Team USA

Still king of the road, Brohan. And by a mile compared to the other amateurs there. Between the trucks and a couple of Mustangs here and there through the years (and a Probe), Ford has been a huge part of the GoMiG household and business. I'm on my 3rd F-series Heavy Duty truck and unless it starts giving me chronic problems, I don't plan on trading it in or changing brands should I need to. They're simply the toughest I've driven and even have high comfort level despite the stiffness of the rear end of the dually.

And the front-end has always been the most attractive out of all the brands IMO. Not even getting into payload and towing capacity which is really 2nd to none with Fords.

On a separtate not, anyone in the path of the Solar Eclipse? I know Ant & myself are not, unfortunately, being up here in Taxachusetts ooops, I mean Massachusetts. @Nilgiri up the Canada I don't think will be in its path either, right? How about any of the other fellas on here, @VCheng ? @RabzonKhan ? @KAL-EL ?

Actually maybe Nilgiri might catch it if you're anywhere near Montreal, I think? IIRC you're more towards Vancouver and western Canada if I'm not mistaken.

View attachment 31763

I think they said it's another 20+ years before it happens again. Amazing the majestic power of the Almighty Creator, right Ant? :D

View attachment 31765
Good to see you again. I reside on the West Coast, thus I was very far away from the solar eclipse route.

I thought landlords get some tax deduction for low income rentals. It wouldn't make up the difference to a market rental but may help somewhat.

Keep in mind the explosion of people buying homes as simply short term rental investments (ie AirBnB) or second homes that sit empty as long term investments.

I think there is no housing shortage. There is a shortage of available long-term housing which is causing the rents in those available to go up.

Keep in mind the explosion of people buying homes as simply short term rental investments (ie AirBnB) or second homes that sit empty as long term investments.

I think there is no housing shortage. There is a shortage of available long-term housing which is causing the rents in those available to go up.

Yeah people are saying AirBnB has squeezed the regular rental market in many places pushing up rents for regular people.

As always, politicians are either sleeping on the job or profit from these investments themselves, making things worse for low income and young people.

In Australia, house prices and rents are through the roof, public infrastructure is strained, but the politicians keep increasing immigration because that's what businesses and rich voters want.

In Australia, house prices and rents are through the roof, public infrastructure is strained, but the politicians keep increasing immigration because that's what businesses and rich voters want.

Just think of all the people jumping the US border..and they wonder why there is a shortage of affordable housing. I suppose they think these people are living in high rent mansions in Beverly Hills.

This whole "shortage" thing is stupid.
it's fake..and a scam to subdivide properties or change zoning laws.

The city of Boston was pressuring suburban towns (which are usually 100% land utilized) to build more affordable housing.. in response the towns told Boston to go look at all their vacant/boarded-up/condemned land first before telling them what to do. So this is what they find:

Boston has 9.5 million square feet of vacant or underutilized land that it plans to develop, Mayor Michelle Wu said Wednesday.

Well what a shocker....so as expected Boston is the one that has all the tons of available land..not the suburbs.

They have a lot of nerve as they aren't even the densest area either. Look how some suburbs have way more people per square mile.

RankPopulation Density ▼City / Population
1.18,378.3/sq miSomerville, MA / 77,560
2.15,083.4/sq miChelsea, MA / 37,084
3.15,034.1/sq miCambridge, MA / 106,844
4.11,867.8/sq miMalden, MA / 60,309
5.11,655.3/sq miEverett, MA / 42,758
6.10,446.7/sq miLawrence, MA / 77,364
7.8,662.3/sq miBrookline, MA / 59,016
8.7,987.9/sq miWatertown, MA / 32,880
9.7,960.9/sq miArlington, MA / 43,728
10.7,468.8/sq miLowell, MA / 108,491
11.7,135.1/sq miBoston, MA / 639,594
12.6,750.2/sq miLynn, MA / 91,289
13.6,581.1/sq miMedford, MA / 56,981
14.5,774.9/sq miMelrose, MA / 27,509
15.5,330.2/sq miBelmont, MA / 25,173
16.5,268.2/sq miRevere, MA / 53,258
17.5,008.8/sq miClinton, MA / 7,488
18.4,786.6/sq miNewton, MA / 86,945
19.4,746.0/sq miWorcester, MA / 182,511
20.4,651.4/sq miSpringfield, MA / 153,836

metrodensity.png

Last edited:
I went on this ride when I was a kid.

Abandoned - Disney World's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea​

Wow, Air Force Honor Guard Drill Team Walk Thru.

It looks like the move Airplane! was inspired by a real-life event.

How 1 Meal Took Down a Plane with 144 Passengers​

Airplane! Don't Eat the Fish!​

@GoMig-21
An interesting twist to the Boston Marathon bombers story

TLDR Some Sudanese woman behind some kind of murder spree involving the bombers.

Crazy. I remember the news of the murders being tied to the older terrorist brother and the potential link he had to them. It was part of the Marathon bombing news IIRC, and that there was a potential connection with him or both the terrorists bastards. Never knew anything about the Sudanese chick, though. She sounds like a real winner holy moly! 2 of her 3 boyfriends were killed including her husband whom she tried to blackmail for $500Gs and the 3rd is doing time for a murder? What a freak.

As far as the case dragging for what, 13 years now? Not surprising. I think this part says it all.

"the Middlesex district attorney and the FBI — that would be indicative of a healthy democracy,” Zalkind said in an interview"

Friggin Middlesex, Suffolk and especially Essex they all suck ass! Nothing but a bunch of corrupt gangsters with badges milking the system and using their power to deflect from accountability whenever they screw up. It's so obvious the FBI clown shot the guy they were interviewing for hours in his Florida apartment, and they called it "self-defense" wink wink and they didn't want to be investigated for "one of their own" which then moves the onus on the Middlesex DA (who BTW, all DAs are the worst of the worse and only care about their conviction rate and will press charges on anyone and any swinging dick if it makes them look good) and of course they're in cahoots with the FBI jackboot thugs because one hand washes the other and if they took this to trial and found the older brother guilty and convicted him as well as the Sudanese chick of the 3 Waltham murders, that could EASILY open the door wide to civil lawsuits and major litigation from all the victims' families for hundreds of millions of $ the towns & cities will have to pay for, not to mention opening an internal investigation on the FBI and detectives etc. and the chances they could be found guilty. So what's the best thing to do? Keep the case open and just milk it. Every year or two when someone brings it up like this journalist, just say that they're still investigating and like she said, some cold cases can be unsolved for 50 years lmao. Nuts.

That older brother was a real POS. Easy to see how he convince the younger brother to go along with that evil plan of his that lowlife.

BTW, don't you love this time of year?

Hey Ant, do you remember that restaurant in Kenmore Square that had a German name I think, somethingHaus or something like that? It was a breakfast/deli I think but they made EXCEPTIONAL omelets, that was their thing. It was a little bit of a dark dive you had to go down a flight of stairs off Comm. Ave to it. It was right across the T-bus station on the side heading towards downtown Boston. Any idea?

Friggin Middlesex, Suffolk and especially Essex they all suck ass! Nothing but a bunch of corrupt gangsters with badges milking the system

My read into it is Waltham is trying to squash the investigation because if they had looked into it that older brother probably would have been in jail instead of having time to build the marathon bombs. They don't want fingers pointing at them for dropping the ball.

My read into it is Waltham is trying to squash the investigation because if they had looked into it that older brother probably would have been in jail instead of having time to build the marathon bombs. They don't want fingers pointing at them for dropping the ball.

That too, for sure. Common interests serve all.

Hey Ant, do you remember that restaurant in Kenmore Square that had a German name I think, somethingHaus or something like that? It was a breakfast/deli I think but they made EXCEPTIONAL omelets, that was their thing. It was a little bit of a dark dive you had to go down a flight of stairs off Comm. Ave to it. It was right across the T-bus station on the side heading towards downtown Boston. Any idea?

hmmm...I guess I know the outbound side better than the inbound. Is this some place you'd crash after dancing the night away at Narcissus/Celebration or something. ;)

hmmm...I guess I know the outbound side better than the inbound. Is this some place you'd crash after dancing the night away at Narcissus/Celebration or something. ;)

The lovely Missus and I are going nuts trying to remember the name. Can't even find it online. It's been 3 days now and you know how nagging that can be LOL!

The lovely Missus and I are going nuts trying to remember the name. Can't even find it online. It's been 3 days now and you know how nagging that can be LOL!

There's just so many weird shops on that side that come and go.

So in one of them my brother had a funny story.
My brother was with some friends I think getting a slice of pizza before going into (or maybe after) Narcissus and this huge guy starts to pick a fight with them for no reason. Just before roid-boy was going to start throwing punches this cop flies in the door and clocks him on the back of the head with his heavy duty police flashlight sending steroid boy to the floor out cold. Then the cop leaves just as fast! In..then out..haha! Everybody in line was doing a "what the hell just happened".

biff.png
Hey Biff what the hell is that behind you...sorry I ain't looking. <CRACK!!> lights out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back