Team USA

what's inside Space Mountain in Disneyland..lights turned on

Breakdown & Evacuation | Disneyland Park, California​

WTH is going on? This is a trend?

2024-hunter-charged-assaulting-subway-79839732.jpg

@GoMig-21 Me taking advantage of the Free month of Tesla FSD by driving through insane Cambridge streets

Hey Ant, does this thing really not have any brake lights or any lights at all on its ass end? Or are they narrow or hidden or something? Can't be street legal.

1713147198587.png

The guy who took that pic was complaining that he was cut off by that "refrigerator". I've seen refrigerators that look even better than that hunk of turd if they were on wheels lol.

Hey Ant, does this thing really not have any brake lights or any lights at all on its ass end?
rearlights.png
Taillight in black strip and the rearview mirror is...uh..hmm

The guy who took that pic was complaining that he was cut off by that "refrigerator". I've seen refrigerators that look even better than that hunk of turd if they were on wheels lol.

I'm not exactly a fan of Cybertrucks..but I'm not much of a fan of people using pickups as their daily drivers.

I have no idea how somebody can casually toss something in the back when the side reachover is like 5 feet. Plus you only have a rear camera as the rear mirror is non-existent.

What happens when a "woke" community speeds up diversification (DEI) by accidentally putting into power minorities who said they would "weed out people who were biased towards others (but apparently meaning only towards blacks. :rolleyes: )" and then hired their heavily biased friends :ROFLMAO: who actively targeted/bullied/discriminated against the LGBT and Trans community. When confronted as to why they don't stop they give woke "restorative justice" excuses. :ROFLMAO: You then end up with liberal factions screaming racism and trans/homophobia back at each other.

Liberal School District IMPLODES After Culture War Fiasco​

42056863.jpg

Doreen Cunningham (only "woke issues" are important)

Amherst Regional Middle School’s interim principal Talib Sadiq is stepping down from the position starting April 22, according to an email obtained by MassLive

Even with complaints that their actions and behavior, including intentional misgendering students were likely offensive, three counselors at the Amherst Regional Middle School have been cleared of violations of the federal Title IX law in response to complaints received by the district

Talib Sadiq

Last edited:
sadly if you go in TikTok it’s full of such videos.

Same old story repeated in many cities. "Urban Doom Loop"

People with money move to suburbs to new modern homes instead of 150yr old city multi-familes.
Low income moves in.
City Tax collections go down, budgets get strained, more money spent on social services.
Business taxes increase, customer base decreases, businesses move out.
jobs become scarce.
petty crime goes up.
harsh penalties alienates the voter base, politicians lower crime penalties.
serious crime goes up
businesses close
People with money move to suburbs.....

Same old story repeated in many cities. "Urban Doom Loop"

People with money move to suburbs to new modern homes instead of 150yr old city multi-familes.
Low income moves in.
City Tax collections go down, budgets get strained, more money spent on social services.
Business taxes increase, customer base decreases, businesses move out.
jobs become scarce.
petty crime goes up.
harsh penalties alienates the voter base, politicians lower crime penalties.
serious crime goes up
businesses close
People with money move to suburbs.....

Gentrification used to be quite the trend in the past, not sure if it still is. I always wondered where all those poor people went.

Also, NYC subway has a very mixed clientele. You have Wall St banker types sitting next to McDonalds kitchen staff, LOL.

Gentrification used to be quite the trend in the past, not sure if it still is. I always wondered where all those poor people went.

Probably to tents out into the streets..certainly not the suburbs.
You fix an old neighborhood, higher earners move in to pay rent, area revitalizes, landlords in area also raise rent, lower income forced out.

That's why cities want a percentage of units to be low income. They want the area to be successful..but not THAT successful.

But then the cities are a-holes and wont help subsidize the cost of the mixed-income building since the builder isn't going to recoup its expenses for a long time making it not worthwhile businesswise..or worthwhile if they cut corners...which cities are very happy to look the other way or making sure some safety rules get bent.

@GoMig-21 you remember that story about a year ago about some new mixed use building in Cambridge bending the zoning laws to allow street parking instead of parking in the units.

So what ends up happening is a stalemate. Builders can't easily move forward because the cities shake them down to add low income units out of their own pocket..unless they want a red tape nightmare for 10 years.

Oddly in the Boston area Harvard seems to have gone into the commercial/residential building business BIG TIME.
Leveraging their Billions in endowment and their non-profit status it seems they are able to get around many of the walls that have stymied traditional builders. Even Boston is groaning because apparently as a non-profit they are able to skirt some property taxes! Seems the established shakedown attitude backfired since If you think noble Harvard is interested in low income housing...well think again. They are buying up property like a locust swarm and doing whatever they want.

They are also moving into nearby Watertown with major renovations at the Arsenal Yards area.

Infact Harvard has so much power they are having the State/Federal Government (not Boston) move the I-90 highway out of its way.

They have even talked about re-routing the biggest river in Massachusetts out of their way.

Last edited:
That's why cities want a percentage of units to be low income.

I thought landlords get some tax deduction for low income rentals. It wouldn't make up the difference to a market rental but may help somewhat.

They want the area to be successful..but not THAT successful.

I think it may be a state or federal requirement to maintain rental affordability. The cities would just as well get rid of poor people and let them be someone else's problem.

We always joked about TV shows like Friends and Seinfeld with low income people (Kramer) living in Manhattan.

When I was living in Manhattan, I asked about rent controlled apartments and was told the waiting list was usually decades long. I ended up paying the usual fortune for a hole in the wall for a while then decided it wasn't worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back