Team USA

That said, the Ford F-Series (150,250,350) only beat out the Tesla Model 3 [they meant Y not 3] and Toyota RAV4 in terms of total registrations (fleet sales excluded) by 0.1 percent. The truck lineup saw 380,685 registrations while the Model Y saw 375,140 and the RAV4 had 368,521. The Chevrolet Silverado (1500, 2500, 3500) came in fourth with 348,573 and the Honda CR-V rounded out the top five with 347,043 registrations in 2023.

Bestselling Cars, Trucks, and SUVs of 2023​

1. Ford F-Series (750,789 units sold)​

4. Toyota RAV4 (434,943 units sold)​

5. Tesla Model Y (385,900 units sold, estimated)​

12. Tesla Model 3 (232,700 units sold, estimated)​

Last edited:

Change the date

Just bumping this thread since I haven't been getting any notifications since the last time I posted on here. Must be the whole username debacle but that seems to be all fixed now so hopefully I'll start getting notifications. Yeeeeey.

Bestselling Cars, Trucks, and SUVs of 2023​

1. Ford F-Series (750,789 units sold)​

4. Toyota RAV4 (434,943 units sold)​

5. Tesla Model Y (385,900 units sold, estimated)​

12. Tesla Model 3 (232,700 units sold, estimated)​

Still king of the road, Brohan. And by a mile compared to the other amateurs there. Between the trucks and a couple of Mustangs here and there through the years (and a Probe), Ford has been a huge part of the GoMiG household and business. I'm on my 3rd F-series Heavy Duty truck and unless it starts giving me chronic problems, I don't plan on trading it in or changing brands should I need to. They're simply the toughest I've driven and even have high comfort level despite the stiffness of the rear end of the dually.

And the front-end has always been the most attractive out of all the brands IMO. Not even getting into payload and towing capacity which is really 2nd to none with Fords.

On a separtate not, anyone in the path of the Solar Eclipse? I know Ant & myself are not, unfortunately, being up here in Taxachusetts ooops, I mean Massachusetts. @Nilgiri up the Canada I don't think will be in its path either, right? How about any of the other fellas on here, @VCheng ? @RabzonKhan ? @KAL-EL ?

Actually maybe Nilgiri might catch it if you're anywhere near Montreal, I think? IIRC you're more towards Vancouver and western Canada if I'm not mistaken.

1712456009786.png

I think they said it's another 20+ years before it happens again. Amazing the majestic power of the Almighty Creator, right Ant? :D

1712456247385.png

@GoMig-21 Me taking advantage of the Free month of Tesla FSD by driving through insane Cambridge streets

cambridge.png

This thing does an awesome job. AI has solved what 10 years of developers couldn't. It's like Aladdin's magic carpet ride.

Last edited:
@GoMig-21 Me taking advantage of the Free month of Tesla FSD by driving through insane Cambridge streets

Sweet, bro. Looks like somewhere around Harvard Square in that pic. Yep, those streets sure are insane and that's putting it mildly! lol

Still king of the road, Brohan. And by a mile compared to the other amateurs there. Between the trucks and a couple of Mustangs here and there through the years (and a Probe), Ford has been a huge part of the GoMiG household and business. I'm on my 3rd F-series Heavy Duty truck and unless it starts giving me chronic problems, I don't plan on trading it in or changing brands should I need to. They're simply the toughest I've driven and even have high comfort level despite the stiffness of the rear end of the dually.

And the front-end has always been the most attractive out of all the brands IMO. Not even getting into payload and towing capacity which is really 2nd to none with Fords.

On a separtate not, anyone in the path of the Solar Eclipse? I know Ant & myself are not, unfortunately, being up here in Taxachusetts ooops, I mean Massachusetts. @Nilgiri up the Canada I don't think will be in its path either, right? How about any of the other fellas on here, @VCheng ? @RabzonKhan ? @KAL-EL ?

Actually maybe Nilgiri might catch it if you're anywhere near Montreal, I think? IIRC you're more towards Vancouver and western Canada if I'm not mistaken.

View attachment 31763

I think they said it's another 20+ years before it happens again. Amazing the majestic power of the Almighty Creator, right Ant? :D

View attachment 31765

I am in the Montreal-Ottawa area mostly these days....so I'm in luck heh.

I will be doing a short drive to see the best views I can for totality heh. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

View attachment 31763

View attachment 31765

I was in a Burlington, Mass parking lot back in 1994 watching this one through 2 5 1/4 floppy disks:

May 10, 1994 annular​

An annular eclipse passed through Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. An annular solar eclipse occurs when the moon is far from the earth as it passes between the earth and the sun. Since the moon is farther away than it is during a total solar eclipse, viewers see a bright "ring of fire" around the moon.

A young boy looks at the annular solar eclipse of 1994 through a filter outside the Boston Museum of Science. (David L. Ryan/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)
A young boy looks at the annular solar eclipse of 1994 through a filter outside the Boston Museum of Science. (David L. Ryan/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

Last edited:
I was in a Burlington, Mass parking lot back in 1994 watching this one though a 5 1/2 floppy disk:

Wow, 5 times in the past century dang I never thought they were that rare of an occurrence. Seems like they happen more often than that but I guess the shape, angle & rotation of all 3 planets makes it so that it's not that common of a score and spaces them out in no particular timely pattern. Crazy.

Ah yes listening to the the sounds of spring in my peaceful suburban neighborhood

1964: ARTHUR C CLARKE predicts the FUTURE​

@GoMig-21 According to this 4 year old video the "Skywalk" observation area was there along with the "Top of the Hub"

So I'm not exactly sure what has changed other than the restaurant closing and apparently being converted into a lounge area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back