Tesla Vehicles Megathread

It will be my next car in 2026/2027 Insha'Allah.

Can't afford right now but that's what the plan is

It will be my next car in 2026/2027 Insha'Allah.

Can't afford right now but that's what the plan is

I love my red Tesla Model Y. Very fast and zero lean in corners. I didn't like the Model 3 because it is just sooooooo small (and has this huge crossbar hanging down inside WTF). The Model 3 was unacceptable and in my opinion they should have started straight out with the Model Y instead of wasting time with the 3. Park them next to each other and the size difference is quickly apparent. It makes a huge difference in perceived comfort.

Last edited:
I love my red Tesla Model Y. Very fast and zero lean in corners. I didn't like the Model 3 because it is just sooooooo small (and has this huge crossbar hanging down inside WTF). The Model 3 was unacceptable and in my opinion they should have started straight out with the Model Y instead of wasting time with the 3. Park them next to each other and the size difference is quickly apparent. It makes a huge difference in perceived comfort.

I was going to buy Model 3 in 2020 but Covid happened so I decided to wait and later on other priorities took over and can’t afford right now. I don’t want to buy a car on lease as it’s not worth it

Model Y stats? What make it stand out compared to other Tesla's?

Model Y is higher.. similar to SUV

Model 3 is cheaper

Model S is premium

Model X is 7 seater

The Model S supposedly is a full size sedan while the 3 is like a Honda Civic.
I have not sat in a Model S but I have driven a Model X.

Supposedly the Model X is a full size SUV while the Y is a compact.
Park them next to each other and the size difference is obvious. It really isn't apparent in the above video but the X is much bulkier and taller than the Y. Inside the X does seem much larger than a Y.

The X had a few things that I didn't like.
1) no turning stalks.
2) As someone who avoided buying T-Tops back in the day because they always ended up leaking water on your head no matter what you tried doing to stop it...
Used-2002-Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-NHRA-Special-Edition.jpg

..having 2 piece folding in the middle gull wing doors with all the gaskets is just the same damn potential problem but on a much much larger scale. A headache i don't need.
Well what do you know..it leaks...sorry frustrating sh*t like this is not for me. I could see this coming a mile away. I did buy a car once with a moon roof and I only opened it maybe 5 times.

3) I thought it was actually a chore to drive (vs a Y). I noticed the added weight immediately. It didn't make this a fun car to drive.
4) Maybe its me but the seats didn't feel right. I thought they were uncomfortable.

I dunno...I just wasn't impressed with the X to justify paying any extra money.
They should get rid of the gull doors, knock down the weight, and they'll sell another 100K a year easily.

Also all Tesla cars support voice commands..which oddly is rarely mentioned in review videos.
I use the voice commands all the time instead of fiddling with the screens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waz

Short sellers lost more money betting against Tesla than any other company last year​

Here’s something sure to make Elon Musk smile – short sellers, those investors who placed bets that the value of Tesla shares were going to go down, lost a combined $12.2 billion last year, more than short sellers lost on any other company in 2023.

That estimate, from markets analytics firm S3 Partners, isn’t a shock – Tesla shares slightly more than doubled during the course of the year. But for the shorts to take that kind of hit, there needs to be not only gains for the shares, but also a large group betting the other way.

With US stock indexes ending the year near record highs – the S&P 500 rose 22% for the year - shorts had a bad year overall. S3 estimates overall short losses reached $194.8 billion. But the losses by those shorting Tesla were particularly bad – more than the losses they suffered at Microsoft and Faceboook owner Meta, combined.

Tesla sold more cars than BYD in the whole year, but the trend doesn't look good for Tesla in the future over BYD.

Tesla Vehicle Sales Up 38%, but BYD Emerges As New EV Leader

January 3, 2024
ee637ab859c8ab5fb31e126201d2aadf.png

The company referred to as Tesla without the drama can now be called Tesla with more sales and less drama.

The final quarter of 2023 marked a significant milestone as BYD, a Chinese automaker, surged ahead of Tesla in EV sales. BYD sold an impressive 526,409 fully electric cars, eclipsing Tesla's delivery of 484,507 vehicles. We saw this coming after the third quarter, and if projections hold, Tesla will not be regaining the EV crown anytime soon.

Tesla’s fourth quarter was impressive; deliveries were up 38% year over year, and production was up 35% year over year. Plus, the company sold more Model S and Model X than it has during any quarter in the past five years. However, for a company that has projected 50% year-over-year growth and has been the unquestioned king of the EV sector, this performance falls a little flat, and it’s allowed one of the bigger threats to catch up.

BYD's performance in the fourth quarter was nothing short of extraordinary, with a record sale of 942,651 vehicles. This figure included a 55% share of Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and 45% of Plugin Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV). Notably, BYD transitioned away from Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles in April 2022, focusing entirely on electric and hybrid models.

The Competition is Here​

The origins of BYD trace back to its foundation as a battery company, later expanding into automobile manufacturing in the mid-2000s. With the backing of notable investor Warren Buffet, BYD has often been paralleled with Tesla; however, the two companies differ significantly in their product offerings and business strategies. Tesla adopts an online direct sales model, whereas BYD leverages a vast dealer network for both its international expansion and dominance in its domestic market. BYD has demonstrated a commitment to nurturing its dealership network, a model often perceived as outdated.

The competition between BYD and Tesla is set to intensify in 2024. BYD is venturing into areas previously dominated by Tesla, such as self-developed autonomous driving systems and a direct sales model. This shift is evident in establishing two new EV brands, YangWang, and Fang Cheng Bao, which adopt direct sales strategies and expand their own sales networks. Fang Cheng Bao launched 154 showrooms and direct-operated stores in 84 cities in 2023, while YangWang aimed to open 90 stores in 40 cities by the year's end.

Conventional Cars in Demand​

In contrast to Tesla's focus on advanced autonomous driving capabilities and high-tech interiors, BYD's vehicles feature more traditional interiors, emphasizing physical buttons and conventional design. The company's research and development primarily centers on battery technology, striving to offer high-quality vehicles at reasonable prices.

BYD's approach to business is characterized by vertical integration. The company, led by founder and CEO Wang Chuanfu, controls the entire production chain, from lithium mining to battery manufacturing, vehicle assembly, shipping logistics, and even car insurance. This strategy mirrors Tesla's approach to some extent, with both companies prioritizing cost efficiency and affordability.

For the year 2023, BYD's total electric vehicle sales soared to 3,023,679, a 62% increase from the previous year. Of these, 1,574,804 were BEVs. Conversely, Tesla delivered 1,808,581 vehicles in 2023, marking a 38% increase from 1,313,851 in 2022.

Despite BYD's impressive annual performance, Tesla maintained its lead in cumulative sales for the year. However, projections suggest BYD is poised to continue as the leading EV manufacturer in 2024.

Tesla sold more cars than BYD in the whole year, but the trend doesn't look good for Tesla in the future over BYD.

Yeah but BYD has been selling cars worldwide for years but has not had much widespread success.

When it comes to the OP title "leading the way to widespread EV adoption" BYD has been basically a complete no-show...even though back in 2009 it proclaimed itself the king
BYD announcing the world's first 100% EV family car which would be sold around the world ushering in the EV age....which never happened. BYD's tech wasn't ready. ...and Tesla went from a few guys in a garage to being synonymous with the EV revolution.

BYD's ambitions in Europe grow with plans for Hungary factory​

BYD is the largest automaker in China, with an 11 percent market share, as well as the top EV brand. But despite its dominant position there (it has the second- and third-best selling cars in China, behind the Tesla Model Y), it is not yet a player outside its home market.

Apparently India has historically been one of BYD's significant overseas markets. I guess we can thank BYD.

Last edited:
Tesla is a nice car, but it a $h!tty car on this universe.

Tesla is a nice car, but it a $h!tty car on this universe.

Well the universe is full of sh*t cars and all it takes is to just be a little less sh*tty than everybody else.

Tesla Model Y to be #1 selling car model in world for 2023

Tesla Model Y outsells all of China's sh*t cars (including gasoline) to be #1 in China for 2023.
Model-4.png

Tesla Model Y projected to be the top selling car in Europe for 2023

So Tesla's big help is the rest of the Universe is even worse...especially in China and Europe.

Tesla Model Y not #1 in US and Canada though. May not even be in the top 5 for sales.

Last edited:
Please mind your language. Thanks.
Well the universe is full of sh*t cars and all it takes is to just be a little less sh*tty than everybody else.

Tesla Model Y to be #1 selling car model in world for 2023

Tesla Model Y outsells all of China's sh*t cars (including gasoline) to be #1 in China for 2023.
Model-4.png

Tesla Model Y projected to be the top selling car in Europe for 2023

So Tesla's big help is the rest of the Universe is even worse...especially in China and Europe.

Tesla not #1 in US and Canada though.
Are you a dumber in this universe? You brought out a midsize SUV compared to hatchback and sedan car sell? Idiot americun, you comparing a big locker to a small locker. Ask your wife is she like big or small.

Are you a dumber in this universe? You brought out a midsize SUV compared to hatchback and sedan car sell?

Who cares whether a car is a hatchback or sedan? It's all about what the majority of consumers (not just YOU) want to buy.

For example other cars in China are perceived as being even more sh*t. Look how the Tesla Model Y is #1 in China beating out literally hundreds of local and foreign models.
numberone.png
The Chinese people are talking with their wallets...that's the bottom line.

But as I said all you need is to be perceived as less sh*t than everybody else and you will be #1.
If you can't face the truth about things then go run off to another thread instead of getting angry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back