unit put in the yard.

The refrigerator looked a lot like this. Don't think it said Hotpoint on it but otherwise very very close.

Last edited:
My family had one of those "great refrigerators". Exposed Natural Gas flame in the back, car door handles, putting heaters in the freezer to defrost THICK ice...not that great.

Exposed natural gas flame on the back what? Of the fridge? Definitely car door handles lol those things were built like tanks. The freezers were definitely a nightmare when they froze over LOL!

Exposed natural gas flame on the back what? Of the fridge? Definitely car door handles lol those things were built like tanks.

Yeah, if you pulled off the front plate on the bottom 1/3 to get to the compressor you could see an exposed blue flame in the back..and there wasn't a back plate (probably for airflow). So if you were a kid you could theoretically walk to the back and stick your hand in and touch the flame. The back of the refrigerator was about 3 inches from the wall (again for airflow).

openFlame.png

Here's an example of one in an RV

RV Dometic fridge proper flame pattern​

Yeah, that's a big fire hazard..you crazy fool.

The freezers were definitely a nightmare when they froze over LOL!

selfdefrosting.png

Last edited:
Yeah, if you pulled off the front plate on the bottom 1/3 to get to the compressor you could see an exposed blue flame in the back..and there wasn't a back plate (probably for airflow). So if you were a kid you could theoretically walk to the back and stick your hand in and touch the flame. The back of the refrigerator was about 3 inches from the wall (again for airflow).
That is absolutely insane! I've never seen that on any of those old fridges and I've actually had a few in my early days, even going back to Egypt, bro. That's all we had growing up into the 70s and never saw that! Wow.

It sounds like the later models that came out as a result of trying to solve the ice buildup in the freezer and a way to defrost it. But most of the oldies I can't imagine having that crazy flame.

And that's not even like the old hot water heaters' pilot flames. Those were a tiny little flame that would go out all the time looool it was so tiny and we'd have to light it up with matches, you remember that, right? But this is nuts on another level.

That is absolutely insane! I've never seen that on any of those old fridges and I've actually had a few in my early days, even going back to Egypt, bro. That's all we had growing up into the 70s and never saw that! Wow.

It sounds like the later models that came out as a result of trying to solve the ice buildup in the freezer and a way to defrost it. But most of the oldies I can't imagine having that crazy flame.

And that's not even like the old hot water heaters' pilot flames. Those were a tiny little flame that would go out all the time looool it was so tiny and we'd have to light it up with matches, you remember that, right? But this is nuts on another level.

Well I was only a little kid so everything seemed larger back then but to me that flame looked like a blowtorch...and it was mere inches off the floor...even back then I knew it was a stupid design (hmm the engineer in me coming through).

We also had to light the vintage Natural Gas oven with a match like this...geez

There was a pilot flame but it was only for the top burners. If you wanted to use the oven or broiler you had to light it by hand with a long stick match.

I don't remember our natural gas water heater needing any lighting.

Well I was only a little kid so everything seemed larger back then but to me that flame looked like a blowtorch...and it was mere inches off the floor...even back then I knew it was a stupid design (hmm the engineer in me coming through).

Ah, engineer! Now a lot of things make sense! ;)

We also had to light the vintage Natural Gas oven with a match like this...geez

I do remember those but most of the ones we had already had a pilot for the top burners and the oven, BUT the broiler had a bastard of a lighting process just like that. You had to stick the match in and be lucky to get your hand out before the burners light up lolozo.

Just another reminder of how fortunate and spoiled we are nowadays. Everything is handed to us in the most automated and easiest ways. I love watching those clips of parents showing teens a rotary phone and challenging them to figure out how to make a call lmmmaaaaoooo!

I don't remember our natural gas water heater needing any lighting.

Oh yeah, those were basically the way they operated before they became ignition fired. They had a tendency to go out just with a breeze. Even the majority of boilers were like that and both of those sucked for us in the busy because when I'd be at the start of a reno and homeowners would be living at home, a few times I'd get a call @ 2am telling me their heat isn't working and I'd have to drag my ass out of a cozy bed and drive in 10 degree snow all the way to Arlington or wherever lol and light the furnace pilot up for them. The first few times that crap happened I made serious adjustments so not only would the homeowners not go through that (especially when they have kids) but also for me and my need for my beauty sleep lol.

One time I had a great homeowner on a project we were doing and, in the morning, when we got there he tells us he and his wife jumped out of bed at 3 in the morning when the air compressor suddenly kicked on LOLOL! One of the guys forgot to unplug it and drain the air and like most compressors once the valve gets a bit old, it slowly leaks air as the pressure sits there and once it gets below its setting, it automatically kicks in to refill lol. That also changed quickly after too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back